Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Can someone explain to me like I’m five Why TSLA would go up 5% at some point today while the whole market was red while we saw multiple FUD Reuters/Bloomberg articles about Tesla reducing production for this month?
Tesla trading is highly technical, pretty much textbook TA with heavy doses of market makers and hedge funds manipulation. Sometimes it gives an illusion of association with fundamentals but really it’s extremely random on day to day basis. It gets less random and more explicable on technical basis when you focus on weekly stock performance.
Longer term much better correlation with underlying fundamentals.
It’s a futile endeavor to try to explain and extrapolate daily stock behavior but becomes easier as you zoom out onto weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly timeframes
If I were talking to a 5 year old (who eventually grows up to be an Orthopedic surgeon ) I’d say 2 words: nobody knows

Over last 13 months Tesla has had 3 declines
17 weeks decline of -43.7% from November 2021 through February 2022 followed by 6 weeks recovery of +64.69% followed by
8 week decline of -46.17% followed by up 12 weeks +52.11% and this last decline of 15 weeks for -47.18%
We are in week #2 of potential recovery
Assuming we are following 2016 like playbook Tesla likely to rise between now and 12/31/2022 simply to reduce yearly losses
That’s just an assumption though and stock could go anywhere it pleases but if Tesla is indeed being manipulated by big money then there is probably a method to this madness

Attachments

• F431D4EE-0382-40C4-BD34-9952549E204E.png
    F431D4EE-0382-40C4-BD34-9952549E204E.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 99
Here's a slightly enhanced version from Twitter:
View attachment 883318
Edited to add slightly...

Looks like a triple rear casting per side.
Maybe they can integrate some of that on the final casting. Although bolting together a few castings seems pretty fast and easy.

What angling down? The floor line of whatever that is established the floor of the chassis. The roof is not angled nearly enough to come close. And then there's the random black extrusions going nowhere in the back, wtf is that?
The two casting pillars seem to line up nicely with the rear slope of the roof. So there's some internal structure in the side panels...
I'd attribute any angle considerations to lense distortion and picture angle.

Also, is this section even being casted? The body is the frame. Aren't the castings for the undercarriage, like the Model 3/Y?
They never said it would be exoskeleton only with hollow structures.
Even the first rumors of the CT castings would have invalidated this claim.

Obviously the exoskeleton provides part of the structure. But much like the structural battery it needs some internal frame to wrap around to avoid buckling and distribute point loads.

Interesting. Not sure what I was expecting for structure, but that seems more endoskeleton than exoskeleton to my eyes.

Look to nature for a structural analog. Cybertruck may be like a turtle (with 1,000+ hp). All those forces have to be transferred from the drive train to the exoskeleton. What you're looking at with the prospective cybertruck rear casting is the analog to a turtle's Pelvic girdle, like this:

Now can you imagine what the front gigacasting will do? (ie: Shoulder girdle).

Cheers!

Paging @OrthoSurg for the deets (Mechanical engineer and Orthopedic Surgeon, student of anatomy) ;)

Look to nature for a structural analog. Cybertruck may be like a turtle (with 1,000+ hp). All those forces have to be transferred from the drive train to the exoskeleton. What you're looking at with the prospective cybertruck rear casting is the analog to a turtle's Pelvic girdle, like this:

Now can you imagine what the front gigacasting will do? (ie: Shoulder girdle).

Cheers!

Paging @OrthoSurg for the deets (Mechanical engineer and Orthopedic Surgeon, student of anatomy) ;)
Oh, wow. That's an interesting anatomy in the turtle. Sort of an endoskeleton/exoskeleton hybrid. Not what I would have expected there either. Seems like a turtle badge would make a nice emblem.

Last edited:
But ya know, the market could care less. See everyone at 150 🥴

I'd wager it couldn't care less. ;)
So you're calling the bottom then! :)

If the market could care less as StarFox claimed - and then went on to actually care less about maintaining margins then the stock would continue to go down. So your claim that it cares not at all should mean the bottom is in!