Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the thing about Citron and Andrew Left. This is one of the biggest defections we have ever had in the TSLA short world. He’s not just a TSLA short who’s become a TSLA long. Rather, he’s an ideological TSLA short with a large following who’s become a TSLA long. This is important to note, because it is exactly this kind of defection that is needed to mental the shorts. In a way, one of their leaders need to jump ship to the other side in order for others to do the same.

In war language, this is one of the top generals of the enemy who didn’t decide to commit suicide, but rather he decided to join the other side because he says the other side is going to win and it’s obvious.

More thoughts on this, DaveT on Chatstarter: "Has Andrew Left just started a mass exodus of..."
Meh. He’s not to be believed until he’s long TSLA for the next 10 years regardless of what Tesla does or does not do. Until then he’s a backstabbing piece of crap. He doesn’t even have any honor among thieves.
I think it could even be both. But I side with DaveT's explaination a bit more, since part of the short thesis has been that TSLA is going to fail, and the Model 3 shows that it will not.

Reactions: ZachShahan
Well, yes.

For some reason, I have a sort of generic professional admiration for skill, even when it's skill in thieving, lying, market manipulation, seizing power, or even being bloodsucking parasites. (The tricks of some ticks are so impressive.)

I don't know why, I just admire the professional competency, even when I condemn the morality. (I can admire Orban's tactical skill while condemning his, um, fascist dictatorship.) I suppose this is the same feeling that makes people watch heist movies? I like heist movies.
Yeah, I guess I would feel the same if I wasn't living here. o_O:p

Technically, they're in China. BYD, Geely, SAIC/Roewe, BAIC.

Yeppers. Though VW and BMW both have a chance of turning it around. Everyone else seems way too far behind...

A VW guy I talked to last week was similarly confused by BMW's (& Daimler's) approach of "electrifying" gasmobiles with small batteries (the weakest PHEVs on the planet). I thought that was interesting and funny. Agree that BMW seems to have taken a wrong turn, perhaps causing or caused by its electrification team leaving for China.

New Andrew Left coming up next on Bloomberg tv

0c4.gif

It’s not his analysis, though. It belongs mostly to Zach.

Haha, thanks for the smile and kindness, but it is clearly the argument of the enormous Tesla following that understands the company so well — perhaps no more potent than on this little forum thread. :)

Congrats on exploring, educating, advising, arguing, and turning Left. ;)

I admit I don't have the citation handy, but the last I saw from Audi was that they would begin producing units in 2019 if there was strong demand. Depending on how fast they can actually ramp production up, that seems to me deliveries in 2020 at the earliest.

But the Audi e-tron was what you were thinking of?

[edited to add: somehow missed you tossing in the e-golf (really? the one that sells in the double digits? that hardly seems relevant to, well, anything). The A3 is more notable than the eGolf, but barely so (they are on track to sell fewer units than last year). I do agree the M3 won't be breadcrumbs as it is the top selling EV, but it isn't european...]
VWUSA are simply having supply issues with the e-golf due to international sales going up significantly. But, VWAG has said they will build an E factory in NA in 2019 (not that it helps 2019 sales or 2020 much for that matter). but, the fact that so many cars in the VWAG are going to be using the same MEB platform for drivetrain, battery, motors, control systems tooling up a factory isn't anywhere near as difficult as for a new platform entirely. I think they plan to move all their NA E-golf and A3 e-tron production to NA soon.

By compelling, I mean many multiples of prior years sales. I could see VWAG getting north of 40K units sold in 2019. Remember, ANY manufacturer is going to have a significant cost advantage compared to Tesla come H119, and certainly H219. for an A3 etron and e-golf and an imported ID platform vehicle VWAG could be well positioned to significantly increase NA sales - and that's what I find compelling.

But, to further the overall point ISN'T THIS WHAT ELON WANTS!!??. Isn't their MISSION to "accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy and transport" Certainly he couldn't mean JUST for Tesla. It's simply not possible. But, proving the viability, affordability, scaleability, adoptability, isn't that the true goal?

Getting more companies onboard and moving in that direction, filling in the remainder of vehicle sales should prove that you lit a fire, you nurtured the growth and caught a whole forest aflame (okay, probably bad analogy here in Norcal - sorry folks)

Sorry, been off for a while due to trip to Brussels for EV conference there, but gotta love and gloat about this:

Tesla short seller reverses course, bullish on Tesla, and references CleanTechnica sales charts. :D

Short seller who is suing Tesla changes his mind: 'Tesla is destroying the competition'

Still suing Tesla. :p smh

But good to see some of these people waking up to the promise of Tesla and CNBC willing to publish about it.
Says the guy working for said "electric vehicle promotional website". :p

I don't know if it CNBC's ignorance or arrogance, but they did not even credit you. I can't help but feel a bit of smug arrogance by the way they classified Cleantechnica as a "promotional site". Not that you guys don't promote EVs, but this tries to ever so slightly discredit you as fan site.

Quick question,
Since we are above +10% does that trigger some sort of restriction on short trading? Just wondering how bad this could get for those ‘poor poor helpless’ shorts blindly following Citron in the past.

The circuit breaker for a rising/falling stock in the grouping of TSLA in the 9:45-3:35 time period is a 5% rise for more than 15 seconds relative to the 5 minute average. Outside that time range, but still normal market period, is 10%. Min halt of 5 minutes, max of 10 minutes.
Circuit Breaker

The up-tick rule is a 10% drop at any point during normal market hours relative to the previous day's closing price.

Not at all questioning any of that. But you’re living in dreamland if you think this guy will stay long from here on out. He’s a scumbag. He’ll go short again at some point, mark my words. His spots haven’t changed, he just put a coat on.

i don’t think anyone’s making him a hero. or at least they shouldn’t. and trust me, you know how i feel about these types. but i do agree with @DaveT its an important pivot in the face of the haters.

the thing is, with the detail he went into in his letter, he can’t just turn around once it hits 350 and say “time to short”. i mean he can do anything he wants, really.

but since he went into such detail about price target and eps and media slander campaign etc etc
he’d lose any credibility if he did that.

if he wasn’t just looking to swing he’d have said this isn’t a short for us at citron right now. but he didn’t say that.

that’s why this is important. he eviscerated the shorting theories, and he was one of them.

the street is a dirty business, but it’s the people that make it dirty. but isn’t that always the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.