Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone is being particularly egregious, I never like to attack the person but rather attack ideas.

But man.. there is a level of obtuseness that I can't fathom. There is some mental block, condition, irrational contempt that I just can't explain for a public figure that has never harmed x subject personally.

Almost makes me want to go into psychology so I can explore these concepts.

It's like how does 99 people in a room see something obvious but, 1 person sees something else. And the 99 people are quite certain, the outlier is not being an out of the box genius.

I'll send you 50 cents to help fund your academic dreams. Then I can add to my "family's helped" count for the year in my quest to catch Elon.

I'd like to know this too. It's hard for me to imagine any good-faith scenario where I'd want to spend my time participating on a forum of a brand I seem to seriously dislike.

THIS! This is the most important thing to discover. The motive of the poster. Let us spend hours trying to sleuth around, find this out.
When some folks are cornered and can't argue the points, theytake the easiest escape route of attacking the character and motive of the other people. Good job!

But let me digress a bit to make the thread a little more informative. Vern has since spoken more about his situation.
British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments
Unsworth said he hadn't flatly denied Musk's accusation because he was waiting for legal advice.

Asked why he thought Musk would make such a comment about him, he said: "I don't know."

A police officer in the Chiang Rai, where Unsworth has lived for seven years, said that no charges or complaints had ever been filed against Unsworth. The officer declined to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media.

FAMILY UPSET
Unsworth, 63, said he hadn't actually met Musk face to face when Musk visited the cave during the rescue.
He said he felt sorry that the squabble with Musk had detracted from the successful end to the rescue mission.

"It's taken a bit of the pleasure out of what's happened, what we've achieved, for me anyway," he said, adding that it had upset his ex-wife and daughter back in Britain. "It's very much upset my daughter," the caver said, his voice breaking.
Unsworth was the first foreigner called to the Tham Luang cave in northern Thailand after relatives noticed the boys had not come out after setting out to explore the cave complex on June 23 following soccer practice.

He said he has lost count of how many times he has been inside the 10-km (6-mile) long Tham Luang cave.

"It has been my third home for the past six years," he said.

Two British divers who were asked by Unsworth to join the mission were the first to discover the boys.

Unsworth said he brought his knowledge about the cave to the rescue mission but added that he "no idea" what the diving conditions were like because he is not a cave diver.

Last edited:
THIS! This is the most important thing to discover. The motive of the poster. Let us spend hours trying to sleuth around, find this out.
When some folks are cornered and can't argue the points, theytake the easiest escape route of attacking the character and motive of the other people. Good job!

But let me digress a bit to make the thread a little more informative. Vern has since spoken more about his situation.
British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

It's pretty obvious that lawyers were going to make first contact.

They smelled the blood in the water, and they want their cut.

I personally don't think it's really sue worthy in itself. Sure it was massively insulting to him, and to Thailand as a whole. The reason it was such a low blow was that's what most everyone automatically thinks when they hear about some oldish white expat living in Thailand. But, it's not like people actually believe it to be true because Elon said it.

The real danger of the tweet was Elon supporters interpreting that as a call to arms to go after the guy to try to dig some dirt up on him. I could definitely see involving lawyers if he does indeed get harassed. At this point though 99.9% of the damage seems to be done to Elon himself.

So I'm really surprised that Elon hasn't made any attempt to apologize. At the very least to make sure his supporters don't do anything stupid.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
You don’t hold certain people to higher standards? Anyway, my standards don’t matter. In this case, the rules of defamation apply equally to Elon as to anyone else.

No. Everyone is responsible for holding themselves to their own standard. I then choose to involve myself with or avoid based on those individual standards.

And I’m the wrong person to talk about black and white rules or rules in general.

He should not mention it again, ever. But I don't think he feels an apology is due. Nor do I. Anything said would still have to be back-handed "Maybe you're not a pedo, but you're still an asshole"
Proof there is ZERO corporate governance on the TSLA board of directors. A board loaded with family members and sycophants. ZERO. Narcissistic, ego driven Elon Musk IS TSLA. I wouldn’t give this prat a penny of my $.

Proof there is ZERO corporate governance on the TSLA board of directors. A board loaded with family members and sycophants. ZERO. Narcissistic, ego driven Elon Musk IS TSLA. I wouldn’t give this prat a penny of my $.

By spending time here, you create advertising revenue for TMC which allows it to run infrastructure for people curious in Tesla to congregate.

While new forum members hear from minority FUDDERS like yourself, they mostly hear from experienced owners who really know about and love their cars.

When new members get emboldened by the wealth of information out there, they are compelled to make purchase decisions.

Therefore, you are in fact indirectly giving that "prat" pennies with your presence.

Typical crank, lets loose of their watery brain flatus on my totally unrelated post. Here's a helpful website for your problem: Depend

A serious question: What is your goal in your participation on this, a pro-Tesla, forum?

I'd like to know this too. It's hard for me to imagine any good-faith scenario where I'd want to spend my time participating on a forum of a brand I seem to seriously dislike.

2 different moderators have already made 2 substantially similar determinations about the person in question and issues surrounding that person. See below:

If it's a Bolt owner posting pro-Bolt comments in the Bolt thread, I suppose that's reasonable.

But if someone comes here posing as an enthusiast for another vehicle, and his only contribution is to make negative comments Tesla, then he's probably a troll.
, from Degradation of the Community...

Interjecting any material to get pleasure at the annoyance of others is trolling, and it is an offense that warrants a ban.

Regarding coming here to talk solely about the benefits of competitors' products, it's certainly close to the above. It's like joining the chess club, a game you don't play, and going on and on about how great checkers are. What would be the motivation there? It is different if you want to constructively compare the history of the games with the members. Tone, again, matters.
, from Degradation of the Community...

Hyperbolize much?

As the person in this thread who asked the initial question I'll stand and argue my points with anyone, you and @bro1999 included. Provided, that is, you are willing to make a reasonable and cogent argument.

When it becomes apparent that someone is being disingenuous by posting under a pretense, or with an agenda, then they've forfeited the assumption of honest discourse, and then they've brought upon themselves the scrutiny of their motive. If you feel otherwise, especially on an anonymous online forum where many folks post under pseudonyms, then you are naïve, gullible, or both.

As @anticitizen13.7 succinctly pointed out, this is identifiable behavior.

As such, my question to @bro1999 stands, and I now ask it of you: What is your purpose for participating here on a pro-Tesla forum with your clear anti-Tesla slant?

Status
Not open for further replies.