Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder when trial FSD expires, if anyone have their enhanced AP back properly?

I have EAP and my trial is over. It went right back to EAP at the end of the trial. One person in a FB group I am in says they experienced issues going back to just AP, but that's about all I have heard. Since I haven't read a lot of complaints, I am guessing it is mostly okay.

While there is no empirical data to support it, I am a firm believer that a Touchscreen Reset* after every update (or in this case, "downdate") is a good precautionary step. I'm sure in most cases, it was unnecessary, but I never get the weird quirks others report (and are usually cleared up by a Touchscreen Reset).
*Touchscreen reset is the official name of the double thumbwheel reset. And adding the brake peddle does nothing - one of those persistent urban myths

Last edited:
When the update for 14.6 popped up on the sceen, I skipped it in order to avoid any incovenience due to busy week at work. However, the update's just suddenly gone away this morning. The pop-up notice does not appear any more. I tried to reboot by holding down both bottons on the wheel, but no luck. Any idea?
My friend delayed his last weekend as he was out of town and it went away after a couple days. He put in a ticket to support and of course they couldn't do anything but told him with no activity on the car the update may be pulled and should go to him again later.

That said, I also noticed that the numbers on TeslaFi have dropped off a cliff late yesterday and now today. So I have a feeling 14.6 is being replaced with a new version after some bugs were found. That could be another reason they pulled it off your car before you could install it.

Reactions: doccho
When the update for 14.6 popped up on the sceen, I skipped it in order to avoid any incovenience due to busy week at work. However, the update's just suddenly gone away this morning. The pop-up notice does not appear any more. I tried to reboot by holding down both bottons on the wheel, but no luck. Any idea?
It doesn't help you now, but I bet if you had scheduled it to install later at a specific time it wouldn't have gone away. I always use the schedule option if I'm too busy to install right away and never had the new firmware disappear.

Reactions: doccho