Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded USB hub with data and power for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for something similar to this, does anyone know of a similar product or guide for providing more power than the existing ports do?

My current setup is a taptes dual wireless charger for my phone, and a 1-to-2 usb splitter thing for the flash drive for dashcam. When playing cuphead, I unplug one of the two charging pads temporarily. That's been working decently well so far, but It'd be nice to have a more organized setup that also provides more USB ports for charging things (cables in the rear ports tend to get sheared off by my backpack, and are generally inconvenient), and more power to go with it (not just further sharing the existing ports), and Ideally a USB C port with power delivery (but that's not essential).

I'm potentially comfortable with a DIY solution if needed, as long as there's no major risk of damaging the car, and the final result looks decent, not resulting in a bigger tangle of cables than I have now. I do have a 3D printer to make a face-plate thing if needed.

Any suggestions for a product or guide to do what I want?

I was looking for something similar to this, does anyone know of a similar product or guide for providing more power than the existing ports do?

My current setup is a taptes dual wireless charger for my phone, and a 1-to-2 usb splitter thing for the flash drive for dashcam. When playing cuphead, I unplug one of the two charging pads temporarily. That's been working decently well so far, but It'd be nice to have a more organized setup that also provides more USB ports for charging things (cables in the rear ports tend to get sheared off by my backpack, and are generally inconvenient), and more power to go with it (not just further sharing the existing ports), and Ideally a USB C port with power delivery (but that's not essential).

I'm potentially comfortable with a DIY solution if needed, as long as there's no major risk of damaging the car, and the final result looks decent, not resulting in a bigger tangle of cables than I have now. I do have a 3D printer to make a face-plate thing if needed.

Any suggestions for a product or guide to do what I want?

Center console removal - Tesla Owners Online

you can easily replace the 12v USB QC outlet he added with a PD one instead, or just use a standard 12v outlet and a plug-in PD.

the one thing i would suggest if you go about adding the extra 12v outlets up front is to just pull the entire console (like you'll see later in that thread) rather than trying to yank just the cubby out. it's incredibly easy to pull the entire console.

i am actually considering doing something similar to this, except putting a 12v splitter outlet underneath the console and running the wires to the phone dock through a hole i already drilled for my portable XM radio, assuming i can fit the extra two wires through (not 100% sure on that). you could of course change the size of the hole if you want to go that route. here's a link to what i did when i pulled my console a few months ago:

installing satellite radio (or other aux input) via FM direct adapter - Tesla Owners Online

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod