Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes but we are a stock forum no? You should go to wallstreetbet subreddit and look at their terminology for "autists". They don't take themselves very seriously hence my post shouldn't be taken seriously either.
No worries....I am on one forum about one stock...so I am not really conversant as all the cool kids.

So, not only do these "tesla killers" not stack up for cost and performance, they can't even get them built.

E-tron, I-pace, Mercedes EQC, all are halted due to battery issues. Yet another bullet point for the Tesla bull thesis.

I believe that if more consumers were aware of the lower TCO of EVs, Tesla might not even need any of their other advantages over competitors. Just the fact that they have enough batteries and have EVs available for sale will, in my opinion, be enough for them to sell their vehicles like hotcakes once more consumers learn about the advantages and lower TCO of EVs.

Of course, Teslas have a lot more going for them than that, but that's almost just icing on the cake until the rest of the industry secures more batteries :D

After-action Report: Fri Feb 21, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $895.39
Volume: 14,417,180
Traded: $12,908,982,804.29 ($12.91 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.64%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

Comment: "MMs pegged SP to MaxPain again, +$100 in 1 week"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE – 2020-02-21.png

TLDR:

1. Giga4 tree cutting is done except for two with hibernating bats.

2. Leader of green party leader resigned due to making Germany angry for suing Tesla without members approval.

Mod: inserted at @Singuy's request. --ggr

Gelände in Grünheide: Bremst dieser Fledermaus-Baum Tesla aus?

Drone footage of 30 harvesters cutting down trees. Looks like the Germans are trying to 1 up the Chinese to the best of their abilities.

Oooh, NNNNnonnononooooo!!!!

PLEASE, Germany: learn from the Chinese!
Get.
Rid.
Of.
The.
Bats!

FYI: Normally I don't crosspost from the Coronavirus thread but:

upload_2020-2-22_1-15-8-png.513681

While Hubei numbers are (at least according to China) plunging, there's now four new outbreak centres: moderate ones in Italy and Iran, major (but contained) in a prison in Shandong, and major in South Korea (Daegu area, southeast). Indeed, if you consider the numbers comparative, South Korea may actually pass Wuhan soon.

Due to the lag time between finding a new infection centre and your control measures actually having an effect, it should be a significant time before we see improvement in South Korea (average incubation time = 5-6 days); new cases are already effectively "locked in".

On the upside, South Korea appears to be taking it very seriously. Most of the cases are associated with a cult, who's cooperating. The military has been dispatched to assist with containment. Daegu, the major city in the area (2 1/2 million people) is advising residents to stay indoors and wear face masks.

Impacts: Daegu has some OEMs. Example: this company makes headlights / tail lights / fog lights etc for Hyundai, Kia and GM.

::: Welcome to SL corporation :::

EV maker Zein Motors is headquartered in and has a factory in Daegu. Daegu is considered to be a sort of EV capitol in South Korea. Renault Samsung Motors has a testing facility in Daegu.

Last edited:
Indeed. "Uhh, guys? Why was Tesla able to deliver six figures of long-range BEVs to the EU this year if there's such a shortage?"
Don't be glib. You know why Tesla introduced the interrim L3MUR, an LR pack with reduced cell count. And why SR was accelerated into production even before it had a profitable GM.

It's all about the batteries. A better question would be "How many Model 3s would Tesla Fremont have produced in 2019 if they had no shortage of batteries?"

Q1 F'20 is going to be a bloodbath for OEM. Tesla will be dragged down initially until MM realize that Tesla is a different breed of auto manufacturer...and they also sell batteries? Really. The discrepancy will become crystal clear by end of Q1 or end of Q2 a the latest.

Markets and stocks are at a top and a sell off is likely. That old maxim "sell in May and go away" may very well apply in 2020, however there is so much good news coming for Tesla for the remainder of the year, I'm not sitting this summer out. TSLA may be one of the few safe havens beyond gold, silver and cash.

AAPL is 8.25X TSLA. My thinking is that if Apple ceases to exist tomorrow there will be little to no effect, so what if one needs to use a Samsung or LG or even a Blackberry (still have mine). If Tesla ceases to exist tomorrow, all the OEM will immediately scrap all their EVs claiming nobody wants them, and battery, energy storage and solar technology, sustainable transportation and self driving would be set back by twenty or more years, resulting in more than hundreds if not hundreds of millions of premature or outright deaths and effectively ensuring our extinction on this third rock from the sun. Is Tesla overvalued? My thinking is TSLA should be 8.25X AAPL.

My wife
and I have not told anyone that we have TSLA. I talk to my friends and family all the time about Tesla, but never TSLA, as I want to keep my friends and family relationships. This is our little secret and it serves us well.

Acronym alert: X means times