Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do people even bother watching it. We know that it always changes and basically can change at any time right up until a few days to go.

Only makes it harder on yourselves lol
Because I sold my second car based on Tesla's early EDD. It does make sense to rely on a "corporation's" EDD, but I didn't know that Tesla acts like a startup company. I understand that they provide an "estimate", but the degree of error here is about 700%. That is not an estimate....that is a total failure.

Because I sold my second car based on Tesla's early EDD. It does make sense to rely on a "corporation's" EDD, but I didn't know that Tesla acts like a startup company. I understand that they provide an "estimate", but the degree of error here is about 700%. That is not an estimate....that is a total failure.
My Audi RS3 estimate changed 4 times and varied by 3 months when I bought it new a few years ago. Except it was worse because they didn't bother to tell me and I had to follow it up a million times.

I feel like Tesla get's overly criticized not because it does things differently, but because they do everything with full transparency. I should also point out that EDD means Estimated, not it will be delivered on this day. By your Logic my Audi was 2000% different. Which is meaningless.

The lesson here is, don't sell a car until you have a actual delivery day.

I think a simple text from Tesla, such as "your order is delayed due to production issues with the white interior" would go a long way to alleviate people's frustration. Shouldn't be hard to do for a tech company like Tesla. And it would give customers an opportunity to change their configuration if they didn't want to wait. :)
They pretty much are though in their own way. They're not explicity stating in the text that it's the white interior that's delaying the order, but it obviously is. I've gotten multiple texts to "change my configuration to receive a vehicle earlier".

you nailed it. tesla makes great cars but i also experienced my worst car buying experience ever.

I think a simple text from Tesla, such as "your order is delayed due to production issues with the white interior" would go a long way to alleviate people's frustration. Shouldn't be hard to do for a tech company like Tesla. And it would give customers an opportunity to change their configuration if they didn't want to wait. :)
It is beyond me how some individuals defend this behavior!! …

Has anyone gotten a definitive answer to why the white interior cars are delayed? I can't believe it's the material since China is building the cars with white int. I've heard about production delays, but hell, it's been almost 6 months since they started to produce the new M3. You have to hand it to Tesla, they can keep a secret better than Apple!! 🧐

Did they up the price of the white interior again? Showing $2000 now.
And it's free on the Performance version??? Apparently their EDD monkey has taken over pricing strategy too!
1715918908807.png