Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will changes from the Y flow through to the 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Interior/exterior changes on what I assume are common parts between the vehicles
- USB-C rather than USB-A ports in rear (and presumably front)
- Chrome delete indoor handles
- Chrome delete on roof panel (slightly different shape on Y)

Do you think these will come to the 3 as permanent changes or options?
What production date?

it's entirely possible that the USB-C will start to be introduced with the 3 but I wouldn't expect the other changes to trickle down. the 3 has a "signature look" and changing it to anything else (other than a feature request) would probably "cheapen the brand".

i can speculate as good as the rest of them, but based on how little Tesla has changed ANY of their lineup, it would require a 3.2 refresh before you'd see anything new.

don't forget, the Y has other newer tech like the elimination of wiring harnesses.

Blackout treatment as part of the Performance package would be nice, but the window and mirror trim (and possibly the door handle assemblies) would be unique to Model 3 which complicates things at the factory. Fewer configuration options the better. Heck, on the body, the only thing differentiating the SR model from the Performance is the spoiler and rear badge (which streamlines production).