Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"have seen many others complain that it only takes a few seconds of looking at the screen to trigger a nag."
That's correct. I like to look at the ego and other cars on the screen but I cannot look longer than 5 or 10 seconds. If I look longer than that I will see a camera nag. Also the nag happens more at night.
5-10 seconds is an eternity when driving. It takes, at most, 2 seconds to confirm anything critical while driving. This means checking your mirrors, seeing your speed, setting your speed in AP/FSD, etc.

Use the wheels and voice for most everything else. "Set temperature to 72 degrees" "Turn on wheel warmer" "Navigate to Best Buy on Main Street" "Take me home" "Take me to work", etc.

I wear sunglasses when I drive on very bright, sunny days. It is a bummer that I may not get the full benefit of "hands-free" during the summer.
Curious if late models with IR blasters can see through sunglasses and solve this. My 2021 MY does not have IR, so I'm interested in this. However, I also don't have wheel nags because I keep my hands on the wheel naturally, so it may not affect me.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Curious if late models with IR blasters can see through sunglasses and solve this. My 2021 MY does not have IR, so I'm interested in this. However, I also don't have wheel nags because I keep my hands on the wheel naturally, so it may not affect me.
My 22 MSLR with IR cabin camera cannot see my eyes with polarized sunglasses.

Just to pad my post count 🥴and make my 2¢ worth (actually worthless or even LESS) predictions. We will see by or before Tuesday morning:

• 24.14.7/12.3.9 bug update
  • 24.9.x/12.4 employee evidence
While almost everyone was proclaiming 12.4 would be on 24.12.x it looks like this guy kinda got it right. 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.15.18 PM.png

I posted about the problem in a previous post. Tesla is ad hoc trying to use a cabin facing camera and off axis IR transmitters. A detected Eye Tracker like Ford has shoots IR straight into your pupils and reflects off your iris and back to the detected camera in the middle. Ford's system could track your eyes through welder's glasses.:cool:

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 7.15.13 PM.png

5-10 seconds is an eternity when driving. It takes, at most, 2 seconds to confirm anything critical while driving. This means checking your mirrors, seeing your speed, setting your speed in AP/FSD, etc.

Use the wheels and voice for most everything else. "Set temperature to 72 degrees" "Turn on wheel warmer" "Navigate to Best Buy on Main Street" "Take me home" "Take me to work", etc.
I was built that way.

Will the 2024.14 updates stop rolling out now in place of 2024.9? How do they decide who gets which update

Only cars with paid FSD get 2024.9?
That would be my guess. Did any FSD subscribers/owners get moved from 3.25 to 14.6 last week? I’m guessing not. They started moving some 3.25 cars to 14.6 (before it was stopped for serious bugs) but I’d guess those were people who had the trial and then never subscribed afterwards. If one is on 3.25 and wants to try 12.4 then I’d advise subscribing now so they put you on 9.5 and not 14.7.

I must be chosen for 2024.9 because I would have had .14 by now
Very few people moved off of 3.25 to 14.6 last week. At least percentage wise based on TeslaFi stats. Most were going from 8.9 to 14.6 and getting their free trial of 12.3.6.
So still being on 3.25 doesn’t mean much right now. Over 50% of the North American fleet is still on 3.25.

Maybe. .14 was paused due to a bug. It seems that the .3 branch is mostly the old testing group, with some new members.
This is also mostly speculation on my part, but think they might group us in part based on how "well" we use FSD based on the frequency and usefulness of voice memos on disengagements. No doubt there are many algorithms grading what you send as feedback to dump the nonsense such as "thanks for the ride" or others that are screaming and cursing at the car. On that front I'd love to see a greatest hits compilation set to music of those who are the most pissed off one day. Would make for superior entertainment. Song suggestions anyone?

By putting brand new releases into the hands of those with the most experience or who will provide the most useful feedback, they in theory can identify issues faster which ultimately speeds things up the broader rollout to others. It also could be completely random, but think Tesla is way too smart for that.

This is also mostly speculation on my part, but think they might group us in part based on how "well" we use FSD based on the frequency and usefulness of voice memos on disengagements. No doubt there are many algorithms grading what you send as feedback to dump the nonsense such as "thanks for the ride" or others that are screaming and cursing at the car. On that front I'd love to see a greatest hits compilation set to music of those who are the most pissed off one day. Would make for superior entertainment. Song suggestions anyone?

By putting brand new releases into the hands of those with the most experience or who will provide the most useful feedback, they in theory can identify issues faster which ultimately speeds things up the broader rollout to others. It also could be completely random, but think Tesla is way too smart for that.
No.

The feedback is too all over the place with a poll that took place on FB. Most, in the early testing group, said they rarely if ever leave feedback. I rarely do, unless it's completely new and/or egregious.

No.

The feedback is too all over the place with a poll that took place on FB. Most, in the early testing group, said they rarely if ever leave feedback. I rarely do, unless it's completely new and/or egregious.
It will be the same order of the rollout since V12 started being pushed to us.
It has been very consistent.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
Very few people moved off of 3.25 to 14.6 last week. At least percentage wise based on TeslaFi stats. Most were going from 8.9 to 14.6 and getting their free trial of 12.3.6.
So still being on 3.25 doesn’t mean much right now. Over 50% of the North American fleet is still on 3.25.
Right - When I transferred FSD from my 3 to my Y, the 3 got the latest update within a few days. I did email them asking to stay in the test group, obviously with no human response and when the Y got 2024.2.7 I thought it was on track to get the latest as well.
Happily for me the Y ended up getting 2024.3.x branch and has stayed there ever since, I can live with the older base firmware to get to play with the latest FSD.