Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mongo's post says "restricted for a week", but my recollection of the popup said "permanently". Maybe I'm misremembering though. I'm not about to tempt fate by trying to reproduce it.
I can personally confirm it is restricted for a one week period and is then restored. EAP continues to be available, but not FSD, so still helpful on highways.

Yes pretty clear it is ending on Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive and LR. Ambiguous on Model Y.

As I believe the battery packs are the same in the Model Y and 3 it is very odd.

Model 3 SR - CATL LFP
Model 3 LR - LG 2170 with China sourced material
Model Y uses Giga Nevada 2170

Very different supply chain

When you speak in Mod Voice I always interpret --ggr as a phonetic --grr.

Just sayin' 😁
So do lots of people. It's good, they can't reply to @grr.

It dates back to the early days of Unix, when almost all usernames were the person's initials (notably excepting "ken"). Once upon a time I was "[email protected]", among other domains, but who could resist a TLA at the TLA company?

Thanks for posting this and making $TSLA go the opposite direction :)

067.jpg

Model 3 SR - CATL LFP
Model 3 LR - LG 2170 with China sourced material
Model Y uses Giga Nevada 2170

Very different supply chain

Nice of Treasury/IRS to give Tesla 15 days notice, wot? Nothing like shifting a billion kg of raw materials around like it was a bloddy memo, wot? Same *sugar* as last December, when they sprang the surprise on the USA (and Tesla) that, BTW the Model Y isn't an SUV unless it has 7 seats! Hahaha, yoke's on you. /s

So do lots of people. It's good, they can't reply to @grr.

It dates back to the early days of Unix, when almost all usernames were the person's initials (notably excepting "ken"). Once upon a time I was "[email protected]", among other domains, but who could resist a TLA at the TLA company?

Code:
fw01# finger ggr
Login: ggr                             Name: Moderator Dude
Directory: /home/ggr                       Shell: /bin/ksh
On since Thu Dec 14 15:00 (EST) on ttyp0 from 192.168.100.99
New mail received Thu Dec 14 01:30 2023 (EST)
     Unread since Mon May 22 09:45 2023 (EDT)
No Plan.

Finally, I'm fairly sure that, for tax purposes, companies can write off some proportion of their research budget. Has anybody noticed that write-off in the various financial reports?
I'm in the same boat when it comes to R&D. I've never done just pure "R". And this has always bothered me about the tax code. The R&D credit is meant to encourage the "R". But most companies take the R&D tax credit for stuff they would have done anyway. Very little of it actually encourages research. It's just corporate welfare. Guess it helps to pay my salary.

The R&D process for no part is the best part has got to be fascinating
Speaking as a part-time reliability engineer, that one was solved ages ago.

Sucking 50-odd MSI into one LSI (System On a Chip, anybody?) improves reliability greatly since fewer I/O has a lot more to do long-term longevity than a larger piece of silicon.