Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The option to have USS OR High Fidelity is a bit odd, does that mean it mean it disables them when parking ??

Editorial note: This feature has now been added to vehicles with ultrasonic sensors (USS) and AMD processors (MCU 3). Under Controls > Autopilot, you now have a new option to continue using measurements with USS, or use the new high-fidelity park assist without measurements displayed.
Randomly responding to this one, right now I don't just want the rear facing cameras visible, I want the front facing pilar ones on the screen. We're at an AirBnb in Italy with very challenging parking. Precipice to one side, low stone wall the other, it's on a steep incline so going up, I have zero visibility of the front of the car and going forwards and down, similar, no real clue as to where the front corners of the car are against the objects.
The grey marshmallow world doesn't help here and the car just suggests STOP most of the time!
Give me the views please Elon! (Oh sorry, you're bored of cars now, doing rocket *sugar* instead)

Reactions: Rob_H and Pandinium
Randomly responding to this one, right now I don't just want the rear facing cameras visible, I want the front facing pilar ones on the screen. We're at an AirBnb in Italy with very challenging parking. Precipice to one side, low stone wall the other, it's on a steep incline so going up, I have zero visibility of the front of the car and going forwards and down, similar, no real clue as to where the front corners of the car are against the objects.
The grey marshmallow world doesn't help here and the car just suggests STOP most of the time!
Give me the views please Elon! (Oh sorry, you're bored of cars now, doing rocket *sugar* instead)
I've wanted that desperately for a while now. Until a recent update in Service has allowed to view (only while Parked), every single camera around the car, including the two pillar ones. (and later full Sentry on mobile if you pay for Premium connectivity)
While it will not help your particular case, I've seen that the angles are absolutely useless for tight parking and that might be the reason why they were never included in Park Assist. They are not facing forward, but rather completely to the side. FoV stops roughly before the side mirrors, so it won't catch anything before your wheels are kerbed or your front wings are already scratched.
Try it for yourself or refer to example videos such as this one (around 20s):

Only a front bumper camera would help in your situation, or what every other automaker has done for a while, putting the cameras at the bottom of the side mirrors to get a perfect 360/birdseye without any blindspots.

I've wanted that desperately for a while now. Until a recent update in Service has allowed to view (only while Parked), every single camera around the car, including the two pillar ones. (and later full Sentry on mobile if you pay for Premium connectivity)
While it will not help your particular case, I've seen that the angles are absolutely useless for tight parking and that might be the reason why they were never included in Park Assist. They are not facing forward, but rather completely to the side. FoV stops roughly before the side mirrors, so it won't catch anything before your wheels are kerbed or your front wings are already scratched.
Try it for yourself or refer to example videos such as this one (around 20s):

Only a front bumper camera would help in your situation, or what every other automaker has done for a while, putting the cameras at the bottom of the side mirrors to get a perfect 360/birdseye without any blindspots.
Yeah I know, I had a look on Sentry view on the phone. Given that I haven't yet got the Spring update, i'm just whinging about something else that I haven't got ;)
In my actual case here, a front bumper camera wouldn't be much use either as it's not the front but the front quarters/wheels that I want to know where they are. There's a brick wall about 2 rows high and a plant right in the turning/swing area and then some other 2 foot tall solar spot lights which are gagging to be mown over. :)
Having just today driven along a coast road with rock face one side and a bus coming the other way with a brick wall his side, I'd already got wing mirrors folded, the Summer update needs a setting for "MAKE CAR NARROWER".

Sounds like you really need a front facing camera and 360 view for that one. Not something I think Tesla will ever offer though maybe they'll do some pixel mapping onto the marshmallow world at some point which would be cool, that could help.

There are no "front facing pillar" cameras, never have been.

2024.14.5 is showing up on TeslaFi being sent out to a select few now

We had the update set to install overnight, but it had gone again before we went to bed 🙁

I’m sure it’s just trying to make me think I’m seeing things!
Teslafi say 4 but when you drill down there’s only 1 and that’s “ready to install”, and that’s a Cybertruck. The numbers don’t seem to tally unless they struggle when things get pulled

I sometimes wonder if they just spoof data to look like they’re getting the release when they see others getting it. So many people seem to long for breaking news, me included although I’m slowly getting bored and cynical about the whole thing

Teslafi say 4 but when you drill down there’s only 1 and that’s “ready to install”, and that’s a Cybertruck. The numbers don’t seem to tally unless they struggle when things get pulled
Actually the top table only shows the 'Pending' updates, that's indeed 1 Cybertruck.
But if you scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see the 4 Cybertrucks (down to the partial VIN#) that have the update already installed, which match the numbers.

I updated to 2024.14.3 a couple of days ago, its messed with my spotify. Whatever playlist I play, spotify ones, liked songs or custom one, it only plays the first song and then switches back to a podcast I listen to on and off. Its actually extremely annoying as I have to select another song every time and then it just does it again.

I have tried a 2 button reset but no luck, playing songs on spotify on my phone is the same as before.
M3H is anyone else is having the same issue.

I updated to 2024.14.3 a couple of days ago, its messed with my spotify. Whatever playlist I play, spotify ones, liked songs or custom one, it only plays the first song and then switches back to a podcast I listen to on and off. Its actually extremely annoying as I have to select another song every time and then it just does it again.

I have tried a 2 button reset but no luck, playing songs on spotify on my phone is the same as before.
M3H is anyone else is having the same issue.
I'm not sure if this helps or is even related but I have issues with Spotify similar to this when I use Alexa devices. So it may be an issue on Spotify side. Or it may not 🤔

Reactions: piffmunday