Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Deep Thought of the day....

Now that Q2 is behind us and the earnings were even better than my pessimistic self expected, I'm feeling an extreme sense of exuberance. Those of us who model Tesla's financials in detail know what to expect for Q3 and Q4 of 2022, and we know the very high probability that TSLA is on the verge of exploding upwards to new All Time Highs within the next three to six months from today. The financial boom Tesla is about to experience (short of some huge unlikely catastrophe) is something we've not seen happen to Tesla in all of it's history yet. I know it's still "early" for Tesla as their growth will continue in abundance, but to me Q2 felt like a speed bump along the way, a very uncertain and fearful speed bump. For some reason.

It just feels really good now that Q2 is out of the way. Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this. :cool:

I'm starting to think Elon's comment about the factories setting money on fire was a trap for short sellers.
Naw. The factories HAVE been burning cash, seen with the significant drop in GMs this quarter. It’s just that Tesla is so profitable otherwise….well…just imagine when the factories are ramped! 🥳

7D2DCE3D-86B7-4A43-8A7C-FF0E3A9FDCF6.jpeg

10 % gain today!

Yahoo Finance has a real-time volume ticker indicating 37M shares traded as of 2:07 ET. Are you counting pre-market also, or is Yahoo Finance numbers delayed?
I was reading it right off TD Ameritrade. Says it's 42M now. Maybe TD is counting premarket here IDK, but this one's more fun to watch. ;)

1658427722095.png

My Deep Thought of the day....

Now that Q2 is behind us and the earnings were even better than my pessimistic self expected, I'm feeling an extreme sense of exuberance. Those of us who model Tesla's financials in detail know what to expect for Q3 and Q4 of 2022, and we know the very high probability that TSLA is on the verge of exploding upwards to new All Time Highs within the next three to six months from today. The financial boom Tesla is about to experience (short of some huge unlikely catastrophe) is something we've not seen happen to Tesla in all of it's history yet. I know it's still "early" for Tesla as their growth will continue in abundance, but to me Q2 felt like a speed bump along the way, a very uncertain and fearful speed bump. For some reason.

It just feels really good now that Q2 is out of the way. Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this. :cool:
Cannot celebrate yet since I made a bet with a friend for a nice dinner if at the end of 2022 SP exceeds 50 perc of Dec 30 2021 closing (1000 + 50 per = 1500). But, looking more hopefull! 🤞🏿

Well done TSLA on Q2 given all the headwinds.

Hopefully that's the last time we have Bitcoin and TESLA used in the same sentence....

That's crazy talk. Tesla still has 25% of their Bitcoin on the books, all of their Dogecoin, and Elon said on the call yesterday they were not against buying more if they thought it would be useful.

Get over it!

In fact, anyone with liquidity not buying TSLA today is asleep at the wheel.

Most people buying TSLA today probably missed out on recent prices in the $600's because they were incapable of understanding what a good deal it was and how low the downside risk was. But I don't mind if they want to pay $100 to $200 more dollars for every share. If they want to look at the bright side they can console themselves with the fact that's only $33-$66 more dollars per share more once it splits, LOL! 🤣

I have plenty of liquidity and I'm not buying a single share today. Why? Because I fully loaded up in the $600's and encouraged anyone who would listen to do the same.

Anyone over 50 years old who runs out of liquidity at any point is probably showing their lack of market acumen. There is never a good excuse for being illiquid. That doesn't mean you have to use your liquidity just because everyone else is finally buying. Be apart from the herd and profit.

Last edited:
That's crazy talk. Tesla still has 25% of their Bitcoin on the books, all of their Dogecoin, and Elon said on the call yesterday they were not against buying more if they thought it would be useful.

Get over it!
Exactly. If BTC wasn't treated to such archaic accounting practices they would have sold zero. I place a high probability that Elon personally has not sold a single BTC from his personal cold wallet. Neither has Master of Coin.

Hope he is correct. Selling 75% pretty much established how useful it is. Doge maybe In a small way. YMMV

It didn't establish anything. If you try looking at life with an expanded time dimension you will see things you didn't know existed. Most people can't seem to get past the present or maybe a few months forward and backward. Time is infinite even if your time on earth is only a tiny, insignificant slice thinner than a human hair. The reason Elon thinks about expanding human consciousness beyond earth is because he is not constrained by the present or by the short duration of his life.

What's that have to do with Bitcoin? I'm just pointing out that you cannot prove or disprove the usefulness of a currency hedge in two short years. Elon has determined it can possibly be useful to the mission and once you get beyond thinking about it only as profit or loss (a very common but misguided view), and are willing to stop being so constrained by such a short timescale, maybe you can see some of the same things he's seeing. Or not. Not all of us are visionary and I don't expect everyone to be visionary. But maybe let the visionary people do their visionary things when there is no real downside of any import.