Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting development this evening.

Repo market for 10Y traded at record low of -4%, below fails charge, indicating that the 10Y is massively shorted this week and extremely difficult to cover.

Powell may announce an extension of the Supplementary Leverage Ratio easement tomorrow, which could trigger a short squeeze. This means Treasury yields could come down and growth stocks like TSLA could rebound.
Source?

Ron Baron on CNBC tomorrow morning...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.01.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.01.01 PM.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 73

Repo market for 10Y traded at record low of -4%, below fails charge, indicating that the 10Y is massively shorted this week and extremely difficult to cover.

Powell may announce an extension of the Supplementary Leverage Ratio easement tomorrow, which could trigger a short squeeze. This means Treasury yields could come down and growth stocks like TSLA could rebound.
LoL, so the shortz can't take out Tsla, they found the next best thing. It's pretty brilliant. Lol.

I had hoped that S&P inclusion would do something about this volatility, but the reality is that now instead of sharp spikes up and down we get these long slow bleeds instead. I would rather just hemorrhage quickly and get my death over with rather than slowly bleeding out like this.

I should just sell some short term calls for bupkis premium just because I'm so bored of watching red numbers and portfolio value deflating.

I had hoped that S&P inclusion would do something about this volatility, but the reality is that now instead of sharp spikes up and down we get these long slow bleeds instead. I would rather just hemorrhage quickly and get my death over with rather than slowly bleeding out like this.

I should just sell some short term calls for bupkis premium just because I'm so bored of watching red numbers and portfolio value deflating.
We always had long slow bleeds. Happened after knock out earnings...battery day..pretty much ever catalyst in Tesla's history..lol.

Historic Repo Market Insanity: 10Y Treasury Trades At -4% In Repo Ahead Of Monster Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge

Historic Repo Market Insanity: 10Y Treasury Trades At -4% In Repo Ahead Of Monster Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge (Mar 3, 2021)

"What does that mean in English?

"Finally, what happens if we are right and Powell does assure the market that SLR will be extended? (see Ed. Note) Well, since all of the pent up uncertainty about whether or not bank balance sheets will be usable after March 31 will disappear, what will happen is a monster short squeeze as all those shorts that pushed the 10Y to -4% in repo panic and scramble to cover, sparking a massive surge higher in prices (and plunge in yields), and since there will be immediate follow through to stocks where concerns about rising yields just sent risk assets plunging, we expect a monster move higher in stocks tomorrow.
Ed. Note: Federal Reserve Temporarily Removes Treasuries and Reserves from Supplementary Leverage Ratio | Apr 1, 2020 (SLR temporary Covid relief measure announced last yr was set to expire Mar 31, 2021)

"In fact, judging by the freefall in futures, we wouldn't be surprise if the Fed announces that the SLR exemption will be granted at the usual pre-market time of 8:30am.

"In any case, stay tuned because there will be fireworks - most likely to the upside - but if for some reason Powell refuses to unclog the repo market, there will be blood"

Historic Repo Market Insanity: 10Y Treasury Trades At -4% In Repo Ahead Of Monster Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge (Mar 3, 2021)

"What does that mean in English?

"Finally, what happens if we are right and Powell does assure the market that SLR will be extended? (see Ed. Note) Well, since all of the pent up uncertainty about whether or not bank balance sheets will be usable after March 31 will disappear, what will happen is a monster short squeeze as all those shorts that pushed the 10Y to -4% in repo panic and scramble to cover, sparking a massive surge higher in prices (and plunge in yields), and since there will be immediate follow through to stocks where concerns about rising yields just sent risk assets plunging, we expect a monster move higher in stocks tomorrow.
Ed. Note: Federal Reserve Temporarily Removes Treasuries and Reserves from Supplementary Leverage Ratio | Apr 1, 2020 (SLR temporary Covid relief measure announced last yr was set to expire Mar 31, 2021)

"In fact, judging by the freefall in futures, we wouldn't be surprise if the Fed announces that the SLR exemption will be granted at the usual pre-market time of 8:30am.

"In any case, stay tuned because there will be fireworks - most likely to the upside - but if for some reason Powell refuses to unclog the repo market, there will be blood"

I try to make an effort to never believe anything in zero hedge. This would be nice if it were true though

Texas power grid operator ERCOT fires CEO after deadly blackouts | Reuters (2:32am EST)

"Texas' power grid operator ousted chief executive Bill Magness on Wednesday, as the fallout continues from a deadly blackout last month that left residents without heat, power or water for days."​

I'm more interested in solutions than blame, starting with declassifying energy storage as generation. This was always a protectionist measure for grid operators, and has little place in a free-market.

Texas power grid operator ERCOT fires CEO after deadly blackouts | Reuters (2:32am EST)

"Texas' power grid operator ousted chief executive Bill Magness on Wednesday, as the fallout continues from a deadly blackout last month that left residents without heat, power or water for days."​

I'm more interested in solutions than blame, starting with declassifying energy storage as generation. This was always a protectionist measure for grid operators, and has little place in a free-market.
Imagine thinking markets in America are free...