Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here... European Auto Titans Charge Up Race Vs. Tesla

At first, I thought Daimler drone van idea as laughable. But on second thought, it's kind of cool.

Among its business initiatives is the Mercedes-Benz Vans division's "Vision Van," a last-mile, delivery-focused electric vehicle that features fully automated cargo space and drones that can allow the driver to make a spray of autonomous deliveries with each pit stop.

Thinking outside the box.

Great! Thanks!

Given that I believe that they will either hit this or be very close do you think that they could do this without being at least close to 24-25k deliveries?

Hard to say without having all the numbers, but I believe that Q3 finances will be highly optimized both on the revenue and spend sides, so maximizing deliveries is an absolutely necessary (but not sufficient) step to get to the profitability and positive cash flow.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchJi
The same way other car manufacturers build new factories - shop around for generous incentive and subsidized loan packages that states throw at them in the name of jobs?
Consider the number of jobs for humans along with the "Alien Dreadnaught" concept of lots of automation.
(There were Science Fiction stories written about this in the 1940's and 50's)(some with some autofactories poaching finished goods from other autofactories)
High techjobs for folks with lots of education? the present speed with which "knowlege workers" are already being replaced by AI and software.
I love Tesla though, and SpaceX even more
(hope this is not too OT but relevant to future gazing, even if not short term)

Well, most of us lost money or lost the chance to lock our earnings because of the epic squeeze belief when the stock price at +- $229. So stopping talking that and be more realistic.
I think even Q3 are good (24000 delivery), TSLA will be at roughly $245. We won't see a break through until M3 ramp.
Well your point is well taken
Okay I'll temper my expectations

Reactions: madodel and Drivin
Did Tesla send out 2 emails or one email? Some of the comments on here make it sound like there were two. Can someone show me where Tesla said Tesla expects to produce at least 100k-300k Model 3 in 2017?

Elon said targeting 100k-200k Model 3 in 2017 on a previous quarterly call (Q1?). My understanding is that there was only 1 email on the subject you are referring to.

Edit: Found the quote. http://seekingalpha.com/article/397...musk-q1-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript

Elon Musk Q1 Transcript said:
So as a rough guess, I would say we would aim to produce 100,000 to 200,000 Model 3s in the second half of next year. That's my expectation right now. Yeah, so that's the thing.

Geez the difference between the merger value of SCTY ($203 * .11 = $22.33) and the actual price of SCTY ($18.20) is getting huge. That's 23% upside if the merger goes through.

A gap this big really suggests the big market players know something us small timers don't.

This is nothing more than selling pressure caused by more selling pressure, and a lack of new information, not to mention thousands of BS articles written by people who are making a lot of assumptions. The selling pressure is also being caused by a lack of new large buyers due to big investors playing the waiting game.

Elon should buy $100- $200 million in stock at the current price. This would shut up the naysayers.

Geez the difference between the merger value of SCTY ($203 * .11 = $22.33) and the actual price of SCTY ($18.20) is getting huge. That's 23% upside if the merger goes through.
A gap this big really suggests the big market players know something us small timers don't.

Could it be that some shorts hope to derail the merger by pushing down the SP, thus upsetting TSLA shareholders ?
I would agree that the SP could make a big drop the should TSLA shareholders vote against.
Seems a risky bet to me.

Reactions: neroden and Papafox
Status
Not open for further replies.