Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And what do the release notes say?
6t8Id7l_d.jpg

Closer inspection reveals that they also added the black arachnid wheels to the in car displays (dash and center console), Ive been waiting for a while for this change as it shows correctly on my phone for months but the car still showed 21" turbine wheels.

Also added was an opt out of data collection button in the settings.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_8489.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, I've 2017.36 since recent and one new bug that others also reported (here: Firmware 8.1) is that muted voice in the navigation would unmute. Not during a navigation but for the next one or the next day. Behavior not so predictable.
Can you check if your version also got this new "feature" ? Thanks
I have kept the Nav muted for the 5 years I've owned my Teslas. And today, for the first time, it unmuted twice. I recently DL'ed 2017.36.

I have kept the Nav muted for the 5 years I've owned my Teslas. And today, for the first time, it unmuted twice. I recently DL'ed 2017.36.

Currently I have my navigation muted and have had it that way for a while, I can test it on my next few drives I will use the navigation feature throughout the day tomorrow and report back..

Feels like most of us do indeed always mute navigation, so hopefully Tesla reverts back soon this "feature". Or already so in .38.

Thanks for testing.

Reactions: MMC-
Weird, I had the nav unmute after the 2017.36 update as well. Didn't think anything of it at the time, figured I had hit it by accident or something, but I wonder if the update is actually the cause. I will keep an eye on it.

I have always had the Nav voice on. I have accidentally turned down her volume when I was turning down the music and she started talking a few times, but immediately worked to turn her back up.

I guess maybe it has to do with the importance of music in your life. Some people seem to be happy with a Geo Metro, as long as it has a good sound system. I guess they get offended when somebody speaks while their tunes are playing. The sound system for me is just something I use when I'm bored.

I have always had the Nav voice on. I have accidentally turned down her volume when I was turning down the music and she started talking a few times, but immediately worked to turn her back up.

I guess maybe it has to do with the importance of music in your life. Some people seem to be happy with a Geo Metro, as long as it has a good sound system. I guess they get offended when somebody speaks while their tunes are playing. The sound system for me is just something I use when I'm bored.

Doesn’t necessarily have to do with music. Some people prefer silence in the cockpit. Some people use the voice guidance from Waze or some other nav system. In either case the built in voice guidance is a distraction.

Bruce.

Doesn’t necessarily have to do with music. Some people prefer silence in the cockpit. Some people use the voice guidance from Waze or some other nav system. In either case the built in voice guidance is a distraction.

Bruce.
My wife often naps when we're on a trip. I turn of as much of the noises as I can. If only I could silence the stupid, annoying, and (mostly) pointless) "bing-bong"/"bong-bing" autopilot on/off alerts, which are often followed by a sleepy "wha? what?" from the passenger seat.