Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful - I read the code section and it says bus credit equal to excess EV cost to ICE equivalent. M3P is cheaper than other 2.9 to 60 cars so as I read it not even partial business credit, let alone 7500.
From the IRS site. Instructions for Form 8936 (2023) | Internal Revenue Service - Under

Qualified Commercial Clean Vehicle Credit​

Credit amount. Generally, the credit amount for each qualified commercial clean vehicle is equal to the lesser of:
15% of the basis of the vehicle (30% for a vehicle not powered by a gasoline or diesel internal combustion engine), or
The incremental cost of the vehicle.
Incremental cost. The incremental cost of any qualified commercial clean vehicle is an amount equal to the excess of the purchase price for the vehicle over the price of a comparable vehicle. A comparable vehicle is a vehicle powered solely by a gasoline or diesel internal combustion engine and which is comparable in size and use to such vehicle.
So there's no mention of trim level or power here. It's so open to interpretation, and this probably deserves a separate thread. But when I have my tax person file this, I'll simply use the 2024 Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD as the comparison car, which is similar in size and 'use' (it's a sedan). I'm not sure the IRS has the time, resources or motivation to get in an argument about this, when there's no clearer definition than 'comparable size and use'. Please note, I'm neither a tax professional or attorney. I did ask my tax person to flag if they saw an issue with me using this to get a red/white M3P.

• Funny
Reactions: cptnslo
Frustrating part to me, I ordered within the first hour of availability and chose the black interior because looking at all the frustrated LR orders with White interior being pushed back for months. I thought (clearly wrong) ordering the black interior would speed up my delivery time. Just checked and I’ve been on the EDD of May 28 thru June for several days.
I have the exact same time frame as you and my order number is very close to yours. We just have to be patient.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
So if you order a new M3P right now, it has a delivery estimate of June. Yet, my black/black M3P that I ordered two weeks ago is just sitting on a "July" delivery estimate. Mind boggling.
The “June” estimate is to get customers to commit to the $250 reservation. Everyone who’s been following the M3P saga knows that orders today will likely have deliveries happen beyond that.

Ordered day of, gray with white, and my EDD, just shifted from May 16th - June 13th, to May 29th - June 26th 😭
This would seem to indicate they are starting a batch of black interiors now. My may 25th to June 22nd estimate for a black interior hasn't changed but you went from in front of me to behind which makes me think you're in batch two of white and the next batch of black is starting.

This would seem to indicate they are starting a batch of black interiors now. My may 25th to June 22nd estimate for a black interior hasn't changed but you went from in front of me to behind which makes me think you're in batch two of white and the next batch of black is starting.
I think you may be right. I ordered day one sg/blk and edd went from June then two weeks ago changed to may 23rd to June 20th and has been holding steady.