Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is definitely a power reduction.
I went to dragstrip yesterday, my car is Facelift S P90DL, v2 battery.
My previous personal best was 11.26. Max bat on ready. This was before Tesla's power reductions, a couple of months later I got my car.
Yesterday, I had 10 runs, starting from %95 soc.
my personal best was 11.575 , this is with max bat on ready, %91 soc, slipstart. This is same as P85D without lud times !
I've tried launch mode a couple of times, best time was 11.66 max bat on ready, %93 soc.
(Just to give you an idea, my last run was in sport mode, and it got 12.76. Same as a 90D.)

I think real results are more important than computer read max power results.

So I'm asking Tesla, where is my 10 second car as promised?View attachment 219065

Your 60ft times are a tenth to two tenths higher than normal. You should be in the low 1.6 range. We're you losing traction on any of these runs?

Reactions: hostman
So I'm asking Tesla, where is my 10 second car as promised?

11807766613_7f6ab0d335_z.jpg

Sorry, had to...

Looks like @Old Man Mike is going to have to redo the power charts for all the P cars? Something that will need to be revisited after every firmware release. The firmware updates used to have a feeling of "wow - something new.. wonder what goodies Tesla has thrown my way?" Now - not so.
My SA is still of the mindset that my car should get max power without LM. I sent him my power tool logs showing the before and after "counterGate the sequel" power levels. Should hear something this week...

maybe a bit.

To give you a reference for 60ft and 1/8 mile times, my 2015 P85D (AUG 2015 build) with 28k miles maxes out around 408KW with MBP ready! and launch mode. I have body color roof, premium package, and 19'' wheels.Best 60ft is 1.635 and 1/8 mile 7.2921.

I assume my car has very good build quality because it currently has the fastest recorded 1/8 mile on dragtimes 2015 Tesla Model S P85D 1/4 Mile Drag Racing. The Fastest recorded 1/8 mile P90DL v2 on dragtimes was 6.886 2016 Tesla Model S P90DL v2 1/4 Mile Drag Racing. That time and your's is a HUGE difference. How long was it between when you did you 11.26 and 11.575 1/4 mile runs? How many more miles were on the tires? PSI different? Track conditions the same as when you did 11.26?

To give you a reference for 60ft and 1/8 mile times, my 2015 P85D (AUG 2015 build) with 28k miles maxes out around 408KW with MBP ready! and launch mode. I have body color roof, premium package, and 19'' wheels.Best 60ft is 1.635 and 1/8 mile 7.2921.

I assume my car has very good build quality because it currently has the fastest recorded 1/8 mile on dragtimes 2015 Tesla Model S P85D 1/4 Mile Drag Racing. The Fastest recorded 1/8 mile P90DL v2 on dragtimes was 6.886 2016 Tesla Model S P90DL v2 1/4 Mile Drag Racing. That time and your's is a HUGE difference. How long was it between when you did you 11.26 and 11.575 1/4 mile runs? How many more miles were on the tires? PSI different? Track conditions the same as when you did 11.26?
My previous max power was 495kw. Without launch mode. I think launch mode causes a little power reduction if tyres slip.
Tyres has extra 1000 miles on them. They are pretty good. Track conditions are similar.

Reactions: hostman
They are playing very coy... enough of this crap already Tesla:

"Thank you for reaching out to me. We have inspected the logs received for you vehicle and noted your vehicles range is not deviating and your battery pack currently has no faults. Currently your vehicle is performing as designed. Is it possible that you are reading the information you provided us from the vehicle’s dash? If so, we believe you are reading your vehicles estimates energy consumption chart. This chart will change due to driving habits, using the AC or heat and ambient temperatures. Please keep in mind this chart will continue to change as your vehicle collects more information on your driving patterns and provides better estimates of range consumption."

No, my vehicle is not performing as designed. And no, I'm not an idiot who is mistaking energy consumption chart for the very real loss of power that I am now experiencing.

This is odd given that @MarcG reports no power level reduction in his P85DL.

Power limit with latest software update: Data
@hostman was referring to when the counter limiters were still active. The counter limiters have now since been removed and there is now only the launch mode limiter which seems to be set at 1500A, so it does not affect P85DL and P90DL v1 users (since they maxed out at 1500A anyways). @MarcG's results pretty much confirms this.