Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most people buying TSLA today probably missed out on recent prices in the $600's because they were incapable of understanding what a good deal it was and how low the downside risk was. But I don't mind if they want to pay $100 to $200 more dollars for every share. If they want to look at the bright side they can console themselves with the fact that's only $33-$66 more dollars per share more once it splits, LOL! 🤣

I have plenty of liquidity and I'm not buying a single share today. Why? Because I fully loaded up in the $600's and encouraged anyone who would listen to do the same.

Anyone over 50 years old who runs out of liquidity at any point is probably showing their lack of market acumen. There is never a good excuse for being illiquid. That doesn't mean you have to use your liquidity just because everyone else is finally buying. Be apart from the herd and profit.

I had a heavy buy order set at $600 for 6 months. All my 750, 700 and 650 buy orders hit but if my 600 had hit, today I’d be dancing naked outside in the rain. However it is not raining today.

• Mizuho raised from $1,150 to $1,175. Buy rating
• Wells Fargo: $830 From $820, Keeps Equalweight Rating
• Baird: $949 From $1,108
• Berenberg Bank: $850 From $900, Hold Rating
• Canaccord Genuity: $815 From $801, Reiterates Buy Rating
• Cowen: $733 From $700
Sooooooo.....majority either barely any increase in PT or PT downgrades. Right 🥱

I'd love to see what their 2022 EPS estimates were before earnings and what they are now. Already saw one analyst leave their PT unchanged, yet they raised their 2022 EPS by 20%.

Clown show

Sooooooo.....majority either barely any increase in PT or PT downgrades. Right 🥱

I'd love to see what their 2022 EPS estimates were before earnings and what they are now. Already saw one analyst leave their PT unchanged, yet they raised their 2022 EPS by 20%.

Clown show
Well there are more.

Deutsche Bank unchanged and still at $1125, Buy rating
UBS: Unchanged 1100, Buy rating
Oppenheimer has raised their $TSLA price target very slightly to $1,293 (from $1,291)
Morgan Stanley on Tesla (TSLA): 'we remain constructive on the stock' (reiterated an Overweight rating and $1,150.00 PT)
Bofa raises price target for Tesla (Tesla from $900 to $950. Neutral)

Well there are more.

Deutsche Bank unchanged and still at $1125, Buy rating
UBS: Unchanged 1100, Buy rating
Oppenheimer has raised their $TSLA price target very slightly to $1,293 (from $1,291)
Morgan Stanley on Tesla (TSLA): 'we remain constructive on the stock' (reiterated an Overweight rating and $1,150.00 PT)
Bofa raises price target for Tesla (Tesla from $900 to $950. Neutral)
The Oppenheimer PT raise made my morning........$2 a share 😅

Ford to buy cheaper CATL EV batteries to catch Tesla

"Ford said it has now sourced about 70% of the battery capacity it needs to support its goal of building more than 2 million EVs worldwide by late 2026." 😆

"Ford's decision to use CATL's lithium iron phosphate batteries for the Mustang Mach-E starting next year, and the F-150 Lightning in 2024, marks a significant win for the Chinese battery maker, and a shift in U.S. marketing strategy for Ford. ..(Lithium-iron batteries typically deliver less driving range than comparable batteries that use nickel and cobalt, and until recently, automakers had stuck with more expensive nickel-cobalt chemistries for the U.S. market, where longer driving range is a key competitive measure.)"

"Ford said it is aiming for 8% pretax profit margins on its EVs by 2026. The company has said its EV business currently is not profitable. Even an 8% margin would be short of the 14.6% operating margin Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) reported Wednesday for the second quarter."
😂

Exactly. If BTC wasn't treated to such archaic accounting practices they would have sold zero. I place a high probability that Elon personally has not sold a single BTC from his personal cold wallet. Neither has Master of Coin.

I'm not even sure Elon would want Bitcoin in his quiver if not for the archaic accounting rules. The selling of Bitcoin had a real impact on the numbers (and an even bigger impact on the difference between analysts' expectations and actual results regardless of whether they backed out Bitcoin or not). Narratives are formed, numbers recorded, opinions are made and voiced, the stock price goes up and down, employees are hired and fired, production fluctuates, ASP's go up and down, everything is in a constant state of motion. Having one more tool to poke and prod at that as needed can be a good thing. Bitcoin is an instrument that can be bought or sold at the drop of a hat when it seems it might help the narrative. It's one more lever to pull that can bend history a little bit. And that bend can influence other things that may not be apparent to a less astute observer. Elon is a master and one thing I know about people who have mastered their craft is they are always looking for another tool that can allow them to take more control than they already have.

This means a master should have all the best tools of their craft and only a master knows what those tools look like. And the thing I'm confident of is that Bitcoin is not about making a bet on the side, the point is not to profit a few million bucks by buying low and selling high, the point is to have another tool to practice your craft. Elon knows the future movements of Bitcoin cannot be predicted. Let's assume Bitcoin movements are random for the sake of argument. That means a certain percentage of the time the tool will be useful when needed. If it's not needed, it won't be of use. A tool that might be useful some of the time is better than not having that tool. Magicians need tools too. Don't waste another minute arguing that a person as battle-hardened and as proven in business over decades, as Musk obviously is, should be kept from his tools. He's a big boy and he's not even playing with fire. I would let him play with fire because he's a big boy, but this is not it. Not even close. My sincere hope is the people here who are strongly anti-Bitcoin can take a step back and stop wasting time moaning and groaning about a little bitcoin as if it were the end of the world. It's not your call so just deal with it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wiki: "The lyrics for the song were, according to the singer, written as a satirical translation of the Chinese government's propaganda used after the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests."
5957051F-9A84-4687-AB17-FC7ED03AE5E3.gif

The selling of Bitcoin had a real impact on the numbers (and an even bigger impact on the difference between analysts' expectations and actual results regardless of whether they backed out Bitcoin or not).
Please explain further. Other than the level of impairment that was/ was not applied to estimates, what impact did BTC have on Tesla's results?

Reactions: MP3Mike and UncaNed
Ford to buy cheaper CATL EV batteries to catch Tesla

"Ford said it has now sourced about 70% of the battery capacity it needs to support its goal of building more than 2 million EVs worldwide by late 2026." 😆

"Ford's decision to use CATL's lithium iron phosphate batteries for the Mustang Mach-E starting next year, and the F-150 Lightning in 2024, marks a significant win for the Chinese battery maker, and a shift in U.S. marketing strategy for Ford. ..(Lithium-iron batteries typically deliver less driving range than comparable batteries that use nickel and cobalt, and until recently, automakers had stuck with more expensive nickel-cobalt chemistries for the U.S. market, where longer driving range is a key competitive measure.)"

"Ford said it is aiming for 8% pretax profit margins on its EVs by 2026. The company has said its EV business currently is not profitable. Even an 8% margin would be short of the 14.6% operating margin Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) reported Wednesday for the second quarter."
😂
2 million EV's worldwide by 2026 total?

Meanwhile Tesla is on track to build 2 million EV's a year in 2023?

I don't know how Ford plans on catching Tesla unless Ford is now using Mary's Math like at GM.

The financial boom Tesla is about to experience (short of some huge unlikely catastrophe) is something we've not seen happen to Tesla in all of it's history yet.
The financial boom Tesla is about to experience is something we’ve not seen happen to any company in history.

Apple spent 13 years (‘09-‘22) to go from where Tesla’s profits are today to $100B annual net income.

Tesla will do it in 3-4 years with an outside shot at doing it in 2 years if production ramps, margins and FSD go really well.

This is truly unprecedented. Biggest market disruption of all time even without significant contributions from FSD or Energy.

Last edited: