Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yum Brands(pizza hut, taco bell, kfc) will redirect profits to humanitarian air

I see what you did there:

Humanitarian Air.jpg

New air campaign: "Hot Pizza, on-time, on-target. Yum." :p

Cheers!

P.S. I see that @SwedishAdvocate recognizes a Eurofighter Typhoon

Last edited:
In late 2013/2014 the Ukrainians overthrew the corrupt Russian puppet (Yanukovich), which took until 21-Feb-2014. As Yanukovich was being forced out he invited his puppetmaster (Putin's Russia) into the Crimea and Donbass areas.

The Ukrainians did try to resist the incursions by the Russians but after the depradations of the Yanukovich period were in no condition to resist. Hence the loss of Crimea and the Donbass. There was very little genuine local support in Crimea and the Donbass, it was pretty much all a front for Russia. It still is.

Interesting note that "Ukrainian intelligence sources believed that Yanukovych was currently in Minsk, Belarus and that it was Russia's intention to declare Yanukovych as President of Ukraine in the event of Russian forces gaining control of Kyiv."

Voldemort was half muggle. Adolph Eichmann had jewish relatives. Those of you who keep trying to refute Ukrainian racism and its recent genocidal past based on one Jew they do not vilify (for the most part, anyway) live in a fantasy world.

Russia should be stopped. As for Ukraine -- I'd say the same for Chechnya or Uganda.

The third corollary to Godwin's Law states: "as an online discussion about the Nazis grows longer, the probability of a comparison to Voldemort approaches 1."

Obviously Russian oil/gas embargo is not good for the world economy and may cause a recession. World should tell Russia that the oil/gas embargo ends when you leave Ukraine, and agree that X% of future sales goes toward war reparations.
Meh, I feel like it's just a reroute. China/India buys more Russian oil and reduce opec oil. EU now buys more from opec. China gets a 35% discount and most likely pays in yuan and not dollars as beggers can't be choosers.

McDonald's has finally acted. Interesting they likely announced this right as Putin was making his big isolation announcement.

Potentially no McDonald's in Russia ever again. Now THAT'S aggressive geopolitics!

I think this is mostly propaganda. Good to boost morale of Ukraines and let them know they are not alone. The truth is that few will speak a local language, fewer still will read a local language. Fewer still will understand the command and control structure. They have to be fed and clothed.
Agree there is a big propaganda element, and there will be integration challenges, but the Ukrainians have had mercenaries for years (could not find a report last year from Indian News channel in English).

Most Europeans speak 2 languages, many can speak 3, communication may not be that difficult.