Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested in following the Powerwall+ developments, it's got it's own thread now: Discussion: "Powerwall +"

We also got a look at the full spec sheet. I think this is the first image of the Tesla Solar system connected directly in-between the main panel and the meter as described at the earnings call. Also note the bicycle wheel teased again in the corner of the image...

View attachment 658395
All the houses I have had the main panel is next to the meter. Is the main panel above the Powerwall+ in this photo? If it has to be moved doesn’t that defeat the purpose? That conduit does not look like it would fit 3 #2 wires, how are you running a 200a service for the house?

Reactions: 22522
For those interested in following the Powerwall+ developments, it's got it's own thread now: Discussion: "Powerwall +"

We also got a look at the full spec sheet. I think this is the first image of the Tesla Solar system connected directly in-between the main panel and the meter as described at the earnings call. Also note the bicycle wheel teased again in the corner of the image...

View attachment 658395

Cybertruck came with an ATV.

Maybe Model 2/A will be revealed with an E-bike.

Claim of video evidence of the recent crash, driver getting in the car and accelerating quickly.

Wow! That is rich!
So, key evidence is being withheld to protect the reputation of a constable, WHILE the entire media plus some senators publicly SMEAR the reputation of Tesla causing $billions in harm to investors with FAKE news that would be discredited by existing evidence. The untouchable constable whose reputation is more precious than anyone can ever imagine!

Last edited:
The process is complicated and is described very well in many articles you can find via simple google. Basically, they canceled contracts in the beginning of Covid. The contracted space was then sold by the Fabs to other users leaving no supply for the automative folks. They have to get the throughput back under contract. A risk if you outsource things. They felt it was better to cancel contracts as a risk reduction method of saving cash, and it could have very well worked out that way, vs letting contracts run at the risk of burning cash.
concur ....as i said above poor supply chain management ...it is not just FABs ... raw materials supply also contributed....what you list are just excuses...... Fords (and other OEM) failure to react quickly .. Tesla changed components and applied FW update to circumvent some of the shortages ...if you dont have an agile design and product change mgmt process you have no chance .... i have similar issues in my business ... we adjusted projects to reflect the chips that were available deferred those were they were in short supply ... could help partially explain Tesla and MS and MX refresh production delays.. which would be a great shifting of priorities due to chip shortage... OEM CEOs and Operations leaders are way out of their expertise

If it's under 100 dollars a month, there will be universal outcry from early adopters who already feels like they got screwed by FSD promises already.

Fsd subscription is "transferable" and is flexible. It has many advantages vs being locked to one specific car.
Stop. I’m an early buyer, I don’t care if it comes in at $1.99/mo. The whole viewpoint that everything in the world needs to be ‘fair’ to one’s individual parameters for the duration of life is ridiculous. We all know that if you buy early, one of two things happens; later buyers get a discount or later buyers pay more. Sometimes you’re a winner, sometimes a loser. Get over it.

Fsd subscription is "transferable" and is flexible. It has many advantages vs being locked to one specific car.

When they announce subscriptions they REALLY should announce FSD as being transferable to new cars. The same for unlimited supercharging. Its dumb to have a system in place that actively persuades people who were early adopters NOT to trade up to a newer car.
(I have free charging but no FSD, am looking at the model Y RHD).
Tesla need to remember that cool though it is to have no advertising and PR department, that means the happy customers ARE the PR department. Make sure you don't piss them off...

We should not confuse the SP movement with what’s happening in the real world. That’s why I specified a couple of days ago that I was vexed and irked, but I’d get over those when the thieves and bandits got run over. And they will. Been here, done that. Patience is a virtue.

But my disappointment was something entirely different. That’s what @Unpilot is on about. I’m losing hope, he’s losing hope. I agree with him. All this talk about 2030 and on is bs. That’s 9 years from now. WTH is with the snail’s pace!? Never mind we’ve all heard the ‘by such and such a date we will have X accomplished’ over and over only to reach the date and progress hasn’t even come close. At least when Tesla misses a deadline they’ve accomplished something along the way and they’re still moving as fast as they can to get there. It’s not a head fake, it’s not placation, it’s not delay tactics. That’s the main reason why I disagree with those who criticize Tesla/Elon missed timelines. It goes against everything I believe; to kick sand in the face of the one trying to get to their feet, carry on, and do better not just for themselves but for everyone else.

There’s so much talking, so little doing. Tesla and associated companies are DOING and getting whacked upside the head at every turn because people suck. That’s heartbreaking even for someone who doesn’t like people because it destroys that little bit of hope. When you have no hope left, it’s soul crushing.

My disagree wasn’t for your feelings. It was for your opinion on how Tesla/Elon should react.
See great mind's think alike....and this this why we are going to get along so well when I "visit" your molehill.

All the houses I have had the main panel is next to the meter. Is the main panel above the Powerwall+ in this photo? If it has to be moved doesn’t that defeat the purpose? That conduit does not look like it would fit 3 #2 wires, how are you running a 200a service for the house?

On the East coast, main panels are typically installed indoors on the opposite side of the wall as the meter. So I'm guessing this photo is just showing an East-coast-style installation to make it look cleaner.

Wow! That is rich!
So, key evidence is being withheld to protect the reputation of a constable, WHILE the entire media plus some senators publicly SMEAR the reputation of Tesla causing $billions in harm to investors with FAKE news that would be discredited by existing evidence. The untouchable constable whose reputation is more precious than anyone can ever imagine!

To be clear, this should read "anonymous brand new account on twitter claims key evidence..."

Could be 100% true-we know the cops initial statements about the fire turned out not to be correct for example... but if we're all DO NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS WITHOUT REAL PROOF on one side, we probably should be that way in the other direction too.

Stop. I’m an early buyer, I don’t care if it comes in at $1.99/mo. The whole viewpoint that everything in the world needs to be ‘fair’ to one’s individual parameters for the duration of life is ridiculous. We all know that if you buy early, one of two things happens; later buyers get a discount or later buyers pay more. Sometimes you’re a winner, sometimes a loser. Get over it.
And the way I saw it was, besides the "luck" aspect those who paid for FSD and knew it was a risk additional felt as though they were contributing to the "dream."
It was a vote of confidence in Tesla/Elon...with perhaps a reward.

Making it cheap would be a huge flip flop for Elon. He seems to think even 10k is a steal. But of course we have all argued about this for months now and nobody cares what we think.

This is more of a weekend discussion but I will just say that EM musk pushes for wide distribution of things that make a difference. If FSD pricing is a barrier to insanely wide distribution then he would essentially give it away. It will be a (mostly) sunk cost when complete. He MAY (in my opinion) thank and perhaps gift initial purchasers but then happily announce $19.95 per month (only a guess) and free with Tesla insurance (safety bundle pricing).

Why? Because to do otherwise is to consign thousands of Tesla owners to much higher risk of death and injury (including children).

Evidence? As soon as the vision was clear to him, he built FSD into every vehicle at company cost not only because it helped speed success in FSD but also because it guaranteed maximum distribution. We early adopters (similar to model S buyers) of FSD paid for a portion of the development but we got HW updates and may get another at no charge. Additionally, we helped develop something that will change the world and save many thousands of lives. I am very happy with a wide distribution policy if FSD delivers massive advances in safety and reduced suffering.

The next question is, "Will Tesla license it?" Yep. Because FSD should be in every vehicle without exception. There are few historic models to FSD other than perhaps development of antibiotics or immunization technology.

So will achievement of FSD full release immediately be like this, probably not, but something along this kind of thinking only more clever than my pea brain can imagine.

You know how I got FSD for 5k without paying for EAP on a 2018 build at all? Due to last public outcry about FSD being cheaper vs the 7k early adopter got it for.

We already know how the public feels about the subject. Theres no reason to believe history will not repeat. Them being right or wrong about complaining is not part of the discussion and is a strawman.

When they announce subscriptions they REALLY should announce FSD as being transferable to new cars. The same for unlimited supercharging. Its dumb to have a system in place that actively persuades people who were early adopters NOT to trade up to a newer car.
(I have free charging but no FSD, am looking at the model Y RHD).
Tesla need to remember that cool though it is to have no advertising and PR department, that means the happy customers ARE the PR department. Make sure you don't piss them off...

Hmm to me if I sell a Model 3 with FSD then I will ask for $10K more then a Model 3 without FSD. If I transfer the FSD license to a new Model 3 I then subtract $10K from the Model 3 I am trying to sell. If I paid less then $10K for FSD (I did) then I can costing myself money.

But you don’t know what the subscription price is going to be. You’re guessing it’s in the hundreds. It might be $99/mo. It might be $69.40/mo. It might be $199/mo. We don’t know until Tesla releases it and prices it.

What we do know is that it will be priced as fairly as possible with the intent to encourage as many people as possible to give it a try, because that’s how Tesla rolls.
We're all just going to let this go?

The price would be $69.420 a month.

$69.40/month... what was the cat thinking?