Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into production this morning, no email either... my DS emailed me and was like I'm sure you've gotten the automated email at this point. MyTesla page shows only a subtle change from being in the production queue to now saying "Your Tesla is in production." but I only noticed this after the email from the DS. Still no change on dates/delivery window, etc.
About time! I've been waiting for you. I got mine Saturday in Fremont and already have 3K on it.

I bought the same tool so I am interested in your (hopefully) successful update. Any chance you were trying to turn the screws the wrong way? From other people's stories that seemed fairly common since they are upside down which can make your normal instinct wrong.
Hey.. So yeah.. If I'm not the only one then I don't feel bad.. like I originally said- It was late at night. When I turned the screws the other way they did come off easily. It was about 5 turns and then i used my finger to pull them all the way out. The PROBLEM was the glue/ adhesive. All of it came off except very tiny little bits of it on all 4 corners. Took forever (and a micro fiber rag) to get it all off.

Awesome! Looks great. Any problems, issues?

The problem is I had to wait 5 hours for the tinting to be done so I didn't get as much driving time the first day as I would have liked :p

Did you attempt to take the front license plate off while you were there? I am very interesting in knowing if they helped you do it.

They refused to even loosen the bolts for me, pretty disappointing. I got the 90 degree angle needle nose pliers that were linked in this thread and will attempt removal later.

Congrats, @Xenius !
I'll try to take the same pic with different people when I take delivery. :D

Please do, call me out when you post your picture!

Need to update your signature X! So awesome for you!

Thanks, going to go update right now!

Yes but I think like many Texans, we are taking our chances :)

In the north DFW area I see so many cars without them including the likes of the Maseratis and other luxury cars.

If I get pulled over I'll pop it on but until then I want to enjoy a beautiful clean nose at least for a little while. :)

Doesn't the car come with the 'placeholder zero emissions' plate in states that are 2 plate?