Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works, the target is narrow and partially blocked from view. It doesn't have to be. It's an LCD screen so they can program it to look however they want. This is a software wishlist thread, that's my request. Make it suck less.
I rarely even use the slide for gear selection. I buckle up step on the brake and it goes into gear depending on my location. Only time I use the screen selector is if I decide to pull through a parking spot instead of backing out. Also what is blocking the view? The yoke doesn't seem to block anything on either screen. Just curious.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I would like to see a navigation/map feature where you can discover approximately where you will be at given time... e.g. on a journey you need to stop to take a meeting or other activity, where you will need to stop at a specific time. I often drive about 300 miles in the late afternoon but stop to participate in meetings at a certain time. I usually have to search for a safe place to park first several minute before. Even with markers on the map with estimated time stamps would be helpful. 15, 30 or 60 minute time stamps on the map would help. What I do now is take a guess, and add a stop to the route and see what the ETA is. it usually take a couple of stabs to get it.
They just implemented that on the latest update.14.7

Reactions: TBrownTX
I rarely even use the slide for gear selection. I buckle up step on the brake and it goes into gear depending on my location. Only time I use the screen selector is if I decide to pull through a parking spot instead of backing out. Also what is blocking the view? The yoke doesn't seem to block anything on either screen. Just curious.
I turned off the auto-gear selection. Doesn't always work well.

The right side of the round steering wheel blocks the bottom half of the left side of the center screen. Not that much of it but the reverse section of the screen.

My main point is while parked, they can easily move the gear selection over an inch and double its width. Make it easier to swipe quickly.