Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 24.6.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stealth M3 and did this update this am. TERRIBLE. NO AP or any visualization on screen, back up camera worked for about 5 seconds then black camera feeds. No cruise or lane keep. Basicly the car functions like an ICE car. Not to excited.

Downloaded 24.6.9 this morning. Sat inside reading the release notes, got out, shut the driver's door and walked away. To my amazement, it locked the doors... in my garage... at home. Got back in, looked to see if my profile showed exempt home from auto lock, and it was checked. So I got out again and walked away, and once more it locked the car.

Clearly they may have fixed a few bugs, but created at least one new one :(

Try re-setting your Home location.

Did you try the 2 button reboot?

Fred
I have done all three restarts. 2 button, 2 button and brake, the forced power shutdown. Today I'll try again since the car has slept over night with a charge. Fingers crossed. I have this issue with the last two updates and now getting PTSDTU (*T- to U-updates). I know Tesla is better then this. I have a mobile service appointment for this Tuesday so I will follow back.

Downloaded 24.6.9 this morning. Sat inside reading the release notes, got out, shut the driver's door and walked away. To my amazement, it locked the doors... in my garage... at home. Got back in, looked to see if my profile showed exempt home from auto lock, and it was checked. So I got out again and walked away, and once more it locked the car.

Clearly they may have fixed a few bugs, but created at least one new one :(
Check to see if according to the GPS if it is seeing your car actually in your garage. In other words, use the map view that shows the location of your car. My guess, is that according to this map, your car is mislocated because GPS occasionally loses correct positioning when car is asleep. When you drive around and return to your house, the GPS will correctly locate your car and this stay unlocked feature should work, but perhaps inconsistently.

I found the same issue sometimes happening with HomeLink. My garage door won't close when I leave home, if the GPS has me incorrectly located somewhere else. .

Received and installed this update early Saturday morning and just now got out to the car to do the re-boot. Only thing that was immediately different was that my USB drive refused to play because of my "internet connection" (???) I selected one of my FM favorites, which played fine, and then went back to the USB. No luck. So I unplugged the drive, waited for a couple of seconds (the USB option disappeared from the latest played list), plugged it back in, selected it and then it worked. Don't recall ever having to do this after an update before but everything looks normal. I'll be driving the car tonight for comet hunting and we'll see....

Just got 24.6.9 after being stuck at 20.17 for weeks.

What I observed is autopilot doing a lot phantom braking and freaking out quite often on local roads.

I noticed this today when I took the Tesla out, lotsa phantom braking when going through shadows (from trees).

But on the plus side, it seems that @Wennfred was right on correcting the autolock issue. I drove a several miles and when I returned, I parked it, walked away and no self locking chirp. Kudo's to Winnfred!!

And then I had corrective driving action take over when I was trying to get into a turning lane and there was nothing even around me..

Nya, nya! Did you properly signal your lane change intent? If you don't, it might try to rescue you from lane drift. It's hard having your cake and eating it too. Personally I don't mind, because I HAVE drifted on occasion. I've actually been impressed with how selective it is, especially at low speeds where crossing even a double yellow line might be a legitimate short term maneuver.

I was like WTF.....I would assume it was at the end of the update and doing a systems test and communication blitz to ensure everything is still checked out post install.
Has anyone stood near the car during one of these updates and watch the car do all this ??

No, but I looked out the window and saw Nicki drive off all excited one time. She came back after a while. There were stains of windshield wiper fluid, and some bits of potato chips on the floor. That's "crisps" I think in the UK. Maybe we're going to have a baby "Y" around here!