Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla to host grand opening of its Burbank showroom - Burbank Leader

“Our upcoming Burbank location is a testament to the fact we believe the area will continue to be a strong market for us,” she said.

Snyder said it will employ about 30 to 40 workers. According to job ads on the Tesla Motors website seeking service technicians and sales people, employees are expected to have a passion for electric vehicles and “the ability to create exceptional customer experiences.”

Did any of us notice this article and the details of Elon's comment recently? I bought a 2008 Roadster on ebay this morning and was researching the 400 mile battery upgrade from Tesla and found it.

Tesla CEO Believes 600-Mile Range Obtainable by 2017

Seriously? 600+ mile range right about when all the other manufacturers will be rolling out or just into their EV competitors to Tesla. Google "Tesla" and this is buried deep into double or even triple digit page logs. How long before Google manipulates search results as a competitive advantage over Tesla and Apple? Given the recent confirmation from Jim Cramer's interview on making the market move and VW's Dieselgate it's quite likely. It's like CNN deciding to sell cars and never reporting on the competitors company unless it's bad news! Except Google can blame it on AI!

This is getting weird.

Did any of us notice this article and the details of Elon's comment recently? I bought a 2008 Roadster on ebay this morning and was researching the 400 mile battery upgrade from Tesla and found it.

Tesla CEO Believes 600-Mile Range Obtainable by 2017

Seriously? 600+ mile range right about when all the other manufacturers will be rolling out or just into their EV competitors to Tesla. Google "Tesla" and this is buried deep into double or even triple digit page logs. How long before Google manipulates search results as a competitive advantage over Tesla and Apple? Given the recent confirmation from Jim Cramer's interview on making the market move and VW's Dieselgate it's quite likely. It's like CNN deciding to sell cars and never reporting on the competitors company unless it's bad news! Except Google can blame it on AI!

This is getting weird.
I think most people believe that the 600-mile statement had to do with ultimate range, as in driving on a flat course, good environmental conditions, at 20-25 mph. This would be an improvement on recent, similar 400+ and 500+ mile efforts that have been catalogued. So it's still impressive, basically suggesting a 25%+ improvement, just not a 100% improvement.

Hello, all, in case you don't follow the Model X sightings thread Founder #8 was found at a supercharger and they said they took delivery October 18th. If I'm reading Bet TSLA's post correctly she thinks there are 9 or 10 Founders cars total and they are all delivered now. I've heard many different numbers there so I don't know who to believe but it is good to know that at least 2 additional Model X have been delivered.
Bet TSLA said:
I saw F8 charging at the mothership on Friday. The driver (and presumably owner) graciously answered questions and allowed people to open various doors and see details. She said she had gotten it on Sunday (I'm guessing that meant the 17th), and that she thought "all 10, or maybe only 9" founders vehicles had been delivered.

Nice work. I guess that pattern of TSLA selling off at the open and rebounding after lunch holds true until it doesn't. I'm going to start paying more attention to that and see if that is a pattern that can be taken advantage of on most days.

i dont practice the morning routine that so many day traders probably bank off of, but i saw an opportunity to get out of some calls from friday at a good profit so i took it. with that said, if i was more vigilant, i probably would try to steal a few bucks more often from that opening pattern tsla seems to follow most days.

Model X production this week?

With Earnings Call next Tuesday, I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see evidence of Model X owners with cars in production this week. We've already seen significant VIN assignment.

My understanding is VIN is assigned right before Body In White gets built. I also expect these initial signature cars will remain in production for a few weeks while tesla verifies their initial quality.

Model X production this week?

With Earnings Call next Tuesday, I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see evidence of Model X owners with cars in production this week. We've already seen significant VIN assignment.

My understanding is VIN is assigned right before Body In White gets built. I also expect these initial signature cars will remain in production for a few weeks while tesla verifies their initial quality.

You make it sound as if Model X production is completely within Tesla's control. It isn't. As Elon and others have repeatedly said, they are constrained by suppliers. Can the suppliers deliver 2, 5, 10, 100, 1000 windshields? Who knows?

You make it sound as if Model X production is completely within Tesla's control. It isn't. As Elon and others have repeatedly said, they are constrained by suppliers. Can the suppliers deliver 2, 5, 10, 100, 1000 windshields? Who knows?

Well they started the VIN assignments for sigs, right? Why start that if you don't intend to start building some BodyInWhite soon

let me be clear, I'm not suggesting they will build all sigs this week. Sorry if you thought I was implying that.

I'm simply saying that if first cars enter BodyInWhite production on Body Line #2, then those owners should see their status change to "car in production". I'm talking about a few cars. Ten maybe.

Windshields and rear seats don't have to be at factory in large numbers for the first MX body in white to get built.

On the other hand, if you know that production on a part is going to ramp, but late, you can build most of the vehicle and stockpile them. Windshields and 2nd row seats can be installed much later.

We simply don't know right now, and Tesla will hopefully tell us soon.
Hopefully (for my Mar 16 options) Tesla will provide good news soon.

Well they started the VIN assignments for sigs, right? Why start that if you don't intend to start building some BodyInWhite soon

By assigning a VIN you lock the order from a reservation. It's no longer fully refundable and it also keeps some people from easily wandering away. You can also lock in the demand for components and that helps your suppliers too with guaranteed quantities.

While in the past assigning a VIN did mean that production was next, and in VIN order, it appears that not to be the case right now. The VINs are all over the map from reservation sequence and nobody seems to understand how they are being assigned. This also may not have any effect on delivery (ie maybe the speculation about about supplier constraints does effect the delivery while they stage partially completed cars waiting for last minute parts).

demand for components and that helps your suppliers too with guaranteed quantities.
I don't think they need to lock in 1k orders to guarantee parts orders.
While in the past assigning a VIN did mean that production was next, and in VIN order, it appears that not to be the case right now. The VINs are all over the map from reservation sequence and nobody seems to understand how they are being assigned. This also may not have any effect on delivery (ie maybe the speculation about about supplier constraints does effect the delivery while they stage partially completed cars waiting for last minute parts).
Yes, we have no idea what it means except that there is a little bit of justification for mild optimism.

• Signature delivery now mid/late January
US Signature reservation 13xx. Completed configuration on 9/30 and Tesla finalized on 10/6. Configuration is 6 seat, no ludicrous, signature red, 22", going to Texas. Just got an update email from my DS today saying that they are estimating delivery mid to late January. Still no Vin assigned.

Seems likely that they're batching them for production and either my config or location is slowing me down compared to others who configured around the same time.

Steve

For what it's worth, shares on Schwab are currently considered "Hard to Borrow":

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 10.54.37 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.