Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am frankly shocked by how stunningly ugly the Cybertruck is

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw one in person yesterday for the 1st time. I have to admit, I think it looks worse in person than in the pictures for some reason. I have no issues with the use of stainless, like on a Delorean. However, the sheer size of the panels make it look too much like a Frigidaire. Either way, the interior & function cutting killed it for me. Within that price range, a Hummer EV or a Silverado RST is the way to go IMO, and at a lower cost.

Nothing I mean nothing beats an S off road. Like why even think of a Cybertruck.
PXL_20210628_233313892.MP~2.jpg

Unless one doesn't do anything with your hands, or ones nose is stuck so high in the air you can barely breathe. Then just whine and complain about something that really doesn't want you driving it either.

The front is absolutely positively great to look at, so is the side front 2/3rds. Past that the rear looks fugly, IMHO they should have softened the corners at the back with some hard plastic trims, would have also helped a lot with parking lot accidents instead of having to replace entire panels.

I saw one in person yesterday for the 1st time. I have to admit, I think it looks worse in person than in the pictures for some reason. I have no issues with the use of stainless, like on a Delorean. However, the sheer size of the panels make it look too much like a Frigidaire. Either way, the interior & function cutting killed it for me. Within that price range, a Hummer EV or a Silverado RST is the way to go IMO, and at a lower cost.
I saw one in person for the first time last week in the showroom and sat in it. I liked it. Hopefully next year the prices come down a bit and some kinks get worked out.

Saw an adult son and father looking at it. They acted disinterested in it. As the father was walking away, I heard him say to his son quietly, “*sigh* I want one”.

i've seen some different wraps that make the CT look awesome, saw one on youtube a few days ago but can't find the vid now, it was wrapped like an old fighter plane.

just saw this one on FB, Halo wrap

View attachment 1048651

Pretty insane these days what they can do. Great canvas.

I've seen a few on the road and in parking lots now. First off, I'm happy my lovely x is no longer considered the most ugly tesla!

But joking aside, I can't make up my mind on this car. I think it's the ugliest when you see it up close at a parking lot. When you see it on the road, especially traveling the opposite direction on the interstate, it looks like a movie prop but also doesn't have the road presence of a truck. I'm still unsure about how the cybertruck will look when after it becomes a daily sighting. The positive attention grabbing experience so many cybertruck owners enjoy now may flip, becoming associated with negative attention seeking. I'm still pretty happy to ride this one out on the sidelines for the time being. Especially while all the kinks are worked out.

I've seen a few on the road and in parking lots now. First off, I'm happy my lovely x is no longer considered the most ugly tesla!

But joking aside, I can't make up my mind on this car. I think it's the ugliest when you see it up close at a parking lot. When you see it on the road, especially traveling the opposite direction on the interstate, it looks like a movie prop but also doesn't have the road presence of a truck. I'm still unsure about how the cybertruck will look when after it becomes a daily sighting. The positive attention grabbing experience so many cybertruck owners enjoy now may flip, becoming associated with negative attention seeking. I'm still pretty happy to ride this one out on the sidelines for the time being. Especially while all the kinks are worked out.

It’s just the back that’s atrocious. From far the front and side view is unique. As you get closer you start noticing all the flaws.

Owners will tell you it’s perfect and the best they’ve ever driven. They have no choice, they are already $50k under if financing or will have a hard time selling this for more than $100k.

Reactions: terranx
The look is due to the function.
Cybertruck was designed to not need a body stamping plant or paint booth. Both are hugely expensive, take up a lot of manufacturing floor space, use a lot of material and energy. Simply take a roll of stainless steel, cut out panels and fold along straight lines is a brake. Designed to not easily scratch and capable of going off road, in narrow lanes without finish damage. Able to take significant impacts without damage and be inexpensive, simple and quick to replace panels. Painting of bodies is hugely expensive and environmentally a disaster. Takes a ton of energy to filter out all the paint contaminates from the water walls. People do not need to run paint guns, wearing environmental bunny suits or employ expensive and hard to maintain paint robots.
The look is different. The beauty is in the functionality of the design.