Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could have sworn there was a way to fold/unfold the wing mirrors manually before, now I cannot find it.

Was it my imagination, if it wasn’t, anyone know where it has moved to?

Didn’t see an obvious way from the Control - Mirrors menu, just a way to turn the auto fold on/off.
Press the car icon, then it's about half way down the screen towards the left

Assume you are referring to the mirrors menu. I can find that OK, but how do you manually fold the mirrors from that menu? It allows you to adjust them, but not fold them?
74FF0987-9856-4A8E-929D-3A5771FA4EA7.jpeg

Seeing that picture reminds me of another UI fail, although not exclusive to V11 - why wouldn't have have the left wheel control the left mirror and the right wheel control the right mirror? Possibly not so bad on a LHD vehicles as you thumb can remain on the wheel whilst the other hand selects left or right, but on a RHD vehicle you having to take your hand away from the control to switch.

Reactions: JupiterMan
Seeing that picture reminds me of another UI fail, although not exclusive to V11 - why wouldn't have have the left wheel control the left mirror and the right wheel control the right mirror? Possibly not so bad on a LHD vehicles as you thumb can remain on the wheel whilst the other hand selects left or right, but on a RHD vehicle you having to take your hand away from the control to switch.
For info, pressing the left wheel when adjusting mirrors toggles the left/right mirror to control.

Press the car icon ( Controls) and it is the first icon on the second row.
Thanks, I am sure that icon had no label or was greyed out until the software update I did today.

Only reason I wanted to use it was when my mirrors froze closed the other day and I wanted to try moving them when I was at traffic lights and I couldn’t find the button. Had to stop, get out and lock/unlock to get them to move

The light controls really are a mess now. You either have to go into a menu underneath the vehicle screen, or else needlessly flash the lights to pull up the quick lights panel. I've never understood why the light indicators on the top right of the car visualisation panel (top left in RoW) can't also function as control buttons. That would be a very nice solution to the problem.

The light controls really are a mess now. You either have to go into a menu underneath the vehicle screen, or else needlessly flash the lights to pull up the quick lights panel. I've never understood why the light indicators on the top right of the car visualisation panel (top left in RoW) can't also function as control buttons. That would be a very nice solution to the problem.
Indeed. Would make use of all that white space.

Reactions: Alistairuk
There are weird regulations around indicator lights, for example how they all come on before you enable drive (so you know if a bulb failed).

I could have sworn there was a way to fold/unfold the wing mirrors manually before, now I cannot find it.

Was it my imagination, if it wasn’t, anyone know where it has moved to?

Didn’t see an obvious way from the Control - Mirrors menu, just a way to turn the auto fold on/off.
Actually, folding/unfolding the mirrors is one of the few voice commands that (almost) always works!

Having had v11 for a couple of weeks now, it’s clear that you do get mostly used to it... my BIG issue is safety and not being distracted. I know the M3 has a great NCAP rating, but I’d rather not be distracted by going through many menus and screen presses and end up putting this to the test. One of the quickest workarounds would be to enhance voice control. If you can say “play Bullseye theme” (good ol’ Jim Bowen....) and the iconic tune suddenly comes through the speakers, how difficult can it be to get “fog lights on” to turn on a fog light? I think Tesla over rely on software programmers rather than real-world drivers and maybe they don’t put much emphasis on regional feedback either, which they should do as a global vehicle supplier.

Reactions: skateboarder
One irritant I've noticed is that seems impossible in reverse to have the RHS mirror un dipped and the LHS mirror dipped!
Adjusting the mirrors suggests this is possible, but when deleting mirror dip on the RHS mirror the LHS one also dips.

As to David T's comment, if Tesla's software programmers are in NA and India few of them will be drivers, as we Europeans understand driving...