Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

First charge curve data I've seen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this shines some light on why the charge curve is the way it is today, minimum one that makes it somewhat on par with other EV trucks. MVP

All are bad

View attachment 1007952

Yep, sedans are EV road trip kings. Plaid S gets 182 miles in 15 minutes vs. 99 miles for Cybertruck. To get the same range in Cybertruck you’d have to charge 40 minutes. Basically you’d spend twice as much time charging on a roadtrip no matter how you slice it.

Yep, sedans are EV road trip kings. Plaid S gets 182 miles in 15 minutes vs. 99 miles for Cybertruck. To get the same range in Cybertruck you’d have to charge 40 minutes. Basically you’d spend twice as much time charging on a roadtrip no matter how you slice it.
I'm gonna slice it with the range extender. Won't equalize things, but MPH charge rate should go up 40-50% once the SuC is out of its power limit.

Still, it gets over 300 miles of range, nominally.
They can say whatever they want, but we know it's not true lol. I think if you make the proper calculations comparing real world range on Model S then adding the 50% weight and loss of aero and then add back in the 20% battery, you'd get very close to 250 miles of range like OutofSpec averaged. Tesla Model S Plaid 70-MPH Highway Range Test (insideevs.com) these guys did 300 on a model S with 21s.

I'm gonna slice it with the range extender. Won't equalize things, but MPH charge rate should go up 40-50% once the SuC is out of its power limit.
ABRP has Cybertrucks with range extenders but my testing shows the data to be goofy (it did not work at all right). I wouldn't even call it 'alpha' if obviously broke and unusable.
Just compare with and with RE on their site. It will be interesting when they get that worked out to see the impact of the RE.

8azkEFt.jpg

Reactions: mongo