Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a lot of the free trials ending I wonder what update Tesla will push onto us next. They bombarded the USS fleet with 2024.3.25 yesterday...maybe so they could have one day to try the Vision Park Assist before the trial ends??
Will they keep our trial cars on 3.X? That would make sense for the short term in case anyone really wants to buy/subscribe after the trial.
Will they start pushing 8.9 to us to get the few new features that 8.9 has over 3.X? That would put any new FSD buyers/subs back on V11.

I'd guess they will keep us on 3.X until 14.X is ready as I assume 14.X will have V12 FSD and will go out to all the 3.X and 8.X people. Hopefully giving the 8.X people there 30day trial at that point.
Even without FSD subscription active, the software still has FSD bundled within it so the car cannot “update” to a newer software version but with a lower FSD version. So it won’t go to 2024.8.x. It remains to be seen if 2024.14.x with the updated UI will include FSD v12 but it doesn’t seem like it so far. At least not this initial version that just started being pushed.

They probably strategically pushed 2024.3.25 with the new vision park assist/autopark features now that it’s near the end of most of the FSD trials to entice people to subscribe and try them out longer.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Even without FSD subscription active, the software still has FSD bundled within it so the car cannot “update” to a newer software version but with a lower FSD version. So it won’t go to 2024.8.x. It remains to be seen if 2024.14.x with the updated UI will include FSD v12 but it doesn’t seem like it so far. At least not this initial version that just started being pushed.

They probably strategically pushed 2024.3.25 with the new vision park assist/autopark features now that it’s near the end of most of the FSD trials to entice people to subscribe and try them out longer.
Yeah I guess that makes sense.
So far all the 14.3 have come from 8.9 on TeslaFi.
But, the odd thing I see in the TeslaFi data is that 4 cars went from 8.9 down to 3.15 or 3.20. Maybe the data is just messed up or maybe special cases?

TeslaFi isn't listing the FSD version on 14.3 yet but they usually take a few days (or more) to list FSD versions. Has anyone confirmed what FSD is on 14.3?

Notwithstanding FSD12 going to the 2024.14 or later branch, impatiently waiting for FSD12 to catch up to the 2024.8 branch that I am currently on. Have done this once before--seems like the only option is to keep denying the current branch updates until I know the next version has FSD12, then subscribe. Has anything changed?

Notwithstanding FSD12 going to the 2024.14 or later branch, impatiently waiting for FSD12 to catch up to the 2024.8 branch that I am currently on. Have done this once before--seems like the only option is to keep denying the current branch updates until I know the next version has FSD12, then subscribe. Has anything changed?
Not that I know of. It's beyond ridiculous at this point..my car has HW3 and MCU2. I see tons of other cars with the same that have the update
Ridiculous

Reactions: snovvman
Sorry if this has been asked and answered ad nauseum (especially if it's within this very very long thread) but I read through the thread in bits and don't have a clear answer.

Curiosity got the best of me so I signed up for the $99 FSD. I have a Model Y with 2024.8.9 and the FSD version is 11.4.9. I tried it once to go from my house to McDonald's a short 1.2 miles away and the car was utterly confused both there and back where I had to seriously intervene to avoid a car accident. The car decided to stop in the middle of the road, couldn't decide which lane to be in, tried crossing three lanes of traffic to make a left, etc...

Not exactly the performance I was expecting as it's effectively unusable on city streets for all of the reasons mentioned above and that was just 1.2 miles! Should I assume that FSD v12x is not going to be arriving in my car anytime soon? I signed up because I was under the impression it would activate the most recent version that people have been raving about vs. being stuck with a version from last year.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Sorry if this has been asked and answered ad nauseum (especially if it's within this very very long thread) but I read through the thread in bits and don't have a clear answer.

Curiosity got the best of me so I signed up for the $99 FSD. I have a Model Y with 2024.8.9 and the FSD version is 11.4.9. I tried it once to go from my house to McDonald's a short 1.2 miles away and the car was utterly confused both there and back where I had to seriously intervene to avoid a car accident. The car decided to stop in the middle of the road, couldn't decide which lane to be in, tried crossing three lanes of traffic to make a left, etc...

Not exactly the performance I was expecting as it's effectively unusable on city streets for all of the reasons mentioned above and that was just 1.2 miles! Should I assume that FSD v12x is not going to be arriving in my car anytime soon? I signed up because I was under the impression it would activate the most recent version that people have been raving about vs. being stuck with a version from last year.
This is a classic example of a Tesla/Elon Musk failure. Pure crap the way new FSD costumers are bait & switch/confused by total misinformation or NO information. There is no excuse why V12 hasn't replaced V11 in ALL software releases. Should have been a TOP priority 6 weeks ago.

As far as assuming when 12.x will arrive. I wouldn't because there is NO road map and any time line Elon says is worthless. Could be a week or two and start showing up in newer software or it could be next year. BUT it will NOT be "this week" like Elon said in March.

This is a classic example of a Tesla/Elon Musk failure. Pure crap the way new FSD costumers are bait & switch/confused by total misinformation or NO information. There is no excuse why V12 hasn't replaced V11 in ALL software releases. Should have been a TOP priority 6 weeks ago.

As far as assuming when 12.x will arrive. I wouldn't because there is NO road map and any time line Elon says is worthless. Could be a week or two and start showing up in newer software or it could be next year. BUT it will NOT be "this week" like Elon said in March.
I'm a shareholder and I'm voting NO on his stupid compensation thing because of this, **** him. Him declaring in earnings call all Tesla owners have access to FSD v12, and zero follow up to people on 2024.8.9 from anyone at Tesla after that, was final straw.

I'm a shareholder and I'm voting NO on his stupid compensation thing because of this, **** him. Him declaring in earnings call all Tesla owners have access to FSD v12, and zero follow up to people on 2024.8.9 from anyone at Tesla after that, was final straw.
I already did. I love what Elon DID for Tesla but he is a different person now and Tesla is different compony. I'm ready for a "Tim Cook" to take over and make Tesla really great and grand. That "Tim Cook" could be JB Strubel.

I signed up because I was under the impression it would activate the most recent version that people have been raving about vs. being stuck with a version from last year.
There were many posts saying you’ll just get 11.4.x if you subscribe, so not sure where you got that impression.

There is currently no way for your car to get FSD v12 because there is no version higher than 2024.8.9 that includes FSD v12.

But for the only "post" that matters for people who don't spend hours a day researching this minutia buried in these forums, and that being the words out of Elon's mouth. It would be nice to simply clarify this less than 100 characters on the order page but that would require them to disclose what you are and aren't getting before they do their $100 money grab x god knows how many orders that fell into this very trap.

The bottom line is, that that version they just passed off on me is absolute rubbish. Like I said in my OP, had it not been for me intervening to it's completely egregious and nonsensical maneuvers (or lack thereof) I'd likely be in the hospital right now.

The bottom line is, that that version they just passed off on me is absolute rubbish. Like I said in my OP, had it not been for me intervening to it's completely egregious and nonsensical maneuvers (or lack thereof) I'd likely be in the hospital right now.
That is pretty weak of Tesla. Especially since you paid for it.

I'm stuck on 8.9 and don't mind having to wait longer - provided I still get a free trial. But sure wish they would communicate something.

Reactions: CaptUAL
Let's hope for the best this time.

1715295021257.png