Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Romania in 2018. My Uber drivers knew about Elon Musk and Tesla, and the younger generation desperate to get out. The rural peeps not so much. There wasn’t much confidence at the time that Tesla would ever have much of a presence back then and when I saw their electrical infrastructure - um, I wasn’t confident either. Blew a breaker that took the power out in a number of buildings one night when I plugged in my cellphone to recharge. Concierge mumbled something in Romanian that likely translated to ******** *********!

View attachment 885139
That looks safe.

I was in Romania in 2018. My Uber drivers knew about Elon Musk and Tesla, and the younger generation desperate to get out. The rural peeps not so much. There wasn’t much confidence at the time that Tesla would ever have much of a presence back then and when I saw their electrical infrastructure - um, I wasn’t confident either. Blew a breaker that took the power out in a number of buildings one night when I plugged in my cellphone to recharge. Concierge mumbled something in Romanian that likely translated to ******** *********!

View attachment 885139
That infra structure looks like Berkeley, CA, USA with their $1.5m dollar homes in a so so neighborhood. You sure this is Romania?

For folks who see Elon that way I offer...

Maybe they should study up on Autism, particularly Asperger's Syndrome. This sort of behavior is part and parcel with that unique flavor of genius which is Elon.

If someone is unable to take the good with the bad there may be more comfortable investments elsewhere.

I'm quite tickled with the way this is going personally, but I do have a working understanding of the fundamentals at play, and tend to be forgiving and judge people on overall achievement rather than on whether or not they agree with any particular belief I hold dear.

YMMV
I 'd probably be a little more tickled if I didn't have DITM puts.

I, for one, LOVE the after hours action!

1671066507141.png

Wow, something positive.

After starting off positive, the article of course had to offer dissenting views, but it ended with how many here feel.

“Instead, Morgan Stanley might be arguing for a healthy dose of cautious optimism. In the short term, it remains pretty evident that many tech stocks could continue to fall. Still, for those willing to hold their position, perhaps until recession worries pass by, they may be in for a fantastic opportunity.”
Shocker. Their crime buddies have loaded up for cheap. Lower level has been reached. Now, all are allowed to load up on stonk.

ARK buying today
12/14/2022​
DirectionTickerCompany Name
Shares Traded | % of Total ETF​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
61,537 | 0.1375​
BuyCOINCOINBASE GLOBAL INC
176,364 | 0.1011​
BuyVERVVERVE THERAPEUTICS INC
4,067 | 0.0013​
SellMTLSMATERIALISE NV
3,394 | 0.0005​
SellPACBPACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF
27,394 | 0.0038​
SellVCYTVERACYTE INC
59,838 | 0.0254​
SellEXASEXACT SCIENCES CORP
149,383 | 0.0979​

12/14/2022​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
10,066 | 0.1817​
SellONVOORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC
206 | 0.0000​
SellDEDEERE & CO
3,977 | 0.2005​

12/14/2022​
27,097 | 0.0997​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
3,259 | 0.0467​

12/14/2022​
BuyCMPSCOMPASS PATHWAYS PLC
18,408 | 0.0086​
BuyVERVVERVE THERAPEUTICS INC
941 | 0.0010​
SellONVOORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC
431 | 0.0000​
SellIOVAIOVANCE BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC
4,990 | 0.0016​

12/14/2022​
93,117 | 0.5080​
SellSISILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP
191,107 | 0.4926​

My favorite shopping mall in Bangkok, very prime location. Last times I've been there were a few high end car stores there, some with EVs on display. Have a feeling Tesla will be a huge success in Thailand, like they have been everywhere else. Also I think Indonesian are eager to get their hands on some Teslas eventually. The new education culture research technology minister(who founded GoJek(their Uber/everything app)) seem to really like Elon:

My experience has been that people here care a lot less for American pet peeves with Elon and really admire his optimism for the future.

Last edited:
I for one am glad to see this. It explains some/much of the SP weakness this week.

I still don't understand why Elon sells on the open market rather than through a block sale with an investment bank. I'm sure he has his reasons, but I fail to see any upside.

Positives of this drop being Elon selling:
  • It wasn't institutions bailing
  • Implies more about TWTR's business than TSLA's
  • Usually stops on the day of the Form 4
  • This is the last week he can do it for the next 6 weeks
  • Maybe close out the TWTR debt and avoid margin loan

Negatives
  • It's now a regular thing
  • He doesn't really care how he sells or how low he sells at