Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, his biography informs the reader about some of the stuff that is swirling in his brain at any point in time.

I don't care about Mars either and have no interest going there. If Rocketman wants to think crazy stuff, it's not for me to say he can't because the crazy stuff like Electric cars faster than a Ferrari, low latency internet via thousands of low earth orbit satellites and reusable rockets that land at sea on drone ships is now real.

I understand he is leveraging planet earth for planet mars but the stuff he is putting on planet earth is actually beneficial

Yes, and that may well be his usual modus operandi - see X(FKAT). The "rehire" of #2 top dog at Supercharging is interesting. Some suggest he never departed... In any case, the point is that supercharging never collapsed, and is consistent with his public comments. The roll out continues....

I am team EM....but also have $250k invested around IPO in $TSLA....

Just keeping it real though...

Because there is a right way and wrong way to go about things.
There is only what YOU BELIEVE is right and wrong - each person can have very different view.
Treating people and suppliers like disposable trash … and should not be condoned.
Don’t think anyone said it should be - but unless you were an actual employee impacted how do you know if your statement is true?
Many others companies treat their staff poorly - just not so openly.

Anyway, staying too far OT.

On PlugShare - i agree data is not good

Nothing is right or wrong. Only thinking makes it so.
Turns out it was never a 100% lay-off anyhow. I'm hearing it was closer to 80%.

So people were going out of their minds on completely wrong information.

I know the response will be that Tesla should have given out all their internal company information and disclosed all their deals in the works yada yada yada. That's not how it works in the real world.

Turns out it was never a 100% lay-off anyhow. I'm hearing it was closer to 80%.

So people were going out of their minds on completely wrong information.

I know the response will be that Tesla should have given out all their internal company information and disclosed all their deals in the works yada yada yada. That's not how it works in the real world.
To be fair, it was always Tesla employees spreading that ;)

Just one example

James Leverette on LinkedIn: Today, the Supercharger organization was unexpectedly eliminated at Tesla.… | 31 comments

Today, the Supercharger organization was unexpectedly eliminated at Tesla.

I'm so thankful for my time at Tesla and all of the hands-on, real world experience I obtained designing and building charging infrastructure at scale.
(eliminated usually means 100%, not 80%)
eliminate:
completely remove or get rid of (something).
"a policy that would eliminate inflation"

As mentioned, this is a Tesla employee that got fired, not merely a 'rumour'. First hand from someone directly affected.
Always provide your sources ;-)
A random former employee is not an official company statement it's a rumour. You have no idea what their access to information was nor their motivation in making the claim.

I'll take information coming from CURRENT senior supercharging team members known to communities in multiple countries who state that they were never fired and that it was never 100%.

Reactions: elddum and Quickst
A random former employee is not an official company statement it's a rumour. You have no idea what their access to information was nor their motivation in making the claim.

I'll take information coming from CURRENT senior supercharging team members known to communities in multiple countries who state that they were never fired and that it was never 100%.
I mean, if your manager was fired at the same time as you, as well as all of your team members, and your manager's manager... one would certainly see they've been 'eliminated'.

And based on all the farewell / thanks comments on LinkedIn, it would be an incredibly elaborate scheme creating many fake LinkedIn profiles of fake employees to spread 'rumours'.

Can the mods please rename this “The bickering thread”? 🤣
Isn't that Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

Hopefully there are some Australian Supercharger team members who have accepted the offer to come back and then this thread can be back on track ;-)

Last edited:
Can the mods please rename this “The bickering thread”? 🤣
Sorry I'll leave it go at that.

To bring back on topic, it seems clear that the reports were wrong and we still have a team who are still making progress in several countries.

Hopefully we'll see more here soon as I'm aware of at least two senior positions in the team managing Australian deployments weren't fired along with a number of more junior employees.

The behind the scenes retention of some Supercharging team is consistent with RocketMan's subsequent statement
So it was a tactical Nuke and not "MAD".

The truth about what happened will eventually come out.
It is becoming a little clearer and I suspect that Rocketman thought the SC team was too big for the position that Tesla is in currently and moving forward. So he fired a lot of the team - how many who knows, how many he didn't fire who knows, and how may he fired but rehired who knows either.

Whats the right way to go about it?. Who knows but if you think you need to terminate the employment of a lot of people, there is no good way and there is no right or wrong way. Just announce it is what he did. I don't see anything wrong with it. Ruthless? yes, but that does not mean it was not good or bad for that matter. It sure is a lot better than a company which goes into administration overnight and the employees finding out in the morning they lost their jobs.

I still maintain it is better other EV manufacturers contribute to the building out of the DCFC network. It is always better if one DCFC provider does not dominate the landscape.

Last edited:
The truth about what happened will eventually come out.

The inside story of Elon Musk’s mass firings of Tesla Supercharger staff - Reuters, 16th May

Sounds like Musk was not impressed by Charging Chief Rebecca Tinucci response when we wanted more job cuts. Obviously "undermine charging-business fundamentals" was not the right response.

'Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci’s presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.'

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gazpachopolice
The inside story of Elon Musk’s mass firings of Tesla Supercharger staff - Reuters, 16th May

Sounds like Musk was not impressed by Charging Chief Rebecca Tinucci response when we wanted more job cuts. Obviously "undermine charging-business fundamentals" was not the right response.

'Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci’s presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.'
Reuters is the least credible source you could possibly find, however I suspect part of that story is correct as has been hypothesised here.

… a universal humanist principle, hence can be considered the “right” way…
While I would love to debate a “universal humanist principle”, and its place in the values of all people on earth… as others have shared we are way off topic now… and I respect the right for each of us to have our own views on that matter.

I would love to see Tesla still progressing the development of key Superchargers (eg the supposed planned 15 stalls at Marulan). However, if the market is to develop more needs to be done to drive (force?) other manufacturers to similarly invest (either directly or indirectly) to build out the infrastructure at a pace with EV market growth. Relying on government subsidy programs for long term market outcomes has never proven successful IMHO.

Reactions: Jules22