Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a Buick Roadmaster new in 1992 and kept it until I got my Model S in 2016. It was a great car. Very reliable. My mechanic wanted to buy it from me, but unfortunately the car outlasted him. He died of a heart attack about 2 years before I was ready to sell the car.

When I got my Model S, people were talking about how much bigger it was than other cars they had driven. The wheel base is the same between the Roadmaster and Model S. The width is the same too. The only difference was the Roadmaster was somewhat longer. So I have a bit more room in the garage.

I though it would be cool to take the skateboard from a Model S and drop the chassis from the Roadmaster on it. I don't have the skill or the tools to do it though. I liked the Roadmaster interior better.

Look for the Plaidessey from the Boostedboiz:

You can live vicariously through their lives, as they dropped a minivan shell on top of a model S Plaid "underbody".

Look for the Plaidessey from the Boostedboiz:

You can live vicariously through their lives, as they dropped a minivan shell on top of a model S Plaid "underbody".

That looks just like my partner's ex's Honda Odyssey! It really looks that trashed. He took everything out of the back and uses it as a panel van. He's very hard on cars, but he hasn't managed to kill the Odyssey.

1717005161098.png

Many other automakers are up while Tesla is down. Some of this is due to growth, such as Rivian which was just starting production a year ago. But I also wonder if some of this is due to Elon Musk. I do know people who like Tesla cars, but won't buy one because of Elon and his craziness the last couple of years.

I've been of the opinion for a while that Tesla needs a new, much less controversial CEO.

Yeah this is pretty remarkable and assuming the data is accurate, it's presented very well.

Tesla sold more than every other make on the list combined - but we knew that. What's interesting is that back in early 2023, struggling imports like Hyundai and Ford were dealt a death blow with the tax credit while Tesla was building gigafactories in every corner of the world to try to meet endless demand.

Then Elon...

Now Tesla is suddenly reducing their workforce to match their declining sales - despite having the best cars in their class. And underdogs like Mercedes, who should be going bankrupt right now due to their pathetic failure to transition to EVs, are actually seeing sales of their ugly cars double simply because so few people can make the moral justification for an Elonmobile.