Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you as a tsla supporter cannot explain clearly elon's frustration to your wife, imagine how the constant lies in the media would do to non tsla families. BTW, did your wife try to read and judge all the arrogance of the creators of her other favorite products?

People have such a high standard for a transparent guy who tries so hard to help them. But they have no standard for the enemies of human race who constantly poison the air and earth. No wonder it is easier for corporate to burn the world and reap the profit.
She thinks I'm a little nuts to continue to support Elon, to be honest.

This is exactly the reason I start to be angry about these so called die hard longs. They blamed elon's twitter for the fall from $350. They naively think if he does not twit then the defamation and slander would not exist. Shorts work hard to sabotage tsla, longs shout hard to blame elon. If they can use half of the energy they used to blame elon to work against the lies, the situation would be better.
Elon's refusal to settle and his recent SEC tweet were clearly the triggers for a $40 and $20 drop so why are you supporting his tweets? I don't think Elon understand the impact a drop from 350 to 260 in a matter of weeks has on average small investors. He said he did not care about day traders and that true long term investors would be OK - this showed that he had no appreciation of how hard it was on small investors. Some of us put 10, 20, 30 years worth of saving on tsla and when it drops from 350 to 260 that represents as much as 10 year's hardwork. For a middle class investor losing 10 year's saving would have a huge impact to his/her quality of life. Also, most middle class investors can't afford to put away a large chunk of net worth for 10 years waiting for loss to recover even if they have complete faith (kid going to college, medical emergencies, retirement, etc.) Elon's net worth could drop from 30B to 20B but his quality of life would never change.

I am not saying Elon doesn't care but I think he does not understand small investors. HyperChange and TeslaDailyPodcast both came out and appealed to Elon - I think they did us a great service. I also sent a letter to Elon via tsla ir - not that I expect him to read it but at least someone might compile the sentiments and provide feedback to him.

Last edited:
You know, shorts hadn't been saying that exact same thing every day since late spring / early summer, we might give it more credence.

I appreciate that thought, but it's the "market" that's giving it credence...

Q3 sales that everybody would pretty much agree, very good....
But, oddly, no forward guidance... None....
If it was ~good~ news, Elon would have tweeted it far and wide.... It's what he does...

And he didn't...

This is exactly the reason I start to be angry about these so called die hard longs. They blamed elon's twitter for the fall from $350. They naively think if he does not twit then the defamation and slander would not exist. Shorts work hard to sabotage tsla, longs shout hard to blame elon. If they can use half of the energy they used to blame elon to work against the lies, the situation would be better.
He is not blaming Elon. He says that Elon is close to losing control of the company if he continues in the same fashion, which might derail the mission.

I do not see any positive outcome from such tweets. It is a mistery to me why Elon would not make an example of someone illegally manipulating the stock and doing insider trading with his resources? This may cool down quite a few other manipulative heads(including the media). Just hire a lawyer, some financial geek, get help with reporting of suspicious activity from volunteers...I think these tweets are costing a lot more with no visible path to changes he might prefer to see.

I appreciate that thought, but it's the "market" that's giving it credence...

Q3 sales that everybody would pretty much agree, very good....
But, oddly, no forward guidance... None....
If it was ~good~ news, Elon would have tweeted it far and wide.... It's what he does...

And he didn't...
Hmm...new here...full of...how shall we say...negativity. Pulling the no demand lever won't get you very far I'm afraid.
There is a whole world that want's these car's....no lease deals..yet...most sales are high margin cars. Many many lever's to pull to stimulate demand...if need be.

No need yet...but carry on with you concern's.

Elon's refusal to settle and his recent SEC tweet were clearly the triggers for a $40 and $20 drop so why are you supporting his tweets? I don't think Elon understand the impact a drop from 350 to 260 in a matter of weeks has on average small investors. He said he did not care about day traders and that true long term investors would be OK - this showed that he had no appreciation of how hard it was on small investors. Some of us put 10, 20, 30 years worth of saving on tsla and when it drops from 350 to 260 that represents as much as 10 year's hardwork. For a middle class investor losing 10 year's saving would have a huge impact to his/her quality of life. Also, most middle class investors can't afford to put away a large chunk of net worth for 10 years waiting for loss to recover even if they have complete faith (kid going to college, medical emergencies, retirement, etc.) Elon's net worth could drop from 30B to 20B but his quality of life would never change.

I am not saying Elon doesn't care but I think he does not understand small investors. HyperChange and TeslaDailyPodcast both came out and appealed to Elon - I think they did a great service for us. I also sent a letter to Elon via tsla ir - not that I expect him to read it but at least someone might compile the sentiments and provide feedback to him.

Thanks for sending the letter. Give him some time, let him heal. He must be going through all the emotions right now. I don’t assume to know what he’s thinking, but if it were me, I’d be thinking “all the hours of hard work I’ve put into Tesla, and now they’re stripping me of my chairmanship because I was being honest...”

If he can somehow divert that anger into production and solving Tesla related problems then we’ll be ok. But one more tweet and I’m going to flip tables. C’mon Elon, get back to first principles, give us the Elon we’ve all come to love. We can barely recognize him from where we’re standing.

Hmm...new here...full of...how shall we say...negativity. Pulling the no demand lever won't get you very far I'm afraid.
There is a whole world that want's these car's....no lease deals..yet...most sales are high margin cars. Many many lever's to pull to stimulate demand...if need be.

No need yet...but carry on with you concern's.

I prefer to call it realistic... And I'm sure I didn't say "no" demand...
Just that the ~surge~ is winding down...

Pulling the many levers..... That's what Elon calls Q3...
That's done, my friend... :-/

But play on, playa.... I'm good..

I prefer to call it realistic... And I'm sure I didn't say "no" demand...
Just that the ~surge~ is winding down...

Pulling the many levers..... That's what Elon calls Q3...
That's done, my friend... :-/

But play on, playa.... I'm good..

4th qtr demand will be even crazier than the 3rd due to the US tax credit getting cut in half.

So was the market not "giving it credence" the other 150-200 days that shorts have been saying it, but this time it's for real?

I don't know what other shorts told you, or when... I'm sure it wasn't me though...
But yes, here, October 5th, I'm saying it now...
The reservation list is winding down, and now we're coming into the "steady-rate" demand...
As the tax credits wind down... Should be exciting!!

She thinks I'm a little nuts to continue to support Elon, to be honest.

Maybe we’re all nuts but won’t admit to it, kinda like Elon.. I kidd...
Not too long ago Lebron James was the most hated athlete in America for leaving Cleaveland, but he brought them a championship and all was forgiven. If Tesla is profitable, I can assure you we all will experience some very short term memory loss regarding 420 and twitter. Let’s hope Elon doesn’t pop on your wive’s radar anymore.

No, they truly don't. Ironically, was there any greater gambler than Elon and Tesla? Yet, enthusiastic longs who bet heavily on Tesla over the past year have gotten one heck of a pie in the face. It's a cautionary tale, no doubt.

Depends on what your definition of a “long “ is. One year out of several is really quite meaningless.

It seems that Elon's behavior has been very polarizing of late, and the younger generation doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as others. We are in our 40s and have found Elon's behavior of late unfortunate.

I too am in my early 40’s. And honestly not that concerned what Elon has done, all things considered. He hasn’t been proven wrong. Should he have handled things differently? Sure. But still not proven wrong. Stock swings over these last few months is just because there are a lot of fickle people focusing on the wrong damn thing.

But play on, playa

1.jpg

I don't know what other shorts told you, or when

Check out Seeking Alpha on.... well, pretty much always.

But yes, here, October 5th, I'm saying it now...

I look forward to each subsequent time you show up to say the same thing.

Well, y'know, if you're an idiot. Or if you're intelligent, you use a frickin' train and have to build *1/10* as many tunnels, which *tends* to be *substantially* cheaper.

If Musk is planning to do these tunnels as for-profit ventures, he can't afford to spend ten times the cost he needs to for the same people-moving capacity. If he's planning to get taxpayer subsidies, that's different, of course, but in that case *I* don't want to pay 10 times as much as I need to in taxes, either.

To be clear about this, although I really like train travel, I'm realistic: there basically shouldn't be any trains in Idaho or in West Texas, because there aren't enough people there. Where there should be trains is underneath LA and SF and NYC and so on -- and tunneling can be done far better and cheaper than it is being done now, but nonsense about car tunnels and tiny vehicles is a distraction.
The following reminded me of the above conversation:
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 19.01.12.png

Notice that the last one is a LIE: I said I would leave at 3:40PM, which IS WHEN I WOULD LEAVE because THAT IS WHEN I GET OFF WORK, so arriving at 5:20PM means 1 HOUR 40 MINUTES, not the DEMOCRAT LIE of 1 hour 23 minutes!!!!!!

Also note that this is one way; going home via train would be additional. Going home would probably actually take about 1 hour by car, and Google claims 2 hours 32 minutes by train (the lie was 2 hours 29 minutes), and I'd arrive home 32 minutes past my bedtime without having had the ability to eat (since no stops along the way to buy food), and no time to shower or wash my clothes, AND no personal time, AND I could not get to work if I slept 8 hours. JUST NO!!!

OH NO: I just asked Google how to get to work Tuesday if by train. Google said I would HAVE TO LEAVE BEFORE I GOT HOME TO GET BACK TO WORK, AFTER HAVING NOT ATE, NOT SLEPT, NOT SHOWERED, AND I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU MAKE ME DO THIS. Uhhhhhhhh ..... TRAINS!?!?!?!?!?!?!? JUST NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Details: leave 6:13PM Monday to get to work at 9:06PM Monday for Tuesday start of work at 6:30AM. (IIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSAAAAAAANNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.