Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love how tens of millions of dollars was spent on this only for the jury to go into the back for an hour and come to the conclusion that this is dumb as hell 🥴
I’m more perturbed that we still have long time posters here who went on about how awful/wrong etc… Elon was to have tweeted that and have yet to either change their tune or admit they were the ones wrong.

Those tweets saved Tesla from a hostile takeover and rather than hurt investors, made investors monetarily richer in the long run. Those tweets also made Elon aware of the many ridiculous rules that exist that prevent retail investors from owning stock in private companies. Lastly those tweets exposed the SEC for the crooked organization it is.

Looks like Tony Stark has hired Green Lantern for security.

EA471120-3116-4D12-9452-35F70C56C870.jpeg
729EB8E9-B286-4BCC-897A-6FD1342077F8.jpeg

I’m more perturbed that we still have long time posters here who went on about how awful/wrong etc… Elon was to have tweeted that and have yet to either change their tune or admit they were the ones wrong.

Those tweets saved Tesla from a hostile takeover and rather than hurt investors, made investors monetarily richer in the long run. Those tweets also made Elon aware of the many ridiculous rules that exist that prevent retail investors from owning stock in private companies. Lastly those tweets exposed the SEC for the crooked organization it is.
Agreed, as one who attended the trial about half the days, and was surprised to see Elon
there today hob-nobbing at the council's table before closing arguments. So I just got
back from late lunch and the verdict is in.

Cynically, this may have seemed an easy way out for the jury to avoid a ruined weekend.
However, if it was the combination of a snarly plaintiff's lawyer, being tired of suffering
faux outrage of short-term gamblers disguised as "investors", or dealing with bogus
options math calculations without much foundation by six-figure "experts",
I would understand that.

It will be very interesting to get some public statements from a juror or two, who were
difficult to read because masks were mandatory in court. All I really have to show for
it now are my samizdat paparazzi fotos, but I'm not supposed to talk about that here.
Have a good weekend.

Can't they make more than one unit at a time? Think assembly line. Just cause it takes 68 minutes to build a single unit doesn't mean it's their actual rate or throughout does it?
They have more than one unit in process, but the slowest step (and thus factory output) is (68 minutes * {number_of_parallel-lines})

Plus the $28 ($420 post splits) to $193 (currently) stock appreciation. That's around 50% annualized.

Now, if we could sue the SEC for triggering margin calls due to their hissy fit filing...
About as likely as suing the IRS for their BS last minute rulings on SUVs and subsequent change to benefit GM. I know a lot of people who would change their purchase choices if they'd known.

About as likely as suing the IRS for their BS last minute rulings on SUVs and subsequent change to benefit GM. I know a lot of people who would change their purchase choices if they'd known.
If the IRS was actually following the law, this Jan-March "any pack qualifies" window wouldn't exist though...
Sort of like getting a lower final score because you asked for your test to be regraded..

They have more than one unit in process, but the slowest step (and thus factory output) is (68 minutes * {number_of_parallel-lines})
You know, the video doesn't say one Megapack 2XL every 68 minutes, it says Megapack. Are they still make Megapacks as well? I agree with your computations, but I think they're referring just about the MegaFactory (at least that's what the video says). So something doesn't make sense... are they making 7,700 Megapacks and 2,300 2XL's at the MegaFactory perhaps?

If the IRS was actually following the law, this Jan-March "any pack qualifies" window wouldn't exist though...
Sort of like getting a lower final score because you asked for your test to be regraded..

I think coming into 2023 we were pretty sure the Model Y would qualify for the full $7,500 and Model 3 would get $3,750. After the last minute shuffle Model 3 got $7,500 and no Model Ys qualified. A fair number of people bought Model Ys and didn’t get any credit when they should have, Tesla lost sales. I’m not even sure how it all played out.

Is the new ruling retroactive? It’s amateur hour at the IRS. Awe inspiring that our trusted and much loved government (/s) has exhibited so much incompetence in such a short time.