Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request - Rear window seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Could someone please post a pic of their rear window seal, the seal thats on the window that seals between rear of boot and rear window?

As per the pic attached, mine has been trimmed on both sides by varying amounts, on one side theres no seal and I can see the boot strut through the gap. Pictured is the better side.

Much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5935 copy.jpg
    IMG_5935 copy.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 5
Model 3?

Yes, many thanks for the helpful reply

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please post a pic of their rear window seal, the seal thats on the window that seals between rear of boot and rear window?

As per the pic attached, mine has been trimmed on both sides by varying amounts, on one side theres no seal and I can see the boot strut through the gap. Pictured is the better side.

Much appreciated
Mine look like that too.
I’ll clean the car one day I promise!
IMG_0380.jpeg
IMG_0379.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: carnutt
It's normal.

The cut is there so that the powered strut doesn't rub up against it when the boot opens and closes and ultimately tear it anyway.

The car wasn't originally designed to have a powered boot, the system that exists on the pre-Highland car was a workaround, responding to customer demand. Powered boots became expected on cars of that kind of value.

So yeah, nothing to worry about.

Last edited: