Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification that battery cannot charge to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever got this notification? battery cannot be charged to 100% please call service. Schedule the service appointment but it's not till May 1st. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Couldn't find it in search.

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_072233.jpg
    IMG_20190417_072233.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_20190417_073440.jpg
    IMG_20190417_073440.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 503
  • Funny
Reactions: MrMassTransit
Appreciate it. Build date 10/18 delivered 11/18. I can't even charge it at all, tried tonight. It will charge for a minute before it says charging stopped on my phone. I'm going to try to bring it in tomorrow and see if they can take it. If not, got to wait till May 1st.

Have you tried the other service centers for earlier appt?

Yea I tried online and the AP for earlier appointment with no luck. I ended up calling the store and got to a person through New deliveries who connected me to someone in service. I'm going in tomorrow. I don't think it's going to be good considering I can't charge the car because it just stops and errors in a minute.

We had the exact same issue with our Model 3 about three months ago. Same message, and the car would not charge on a 120V, 240V, or Supercharger.

Mobile tech came out and disconnected the traction battery for 15 minutes, and then reconnected everything. Charged fine, just like the old days........for three weeks.

Then, we received the same message all over without the ability to charge the car.

It was towed to the Service Center and determined that we needed a new traction battery.

I hope you are not in the same bucket as we were. We picked up our Model 3 in January 2018. We had driven only about 3,500 miles in the year that we had it too.

It's a battery for traction. :p

The main battery that provides power to the motors to move the car, rather than the 12V battery for the auxiliary systems.
Coincidentally, I learned about this today while at a SC and seeing a tow truck arrive with a black beauty P100D on its bed. After being loaded into the charging bay, AAA used a small pack to charge the traction battery under the nosecone for about 10 minutes to power the car just enough to accept the supercharging voltage. It was otherwise it was dead dead dead.

Update. Bad news as I thought, they ordered a new battery for me. Lucky they loaned me a model s but definitely prefer the 3 way better. This is what they sent me

Service Engineering team identified an internal fault in the High Voltage battery and approve replacement. Part is currently on order and we are waiting for an eta of the part arrival time once we have one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Update. Bad news as I thought, they ordered a new battery for me. Lucky they loaned me a model s but definitely prefer the 3 way better. This is what they sent me

Service Engineering team identified an internal fault in the High Voltage battery and approve replacement. Part is currently on order and we are waiting for an eta of the part arrival time once we have one.

Well they’re fixing it, so that’s good.
How many miles on your car ?