Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things:
1) Where are you returning the rental car at?
2) I just noticed...are you really coming all the way down from Chico? Long haul for you.

Only ~3 hour drive one way, but yeah going to be an all day event, sadly no tour this time but waiting didn't work as well with my schedule... I have done drives from Boulder, CO to Chico, CA in a single day & NM to NC...

I've got an Enterprise rental, and they have a location at 4311 SOLAR WAY, FREMONT, CA 94538 that I can drop it off at. It's about a mile from the Tesla Factory... so we're just going to walk from there and possibly to get lunch before picking up at 2pm. My girlfriend doesn't enjoy extended time in the car without time to stretch her legs, so works out well in that way. Sadly reserved the rental yesterday before I realized the tour wasn't an option so got a minivan before realizing it didn't make sense for friends to come with... and they didn't have any smaller vehicles for me to downsize to today :( Oh well not a bad rental vehicle for the trip, I've driven worse to the bay area before.

Only ~3 hour drive one way, but yeah going to be an all day event, sadly no tour this time but waiting didn't work as well with my schedule... I have done drives from Boulder, CO to Chico, CA in a single day & NM to NC...

I've got an Enterprise rental, and they have a location at 4311 SOLAR WAY, FREMONT, CA 94538 that I can drop it off at. It's about a mile from the Tesla Factory... so we're just going to walk from there and possibly to get lunch before picking up at 2pm. My girlfriend doesn't enjoy extended time in the car without time to stretch her legs, so works out well in that way. Sadly reserved the rental yesterday before I realized the tour wasn't an option so got a minivan before realizing it didn't make sense for friends to come with... and they didn't have any smaller vehicles for me to downsize to today :( Oh well not a bad rental vehicle for the trip, I've driven worse to the bay area before.
Sweet! I'm jealous, sounds like you've got a great Saturday planned now!

I've done the Chico Wildflower ride quite a few times and was actually looking for a supercharger along the way to Chico. Nothing really up that way, with the last one I found being Rocklin and the next nearest being a little beyond Chico. Looks like Sierra Nevada has a couple chargers, but not very many in Chico.

Have a safe drive.

@Hazelwood thanks!! I always forget to sign up for the Wildflower... but I'm doing a 30 mile benefit ride for Sjogen's research next month. And yeah not many chargers in Chico...

But yeah going to be a fun trip + nice chance to try out the new car on a longer drive right out of the gate, without driving pointlessly around town :) Will likely be stopping in Roseville to use the SC, get dinner, and shop at Whole Foods (as it's the closest one to me).

@Hazelwood thanks!! I always forget to sign up for the Wildflower... but I'm doing a 30 mile benefit ride for Sjogen's research next month. And yeah not many chargers in Chico...

But yeah going to be a fun trip + nice chance to try out the new car on a longer drive right out of the gate, without driving pointlessly around town :) Will likely be stopping in Roseville to use the SC, get dinner, and shop at Whole Foods (as it's the closest one to me).
Write up a review of your experiences if you get time. The more detailed you are about the delivery, car, and ride...the more I have to read while I wait to bein production! Don't forget about us waiters lol

Reactions: javawolfpack
Write up a review of your experiences if you get time. The more detailed you are about the delivery, car, and ride...the more I have to read while I wait to bein production! Don't forget about us waiters lol

Will do!! Just biked to get my old car from the rental office, was almost 100F :( Made for a less than fun bike ride... but now all ready to go for tomorrow and won't have to worry about my old car in the interim.

Reactions: Buddy
And for a third time today they have updated my expected delivery...

It apparently is done with production and in transit.

It's crazy, i literally spoke to my DS yesterday and he said most likely 2nd week of September, and now its moved all the way up in the My Tesla portal to 8/21-8/29.

Pretty sure someone is just playing a cruel joke on me right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 8.26.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 8.26.27 PM.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Funny
Reactions: fallen888