Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm selling my P3D- (have a buyer and a couple backups) and will be investing another 40k in TSLA. Am I crazy? :D Someone give me some feedback. Hardly anyone I know IRL 'gets' Tesla.
Normally I'd prefer others to support Tesla buy buying their PRODUCTS instead of their stock, but in this production limited environment, it's harder to argue against what you're doing.

Is there any particular reason why Tesla CN local sales look down? Is this just prioritizing exports to the more lucrative EU market? Perhaps as a way to goose demand (Teslas sell other Teslas) prior to Berlin coming online?

Side note. Just drove to the bank in my Model 3 while wearing my SpaceX hat to wire some of my TSLA options gains in to buy more SpaceX shares. Can't wait for the Tesla Powerwall in my garage to get hooked up. Ecosystem achievement unlocked.
I'm selling my P3D- (have a buyer and a couple backups) and will be investing another 40k in TSLA. Am I crazy? :D Someone give me some feedback. Hardly anyone I know IRL 'gets' Tesla.

You could take out a loan and keep the car as "collateral" in your head. Not dissimilar to financing and just keeping your cash to invest.

Warren rants about recent Tesla FUD and shares some research, as well as mentions his "Daily Lie" (sign in) page linked in the video's description.

This helps reinforce how media bias propagating out to potential buyers of TSLA likely results in casual investors looking elsewhere to put their money.

This also reinforces how what Tesla is doing is disruptive to a lot of those in positions of media influence, which is, of course,

BULLISH_A_F

Advertising is the lifeblood of the media. Automakers, dealerships and oil companies heavily advertise. Tesla does not pay for any advertising. Elon says car advertising is phony. Nevertheless, money talks. So Tesla is fair game for negative articles, which assist advertisers.

Meanwhile in this internet age, headline writers have learned that the word Tesla is click-bait. This implies public interest in Tesla cars and stock shares. So despite the negative media bias, it seems that every day more and more people want to know more about Tesla.

Ultimately, the click-bait articles amount to free advertising for Tesla cars. As you note, the negative articles may turn off some potential shareholders. But they'll just be missing out when actual production and performance eventually trump the negative articles, resulting in higher share prices for those of us who continue to hold shares.

Net net: more TSLA shares in good hands, same number of Tesla cars on the road (since Teslas are back ordered) - so a positive for Tesla and the mission.
Which reminds me I really need to get going selling my beloved '08 Benz CLK, before my Model Y lands.

Tesmanian - 20 minutes ago: Tesla to Create Team Focused on Energy Trading & Market Operations

Excerpt:

Julian Lamy, Leading Energy Trading and Market Operations at Tesla, announced via Linkedin that the company is creating a new team focused on energy trading and market operations. He described that the team will manage the performance of Tesla's global battery fleet and all of its renewable projects. In addition, they will build expertise in the wholesale energy markets and support the development of Autobidder, Tesla's automated energy trading platform.

Net net: more TSLA shares in good hands, same number of Tesla cars on the road (since Teslas are back ordered) - so a positive for Tesla and the mission.
Which reminds me I really need to get going selling my beloved '08 Benz CLK, before my Model Y lands.
Will you be changing your user name to MYL326?

Normally I'd prefer others to support Tesla buy buying their PRODUCTS instead of their stock, but in this production limited environment, it's harder to argue against what you're doing.

Yeah values are high, I'm not driving it nearly enough, got a backup Model 3, and I will buy a new Tesla later if I need to but I'll finance and keep the cash invested. Seems to be a better use of the money than an under-utilized but gorgeous P3D- in my garage.

Thanks. Yes good for everyone, and someone who can better utilize the car can drive it while my cash works for me. When I need another car it'll definitely be another Tesla!

Reactions: CLK350 and capster
Stop. Is it gonna be hammer time?
1631129504914.png