Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I do hope Tesla has had a team working on the S/X refresh to restore it as the technology flagship of the fleet.

Okay, I'll bite. The refreSh (when it comes) will include the following:
  • 2170 format 'Maxcell' pack with minimum 130 kwh, later > 200 kwh
  • 300 mile range charging in < 15 min
  • dual rear motors based on Roadster / SRPM driveline
  • top speed > 180 mph / 300 kmh
  • Quarter mile in < 10 sec @ 145 mph in 'Plaid' model
  • Bonus feature: "FSD track mode":
    • enabled for geofenced + approved tracks
    • Cams watch 'Christmas Tree' lights for countdown
    • cuts the green light with < 50 ms reaction time
    • self-drives complete race including collision avoidance
    • interior camera monitors passengers for safety
    • auto-return to pit lane parking
    • basically its an electric rollercoaster ride
The bad news? Don't expect this major engineereing redesign until after Semi/Roadster/Pickup are all in production. It reuses their tech, and those programs are higher priority for Tesla's long term interests. Best guess is not before 2022. By then, there MIGHT be a competetor for the 2012 Model S, but that's not certain either.

Cheers!

P.S. Everybody's whining about Model S demand in Q1, but nobody's talking about Mercedes S Class or BMW 7 sales. How's dat competetion?

Last edited:
possibly invalidating the settlement.
If it gets invalidated, does it mean Elon & Tesla get their $40 mil fine back? :)

One item missed by this excellent reporter

982F9368-0508-442E-88B3-EE8BC521A949.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there any reason why material information cannot be disseminated on Twitter - was this something that was shown to be a no-no, or, as alluded earlier in the thread, was it more the mechanism of informing Nasdaq of such an announcement that was the pain-point.

I'm wondering what other high-profile CEO's may have tweeted anything of the same magnitude and nobody cared because a pile of shorts didn't complain about it.

Trees falling in forests with no-one listening, etc...

In any case, the dumbass settlement either needs to be torn-up, as SEC have no rights to tell Elon what to say, or reworded to avoid them coming after him again for nothing.

As a bull, the current setup is good. I don't have to look over my shoulder wondering if anoyher pedo or 420 tweet is coming.

Basically, anything that stops a tweet from moving the stock price by 5% or more. What the SEC did is counter to the intents of the settoement. What was supposed to be ebforcement that calms became enforcements that ended up causing the same thing. Someone at sec got scorned and is out for revenge. And is on a powertrip that think they can do no wrong because "mah government". Funded by tax payers who are tesla stock holders. Of which, I am one, even though I am not american. I still pay all the sec fees and 25% witholding taxes.

non-rhetorical question: what's in it for Elon / Tesla to agree to *anything* at this point if the SEC can't win their contempt case?

I suspect Elon's and Tesla's motivation is to get the SEC off their back, and the broad interpretation of the settlement contract by the SEC was basically extrajudicial punishment the SEC could inflict on Tesla shareholders anytime they decided to file for contempt...

If they can de-fang that SEC tool of Soviet Justice then I think they'll agree to a reasonable interpretation of the settlement.

BMW USA
2018 Q1
7 Series 2,000
6 Series 1,030
X5...........12,076
X6............2,019
Total........17,125

2019 Q1
7 Series 2293
6 Series 625
X5.........11,912
X6.........2,100
Total......16,930

BMW Sales | GCBC

Do you have a summary for the 2-series, 3-series, 4-series and 5-series sales too perhaps?

Especially BMW 3-series NA sales appear to have collapsed in Q1, compared to Q1'2018: down from 13,651 units to 8,225 - a ~40% drop.

Last edited:

SECQ ;)

Helpful Labor policy because it gets people talking about EVs. Useless Labor policy because market forces will drive well beyond 50% much sooner.

Incentives dramatically accelerate transitions, regardless of whether the transitions are going to happen "eventually":

Maybe we could start a little movement going to get much more bang from that "best advertisement buck." Just as Uber and Lyft drivers have stickers or little placards on their cars reading "Uber" or "Lyft" What if Tesla owners put up little signs in car windows for the rest of us to see on the road that read something like "RealS3XY.com" and maybe a "Heart My Tesla" image of a red heart.

That's not a bad idea. It would be quite the disconnect for people, to hear from people like Linette that Teslas are terrible, and yet seeing owners everywhere doing things that show love to their cars. Any simple gesture.

Quasi. No physically adjusted vents, but using intersecting planes of air to control direction and power of it.

Has nothing to do with the Superbottle.

BTW, my favourite part of that story was that this sort of "two vent control" wasn't the original plan. They were initially planning to just angle the top stream, but the development kept getting plagued by the flow sticking to the dash. Until someone came up with the bright idea, "Hey, wait, we can use this..."

All they need to do is sell them on Amazon, then they'll pop-up on EVERY F***** WEBSITE I VISIT!!! :mad:

Alibaba is really bad about this for some sites I visit. You check out industrial prices of bulk chemicals once and you're getting ads for those chemicals for ages ;) Alumium powder and beryllium ore in particular were popping up in ads for months.

non-rhetorical question: what's in it for Elon / Tesla to agree to *anything* at this point if the SEC can't win their contempt case?

Not going back to a 420 lawsuit?

Neither side want that legal battle. The SEC doesn't want it draining their resources for years, for a case they're not positive they can win. Elon wants to be vindicated, but doesn't want the damage such a drawn-out case would do to Tesla. Both sides want a settlement. They'll clarify anything they can agree on, and they'll probably end up handing a list of things they don't agree on over to Judge Nathan to decide.

Last edited:
Consumer Reports May 2019 issue includes a list of donors, many over $100,000! This is an opportunity for the better communicators among us to contact donors directly letting them know that their donations might not be put to such great use as they think.

The issue also includes robocalls... Way OT - IMHO if I was in the telemarketing business, I'd worry that the public will figure out that the more time you waste with the actual call bank people, the less money they'll make. A friend of mine always stays on the line and messes with them quite effectively.

Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter

Here you go. Reported the miserable man. How anyone respects this guy is beyond me.

It's not exactly news that Spiegel is horribly misogynist, and often gets likes for his misogyny from other TSLAQ members. He does this a lot. Women are just sex objects to him. I remember a post a while back complaining about a fancy restaurant he went to because the women there weren't hot enough.

It's not exactly news that Spiegel is horribly misogynist, and often gets likes for his misogyny from other TSLAQ members. He does this a lot. Women are just sex objects to him. I remember a post a while back complaining about a fancy restaurant he went to because the women there weren't hot enough.

BTW., note that not just the implicit and explicit misogyny, but the "activist judge" language is also a favorite phrase of U.S. right-wing politics and ideology.

A tiny bit of local Zeebrugge news: Tesla voert leveringen op in Zeebrugge

Apparently Elon decided to skip charging, cleaning and installing accessories in Zeebrugge in order to get the cars delivered in Q1.
Which explains why my car was fairly dirty and only half charged on delivery.
Going forward, these tasks will be performed in Zeebrugge, as the operations revert to a normal steady state.
The article also mentions that the Germans should become nervous, as the market share of Model 3 in Q1 in the midsize premium sedan was 31% versus 29% for Mercedes C class, 14% for Audi A4 and 13% for BMW 3- class.

A tiny bit of local Zeebrugge news: Tesla voert leveringen op in Zeebrugge

Apparently Elon decided to skip charging, cleaning and installing accessories in Zeebrugge in order to get the cars delivered in Q1.
Which explains why my car was fairly dirty and only half charged on delivery.
Going forward, these tasks will be performed in Zeebrugge, as the operations revert to a normal steady state.
The article also mentions that the Germans should become nervous, as the market share of Model 3 in Q1 in the midsize premium sedan was 31% versus 29% for Mercedes C class, 14% for Audi A4 and 13% for BMW 3- class.

It's interesting... we were congratulating ourselves at how many vehicles Tesla was delivering in Europe... while in practice, Tesla was struggling with how few they had managed to deliver, due to logistics problems across the entire chain. As many as they delivered, they apparently planned to deliver even more, and had to struggle just to move as many as they did through the system.

Anyway, first ship of the new quarter is at Pier 80, and it's a biggie :)

GLOVIS SONIC Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9798387) - VesselFinder

Yes, Adam Klasfeld from "Courtroom News" covered it:

SEC Ordered to Make Nice With Elon Musk on Tweets

Here's their reporter's Twitter feed with many more quotes from the judge:

TL;DR: It's not looking good for the SEC, the judge came this ->.<- close to denying their motion and possibly invalidating the settlement. I now see zero chance for her to hold Elon in contempt over this tweet.

We definitely need those two links to be retweeted at maximum pledge!