Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a head’s up, former SEC Chairman will be on CNBC soon to discuss whether the SEC settlement is in jeopardy because of yesterday’s tweets.
If it is then i
I doubt this very much. At least as long as GenXers are alive.

People still buy Rolex despite the fact Apple Watch is superior. Even Seiko is better at telling time.

People still buy thoroughbred horses.

People pay ~30% premium for "real diamonds" over more environmentally friendly synthetic diamonds.

It may be that GenXers are the last generation where there is significant buyers for smelly poisonous outdated transport machines. Or maybe not.

I don't think Tesla sells because it's superior. The bolt/volt are superior than a corolla but you don't see bolts flying off the lot. People likes to buy things that gives them an identity. The way Apple branded their products were about identifying the public as young, cool and modern while anything related to Microsoft or the pc were for geeks, dweebs, and nerds. Elon pretty much followed Apple's master plan when it comes to branding products.

I think this is a major misconception. It's not an Elon premium. It's a Tesla premium. Whenever we defend Tesla against shorts, do we go off on a rant about how amazing Elon is? No, of course not - we go off on a rant about how awesome Tesla's fundamentals and growth potential are. That's why Tesla's market cap is so high. These days, Elon only drags it down.

Not that I want to get rid of him; I just want him filtered. I like his aggressive moat bridging strategies. But Tesla does not live or die based on whether he's there to micromanage it.

They are one and the same. There are numerous confirmation everywhere that Elon is tesla.

Though, I'd really like the idea of having the tesla premium being separated and valued by its own merit as I am not sure Elon can help himself.

I am just a small investor, but I am holding back till ER until elon shows he won't keep shooting tesla in the foot on twitter. I am sure the big funds are the same. This is not behavior of a ceo and requires caution.

Of course I am speaking as an investor already in and considering adding. As someone new, this might look like a good undervalued play. However, everyone who wants to invest should already be in the stock, if we want to move sp up, there need to be a new reason to attract new investors.

After a while the market will get used to Elon being Elon on Twitter and his tweets will not move the market as much anymore. Especially after Tesla starts showing profits quarter after quarter.

And then all institutions and private investors who are bailing now will try to get on board again, afraid to miss the ride to $1 trillion.

Maybe a small group of Apple fans buy because of that. That would make Apple a niche.

Most people buy Apple because of the superior user experience overall.

If it is then i

I don't think Tesla sells because it's superior. The bolt/volt are superior than a corolla but you don't see bolts flying off the lot. People likes to buy things that gives them an identity. The way Apple branded their products were about identifying the public as young, cool and modern while anything related to Microsoft or the pc were for geeks, dweebs, and nerds. Elon pretty much followed Apple's master plan when it comes to branding products.

Reactions: humbaba and MikeC
I'm not singling out Elon here too, everyone should delete their twitter. It's stupid. for real.

Joe Rogan and a bunch of his friends are doing Sober October, where they stay off pot & alcohol for the month. Any chance they could convince Elon to do a version where he stays off Twitter for the rest of the month?

Announcement with Saudi Arabia coming Oct 18!
الراقي on Twitter

Read the rest of the tweets. It doesn’t look like it has anything to do with Tesla private, probably more with a cooperation or factory in the energy storage sector. And the Saudi’s still seem to have their 5% stake.

The Twitter account claims the Saudis will buy another (?) 5% of TSLA and start constructing solar cell plants in the country. It also says Tesla will be allowed to have showrooms and own them as well. If true, i am sure this will be big news, but the account seems to have only 38 followers and 119 Tweets.

Any way we can confirm this is legit? Any of our members speak Arabic?

EDIT: Google translate shows (as good as it is from Arabic... who knows) the prince was just talking about already owning 5%.So the twitter account may be confused. This also seems to be coming from a Bloomberg interview so hopefully more will come from them directly soon.

Last edited:
Saudi Crown Prince reveals changing scope of Aramco IPO 

With Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, Public Investment Fund (PIF), purchasing shares in non-oil entities in an attempt to diversify the nation’s economy, Prince Mohamed offered an overview of its much heralded relationship with Tesla. The electric car company has seen its shares rise and fall in recent weeks as its CEO, Elon Musk reached a settlement with the US SEC over a breach of America's insider trading laws.

Prince Mohammed said he welcomed the introduction of new technology to the streets of Saudi Arabia.

“In one or two years we will have Tesla showrooms in Saudi Arabia. Now we have allowed 100 per cent ownership of foreign investments in Saudi Arabia so Tesla can open and own 100 per cent of their showrooms.”

Status
Not open for further replies.