Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question related to constant media bashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
obviously never tested it, but have experience several AP disengagements ( if i fail to response to nags ) forcing me to actually stop to be able to reengage.
Im curious what triggers the process of hazards on and slowing down
Is it the emergency line keep that ( if not reacted to) starts the procedure?

The nag count limit tries to circumvent issues like this where reportedly 150 nags were given to the driver to no avail. Of course nags can't test blood alcohol level or driver judgement. I think the lawsuit from that crash has been hitting the media of late.

The nag count limit tries to circumvent issues like this where reportedly 150 nags were given to the driver to no avail. Of course nags can't test blood alcohol level or driver judgement. I think the lawsuit from that crash has been hitting the media of late.

I want to point out that this video was pretty dumb in a couple places.

It represents a version of software that no longer exists, and really makes no attempt to discuss what current Tesla capabilities are, etc. (I think there's some mention of cabin camera monitoring if I recall, but no actual discussion of how it works. It shows someone taping over the camera, for example, suggesting that that would work, lol.)

I mean, I'm sure the current system still sucks, and I would definitely not expect it to stop for stopped traffic. But I've seen it slow down for emergency vehicles on the opposite side of a k-rail/Jersey barrier in recent times (incorrectly). Maybe it would do better in this situation now? (Might still run into the stopped vehicles though.)

Anyway the lawsuit may have some merit, since it doesn't matter what is the capability now (we'll see if in the end the driver is held responsible). But I still am not sure what the point was of the piece except to point out the existence of the lawsuit.

I just think it's kind of a poor bit of investigative journalism if they can't state what are the capabilities (and limitations) of the current system. That seems relevant.