Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would, Tesla Sentry mode FTW. Actually I would like it if there were more M3 SR around to get more angles/footage of the potential vandalize situation you mention.

Do Lucid vehicles even have this security video recording capability? 👀

Covid mask and sunglasses.

Win is filling out police reports and insurance forms?

Lucid vehicles have 8 cameras per vehicle. The rest is software.

"Security mode" isn't rocket science.

Tesla/Elon has never said such a thing. I think they said they would start in Europe next year and eventually expand it to all countries. They never said anything about when it would expand.

Elon did say such a thing on twitter. That is Tesla's semi official account.

He responded to questions in the affirmative as Elon is want to do.

He did not write it out verbatim

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Looks like the Air Dream down adjust their specs from 1111HP to 1080HP

1080HP was the original spec for the Dream Edition.

Then they split into two editions. Dream Edition Range and Dream Edition Performance.

Range gets 933HP and Performance gets 1111HP.

Unless they changed things up again 4 days later.

Reactions: ccook
I haven’t heard how many stations will be opened up or have adapters. Like, only newly built ones? Only ones partly funded by subsidies? Every station? If pre-existing stations will be opened, how long will it take to get adapters (and labeling or signage for how non-Teslas should operate them) to all of them? I’m not yet sure the entire network will be opened up within the next year.

Elon did not get into the weeds on details.

In other words he never said what you claim.

He was asked will Tesla open up the Supercharger Network just in Germany or worldwide?

He answered "Worldwide"

He was asked will Tesla open up the network this year?

He answered "No"

He was asked will the Supercharger Network next year?

He answered "Yes"

He was asked will each individual CCS BEV owner have to buy their own adapter?

He answered "There will be an elegant solution."

In the main thread many were celebrating this as a brilliant marketing move. Being able to advertise directly to CCS BEV owners through the Tesla app and having Tesla owners sell CCS BEV owners on Tesla at the Supercharger stations.

In other words he did.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
He answered "Worldwide"

He was asked will Tesla open up the network this year?

He answered "No"

He was asked will the Supercharger Network next year?

He answered "Yes"

He was asked will each individual CCS BEV owner have to buy their own adapter?

He answered "There will be an elegant solution."
Of course, that isn't what he said:

There was no commitment, or even mention, of opening the network to all CCS vehicles in 2022.

Reactions: Big Earl and JRP3
Of course, that isn't what he said:

There was no commitment, or even mention, of opening the network to all CCS vehicles in 2022.

That isn't the exhaustive tweets on the subject.

There is he talking about opening up the network even sooner. This year.

This is getting into a debate about how many angels can dance on the head of pin. All/many/most CCS vehicles in 21, 22, or 23?

Fact is Tesla is giving up their walled garden charging network advantage.

For either the bigger goal of accelerating the transition to BEVs and/or to gain access to charging infrastructure incentives.

I remember him sayig elegant adapters would self-drive from factory to customers faster than bullets from a machine gun. I'll post a link if I can find it....

Looks like the Air Dream down adjust their specs from 1111HP to 1080HP
Official press release on their web site announces the R and P editions. It seems they haven't updated the product page yet, but their site is suddenly acting up on my browser so maybe it's there and I just can't see it.

Lucid is an odd one, not yet proven to be able to scale up production (their tech certainly is nice), but who are the customers?

Its almost certainly going to be better than the EQS but can they tempt buyers away from that and the S class etc?
if I was spending S (or really, its more like plaid) money, I would be looking to jump ship and try the new guy out.

new guy has something to prove. tesla stopped caring. they think they're too big for their britches and they act like it. service is worst in industry.

so I would definitely jump ship to the guy who has everything to prove. the old sweet days when T would bend over backwards to please a customer.

are you kidding me? why would you STAY given how tesla treats you? you'd have to love abuse..

lucid.PNG

hmm. should I buy in for shorterm gambling?

View attachment 703947
hmm. should I buy in for shorterm gambling?
First go on WSB and scream "The Saudis are dumping".

Saw it in the 15s briefly pre-market. Opened at 16.12. I still say these guys missed their window. Early adopters will mostly stick with Tesla and traditional lux will choose EQS (or Taycan/e-tron GT for performance). That leaves early adopters who hate Musk, not a tiny group but only enough to get Lucid out of the gate. I can't see Rawlinson generating enough buzz for follow-through.

Rivian is in far better shape. They also have good engineering, but are first to market with nifty innovations. And they're targeting a great segment. Even the goofy headlights might help create some buzz, though I'd personally have to hide that whole front end behind a brush guard or something.

Reactions: mltv
First go on WSB and scream "The Saudis are dumping".

Saw it in the 15s briefly pre-market. Opened at 16.12. I still say these guys missed their window. Early adopters will mostly stick with Tesla and traditional lux will choose EQS (or Taycan/e-tron GT for performance). That leaves early adopters who hate Musk, not a tiny group but only enough to get Lucid out of the gate. I can't see Rawlinson generating enough buzz for follow-through.

Rivian is in far better shape. They also have good engineering, but are first to market with nifty innovations. And they're targeting a great segment. Even the goofy headlights might help create some buzz, though I'd personally have to hide that whole front end behind a brush guard or something.
I have open an order a $16. Probably will not hit. I would feel better if I buy under $15. Currently, LCID and Rivian have not produce anything yet so their valuation is too high for me. Especially Rivian. I prefer to buy NIO, XPEV, or LI but I worry about the Chinese gov - I don't know what I own if I buy their stock.