Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's certainly more searches on Tesla this month.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.49.45 AM.png

Saudi Fund in Talks to Invest in Tesla Buyout Deal

Saudi Fund in Talks to Invest in Tesla Buyout Deal

Its almost like Elon is shopping around for the best deal. Maybe he got a pre-approval and just shopping for the best financing like when you buy home. You may not have even decided how much down you are going to put. So the first thing you do is go get a pre-approval so that you can be taken seriously be sellers. Then you do the hard work of finding out exactly how you will structure the deal. How much down, Home equity line of credit, 15 year or 30 year. There are a lot of factors, but it does not mean that you are not pre-approved or pre-qualified.

Nothing like the Saudis buying 5% of the company to get the bidding war kicked off.

The thing that most folks don’t realize is that there could be some big investment group that has been acquiring options to purchase shares of tesla. If this group or groups come out and say they have acquired enough shared to constitute a large percent of tesla shares - that will cause a big squeeze. Is there an electric version of the word

Fahrvergnügen

I wondered the exact same thing after reading how the VW squeeze went down. Its an often overlooked component. Porsche was buying up calls which totaled 31% of the companies stock. These are not actual shares, just a contract to purchase them at a set price. This actually created an outstanding number of shares over 100% where the vast majority where controlled by one group, and they where not selling.

How does this apply to Tesla? Who knows who has been acquiring calls over the last year. 500,000 contracts would control 31% of the company, combined with Elon's 20%, that is 51%. If that person happens to be a resident of Silicon Valley, that would be interesting. Now you might say that is in insider trading, but it doesnt have to be. If the purchases started a year go and there wouldnt need to be any communication or coordination. That person has every right to have a standing offer with Elon for a go private deal and even Elon might not be aware that this person or entity has amassed 500,000 call options. It wouldnt even be that expensive if they are high enough and far enough out. Each contract could be $20 each for $10,000,000 to control 50M shares and it wouldnt necessarily be that risky because the stock is hyper growth anyway.

Saudis eh? Not sure how I feel about that. I know they're "divesting out of oil" and all that, "going green" and all that... But in my personal experience, from dealing with Saudis and from a good friend of mine who lived and worked in the UAE for 10+ years, I'm not sure they'd be a good fit for TSLA if they want to become "active owners".

The thing that most folks don’t realize is that there could be some big investment group that has been acquiring options to purchase shares of tesla. If this group or groups come out and say they have acquired enough shared to constitute a large percent of tesla shares - that will cause a big squeeze. Is there an electric version of the word

Fahrvergnügen
i agree with your hypothesis. i have been closely watching J19 call options trading and on Thursday over 3000 calls were traded at average price of $80 or so comes to approximately $24 million or so if my math is correct and on Friday OI jumped from 9k to well over 11k
i would not be surprised if similar to Porsche quietly acquiring VW call options in 2008 and then causing a short squeeze in October 2008 something similar develops here pretty soon
do not forget VW only had 12 to 13% of its float shorted unlike 27% of tesla. this could cause a major short squeeze

I wondered the exact same thing after reading how the VW squeeze went down. Its an often overlooked component. Porsche was buying up calls which totaled 31% of the companies stock. These are not actual shares, just a contract to purchase them at a set price. This actually created an outstanding number of shares over 100% where the vast majority where controlled by one group, and they where not selling.

How does this apply to Tesla? Who knows who has been acquiring calls over the last year. 500,000 contracts would control 31% of the company, combined with Elon's 20%, that is 51%. If that person happens to be a resident of Silicon Valley, that would be interesting. Now you might say that is in insider trading, but it doesnt have to be. If the purchases started a year go and there wouldnt need to be any communication or coordination. That person has every right to have a standing offer with Elon for a go private deal and even Elon might not be aware that this person or entity has amassed 500,000 call options. It wouldnt even be that expensive if they are high enough and far enough out. Each contract could be $20 each for $10,000,000 to control 50M shares and it wouldnt necessarily be that risky because the stock is hyper growth anyway.
So TrendTrader's strategy might actually work...

Yep. I'm approaching my investment in TSLA even more like a full-time job now. A huge amount of wealth is going to change hands over the next few months. IMO, you can't do enough DD right now to try to figure out how to approach TSLA investments.
it is a full time job. no kidding.in the last few months i have had swings in my portfolio worth 10 years of income so yes the next several days and weeks demand total undivided attention

Mod: starting now, I am going to be aggressively moving discussion about who can or can't participate in unlisted stock to appropriate threads. In some cases I will just delete purely speculative replies. So please take the discussions there. --ggr.
Holding shares in a private Tesla outside the US
"Going Private = Forced Liquidation" for many Investors
Go private options strategies

Want to add specifically for SA investment there is also a thread here Saudi Arabia (out of Market Action)

Status
Not open for further replies.