Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, just saw this know-it-all 200% confident uber bull become famous in the shorts circle. I thought he already gave up after he lost a ton few months back. Hopefully, he can manage the pain and doesn't lose another 30 years of his life savings.
I recall TMC esteemed member @DaveT even posted his interview like he is some trading genius.

View attachment 341251

Let this serve as a lesson for the uber bulls. It is an advice.

Like Charlie Munger says, the downfall of every man is the 3 L's:

Liquor, Ladies, and LEVERAGE

OMG, just saw this know-it-all 200% confident uber bull become famous in the shorts circle. I thought he already gave up after he lost a ton few months back. Hopefully, he can manage the pain and doesn't lose another 30 years of his life savings.
I recall TMC esteemed member @DaveT even posted his interview like he is some trading genius.

View attachment 341251

Let this serve as a lesson for the uber bulls and uber bears. It is an advice.

Why would you put anything more than a small percentage of your portfolio in such a volatile and controversial stock - long or short. Seems insane.

This is exactly the reason I start to be angry about these so called die hard longs. They blamed elon's twitter for the fall from $350. They naively think if he does not twit then the defamation and slander would not exist. Shorts work hard to sabotage tsla, longs shout hard to blame elon. If they can use half of the energy they used to blame elon to work against the lies, the situation would be better.

Agreed. I've been away for a bit while Tesla was ramping up over q1-q2, Been reading here again for the last two months.
These are really exciting times. Yes it hurts how much control the shorts STILL have at this point in the game, but I have to believe that's nearing an end and is the explanation to why they're attacking relentlessly. I'm a little surprised that 260 is even a possibility for TSLA but I see a lot of investors frustrated and wanting somebody to blame.

You have to realize Elons tweets would be a little different if the stock was trading in the 5-600's. He wants the best for us, his tweets weren't ideal to counter the damage being done by shorts but they were in response to being taunted and shorts trying to do a huge disservice to the world attempting to kill EV's once again. We have no idea how he's been threatened over the years and the life he leads. I guarantee you 99% of people would be happier with 1 mil in the bank than trying to fill Elon's shoes and have people lying about you and your company every single day.

I bought a bunch of calls as well on Monday and prior weeks, most of which are dead. I should've seen that the shorts still controlled the narrative until the next round of institutional buyers come in, and they will once they've determined Tesla has a promising future. It's basically inevitable by Q4. Really don't want to miss out on the mass exodus of the shorts. Their time will come and some of them will lose everything.

Elon, just hang in there. Probably feels like the attacks will never end but you're almost there. Longs, he's never done anything with intent to harm you or your portfolio. (except that one time he said Tesla was overvalued, maybe just honest to a fault) He clearly has a different opinion of valuation today and needs you on his side. Love the groups working towards prosecuting the shorts using insider trading etc. keep it up!

Don’t know about the veracity of those claims. The Saudis aren’t buying in at $420 per share but, IMO, they darn sure aren’t off the table.

There are a few good reasons. They can hedge their very undiversified economy against declining oil demand. They were lazy and printing money through their black gold and now they’ve gotten a wake up call that has them scared. When oil demand falls, and it will, the price of crude could plummet, but the Saudis would be ready to further electrify transportation.

The Saudis would absolutely create a glut of clean power through solar. I’ve never been to their country but I hear it’s hot, sunny and mostly full of nothing. :). They’re in a great position to sell cleaner power to a dozen or so nearby countries.

Saudi prince, “ELON! Love ya babe but why buy 10 million shares at $420 when we can get 16 million at $260. Mama Padma didn’t raise no dummy, bro...”

• Disagree
Reactions: alst
Here’s some perspective:

Netflix is down 15% from its high, and there could be more pain ahead

We hardly hear anything negative about Netflix bc their CEO doesn’t use twitter? Or is it because no one cares to attack Netflix? Or is it because Netflix isn’t a threat to any powerful entity? Why is Netflix down so hard? Is it because all FANG stocks are down, dragging Netflix with it?

Tesla is a very emotional stock, and Elon sure isn’t helping us right now. As I’be stated before, just stfu, and do work! That’s the best response to shorters, giving them nothing to work with... now that Tesla is doing well, shorts have shifted their attacks on Musk, they’re circling their wagons around him, unfortunately he’s taking the bait. Don’t do it Elon, don’t give them what they want. Your best response is to do what longs do here, ignore the bears. Use the ignore button, and use it often...

Last edited:
It's real. My wife is having 2nd thoughts about driving her model X now because of Elon, though she loves the car.
I know it's real but I always have trouble understanding this. They don't like Elon, do they like that fact about Apple's tight deadlines causing silicide in foxconn? What about the military invasions to secure the source of petrol?

Gas degrades. I guarantee you it can’t last 8 seasons.
Ok, The first year is critical to your survival. If you don't get away in timely fashion and learn how to forage and hunt successfully, it's over.
Angery American with his Going Home series will tell you not many will survive.

You do realize that Superchargers will be the feeding grounds for zombies? They don't need to stumble around looking for food, the food comes to them.

Not to derail the market action, which we know how it ended.

These are gamblers, Elon and Tesla owe no allegiance to anyone using TSLA stock to gamble.
No, they truly don't. Ironically, was there any greater gambler than Elon and Tesla? Yet, enthusiastic longs who bet heavily on Tesla over the past year have gotten one heck of a pie in the face. It's a cautionary tale, no doubt.

Trying for a ban making up lies?

Historic manufacturing growth, number 1 passenger car by revenue, worldwide charge infrastructure, historic demand, most capable driver assistance system, safest car in America.... are you in the upside down place?

Well, that 2+-year reservations list, that just got filled in about 4 months, is about to be done...
Think of it as traffic on Black Friday at Walmart, versus the traffic any typical Wednesday afternoon...
Congrats on getting through the Black Friday...
But now what? Demand for a $60k+ 4-door sedan just isn't that big of a market...
There's a ~reason~ the stock didn't go up after production numbers were announced.....
And sure, Elon's not helping......but.....it's more than just Elon...

Stock available to short is growing, so it's not like people are going wild with new shorting....
The large holders are becoming more and more concerned the growth story is whimpering out, and are selling...
Again, Elon's not helping, but, there's simply more supply of stock for sale, from people getting out of longs...

Not to even mention that the 2025 bonds are back down to their recent lows again....
At 85.367 as of Thursday... They'll be even a bit lower when Friday's quotes are posted...
Basically, bond traders are telling you they don't think those will be paid off at par 7-years from now...
There's a reason those bonds are called "junk" bonds...

Bond Factsheet - TSLA 5.300% 15Aug2025 Corp (USD) || bondsupermart

But, you go with all the things you mentioned...
Stock price on chart >>> lower on left - higher on right = Right-side up
Stock price on chart >>> higher on left - lower on right = Upside-down

So yes, guess I'm upside-down.... You're on to me... ;-)

Ok, The first year is critical to your survival. If you don't get away in timely fashion and learn how to forage and hunt successfully, it's over.
Angery American with his Going Home series will tell you not many will survive.

You do realize that Superchargers will be the feeding grounds for zombies? They don't need to stumble around looking for food, the food comes to them.

Not to derail the market action, which we know how it ended.
Actually to derail further...(it is a long weekend) the rule of three comes into play you know..... 3 minutes without air 3 days without water 3 weeks without food. So you only have to last for ...oh say 6 months to be safe...then plenty of food and water. And very few people.

Oh wait your talking about zombies...disregard and carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.