Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wifi in the car keeps disconnecting from my home wifi, and a couple of times early this morning when i got back home it was prompting for the wifi password, seemingly unable to connect. Then it comes good again after i re-enter the password.
Was doing the same for home wifi and hotspotted phones and everything else on those networks has been solid as.

Might need to put in a service request for connectivity issues

v2024.8.9

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
So I got the upgrade from 2024.8.9 to 2024.14.3 yesterday. The new visuals and UI looks great. Driving in the evening the matrix adaptive high beam was a strange experience. I can see how it dims the pixels that otherwise would reflect back off larger signs and such. I have no idea how much or little it blinds other drivers. Yesterday pretty much everything was working great that I had to use. No rain so no idea on wipers.
The speed cameras still do not show up on Gold Coast. (only place my car has ever shown any speed cameras has been when I have driven through Brisbane and it shows less than 10% of the permanent cameras even there)
This morning however Spotify refused to launch. I tried swapping between different sources, but Spotify will not load. So I rebooted the car. Still does not load. Rebooted again without any more luck. When I retry launching it I get this small font at the bottom left of the screen showing "Loading failed". If it does not sort itself out over the weekend, I will submit a service call.
My walk away sound on car is the drum splash and that sound has not got any louder as far as I can tell.

I like that gear change is a lot shorter. It didn’t need to be whole side of the screen. As I’m an impatient SoB, I’d often feck it up - I give this change a 27 out of 5 👍
Yeah i had my first missed gear swipe this morning after reversing out of a carpark, i was half asleep and didnt wait for the bong sound, some impatient prat had driven right up behind me and they beeped when i kept coming backwards hahaha. People just need to chill, dont they know i dont have stalks or a gear lever to work with here.... hahah

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
Here we go here we go here we go

IMG_0340.jpeg

so the only thing i changed, and this might be coincidence, was i removed my raspi0 drive and put the stock tesla USB back in. I had to format the USB drive and them BAM! down comes the update.

I wonder if the updating process uses the USB drive as storage to download and unpack the updates? And it looks for something in perticular on it, or filesystem type.. some hidden file that gets created when you use the UI to format the drive perhaps?

Or could be coincidence..

Reactions: elddum
Am I correct to understand that if the car were to check for updates itself it is not limited to once every 24 hours (as opposed to if you check it manually)?

Does the car need to be connected to wifi for it to check for updates automatically?

Am I correct to understand that if the car were to check for updates itself it is not limited to once every 24 hours (as opposed to if you check it manually)?

Does the car need to be connected to wifi for it to check for updates automatically?
I think the app/car checks for updates by itself, but might only let you update when connected via wifi.

So you should get the push notification i showed above whenever the update is ready for your car.

If you can answer this question, you have all 5 rings and can proceed to the next level.

Reactions: Futuretech