Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think your credits number is way too low, but I like the breakdown without the credits. If I take away the credits I’m expecting in Q3, my numbers come out a bit below yours. But then again I’m only estimating 10k of model S
I do believe that the $354k in Reg Credits for Q2 may have been a head fake and we can see Reg Credits back up to 450k-500k but I wanted to be conservative here since the numbers looked great already using $350k for Reg Credits in Q3.

Hurry up and wait!

"3. Because the extra $2,500 credit would not apply until 2022, the law could depress sales in 2021.

If someone waits until 2022 to buy a new Tesla, they would eligible for the additional $2,500 credit. This could have a negative effect upon Tesla in 2021 by causing some people to delay their purchase until 2022."

I don't see any Osborn effect here, US buyers have no choice but to wait until 2022 to get a new Tesla at this point.

That snippet about Google maps also makes be think Tesla could easily leapfrog Google in that area as well, when you have millions of cars with 360deg cameras continuously scanning the roads every day...
Holy smokes, I never thought about this. Wow yes, Tesla could create a "Google Street View", only with high resolution data that is far more up-to-date than Street View!

Hurry up and wait!

"3. Because the extra $2,500 credit would not apply until 2022, the law could depress sales in 2021.

If someone waits until 2022 to buy a new Tesla, they would eligible for the additional $2,500 credit. This could have a negative effect upon Tesla in 2021 by causing some people to delay their purchase until 2022."

I don't see any Osborn effect here, US buyers have no choice but to wait until 2022 to get a new Tesla at this point.
Current orderers could delay pick up until 2022. Or cancel and reorder.

Hurry up and wait!

See Gary Black tweet: no impact of effective date since it will allow plenty of people to jump the line who are indifferent to the credit......not sure he considered the order backlog.

That snippet about Google maps also makes be think Tesla could easily leapfrog Google in that area as well, when you have millions of cars with 360deg cameras continuously scanning the roads every day...
Eventually, perhaps imagery from Starlink satellites ( I don't think they are equipped with cameras yet ?) combined with POV imagery from the cars could replicate what Google does now, but also be self-updating.

How in the world does one time that $709 purchase???
I had an order set to 708.80.... missed it by .05 😂 It was just dumb luck.... or almost was.

1631545827194.png

1631545927644.png

Attachments

• 1631545893879.png
    1631545893879.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 38
About the tax credit: what’s the chance that the next president revokes the tax credit? The ICE manufacturers need to invest heavily the coming years in order to be able to benefit from the tax credit, but by the time these investments can produce anything, the tax credit might be revoked.

In the US the legislature (House and Senate) writes the laws, and the president signs or vetoes them. A 2/3rds majority in the legislature can override a presidential veto. Writing a new law could undo it, though you'd probably need a new legislature (2022 at soonest) and president (2024 at soonest) to do it.

Hurry up and wait!

It can affect Q4 deliveries. I imagine that a lot of buyers could try to delay their deliveries if it means saving $2500.

Reactions: replicant
How in the world does one time that $709 purchase???
I assume it just got thrown in with a larger Fidelity order and I got the price break. As for the price, I arbitrarily picked it and put in a buy order on the red open when I noticed a $780 cash balance in my HSA. Champion!