Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: No confirmation NoA this week?

Will the 3/15 release include full NoA (no confirmations required?)

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 80.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then with your argument they should completely remove FSD from everywhere on their web site and sales and descriptions and revert back to EAP or drivers assistance as the label. By no means is “Keep you hands on the wheel” FSD.

This is exactly what they should do, ethically speaking. But they are a business, and being ethical in this case might bankrupt them. They have no choice but to claim that they never sold what they sold and hope the lawsuits don't hurt them too badly.

So, does anyone have a screenshot of the full original description of EAP? Another brewing controversy is when people who bought FSD get HW3 and all of the common features (those that are a part of the old EAP and the new FSD) work better on the HW3 cars. I’d be interested in seeing what the actual full description of EAP was when they first rolled it out.

So, does anyone have a screenshot of the full original description of EAP? Another brewing controversy is when people who bought FSD get HW3 and all of the common features (those that are a part of the old EAP and the new FSD) work better on the HW3 cars. I’d be interested in seeing what the actual full description of EAP was when they first rolled it out.

Post #28 shows the original EAP description

Look. The people who still take Musk’s tweets seriously are one of two classes of people:

1) Those who haven’t followed him long enough (closely enough).
2) Those who have but whose PTSD (Post Tesla Stress Disorder) has made them forget.

Many people simply don’t remember how much Tesla started missing their promises already in 2014-2016 because they were still under the spell back then. The lighted vanity mirrors retrofit is a miss from 2012!

Looking at Tesla’s word realistically comes with time.

Last edited:
Thanks! Don't know how I missed that. So, I'm doubling down on my prediction that the features originally promised for EAP will not work properly without a hardware upgrade. Tesla won't give us the upgrade, so EAP will essentially just become Expensive Autopilot.

By "hardware upgrade" do you mean HW3? Because I think the features originally promised for EAP won't work properly even with HW3. They don't have an adequate sensor suite. HW3 will help make it more responsive and accurate, but fundamentally the sensor suite is the problem. And then there's what they originally promised for FSD, which is even more of a stretch.

That said, I believe that what they're currently promising for FSD can probably -- or at least maybe -- be delivered on HW2.x. That says more about what they're currently promising than about the HW2 capabilities.

By "hardware upgrade" do you mean HW3? Because I think the features originally promised for EAP won't work properly even with HW3. They don't have an adequate sensor suite. HW3 will help make it more responsive and accurate, but fundamentally the sensor suite is the problem. And then there's what they originally promised for FSD, which is even more of a stretch.

That said, I believe that what they're currently promising for FSD can probably -- or at least maybe -- be delivered on HW2.x. That says more about what they're currently promising than about the HW2 capabilities.

Ha! At this point, I'd probably be happy to get on my AP2.5 P3 what Elon originally promised for AP 1 in 2014. I'd pay $2000 just to get the freaking nags removed. Anyone remember "hands free on ramp to offramp"? Still waiting on that.