Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious:

Why is the MX Plaid much cheaper than MS Plaid?

Both have End of 2022 as delivery dates for new orders. Of course I am hoping to get my new MS in Q1/22 or earlier. Ordered days after availability aka a long time ago.
Good question. The X Plaid is $120,00 while the S Plaid is $130,000. Probably because the battery pack in the X is smaller? 360 mile range vs the Model S range of 405 miles...

Just curious:

Why is the MX Plaid much cheaper than MS Plaid?

Both have End of 2022 as delivery dates for new orders. Of course I am hoping to get my new MS in Q1/22 or earlier. Ordered days after availability aka a long time ago.
Most likely the demand for sports SUV is not all that high. Not a lot of people track SUVs or race them as they are mostly soccer mom cars who are too cool for minivans. It's much more common to see a M3 or a M5 than a M series SUV from BMW on the road. I'm fairly certain the Model X plaid cost more to produce than a Plaid S too so Tesla is pricing it according to demand vs margins.

With Model X deliveries commencing, FOMO has begun.
My delivery date is May/June. LR, Red w/ Cream interior.
View attachment 722510
OMG - I can't believe this !

I ordered my X yesterday and I now have a May delivery date.
If you are looking to buy an X today (one day later), delivery is September. Enough orders in 24 hours to move deliveries from May to Sep.
I checked my account and May is still listed for my X.
FOMO really has begun.
#nodemand
1634484977721.png

Last edited:

If you are looking to buy an X today (one day later), delivery is September. Enough orders in 24 hours to move deliveries from May to Sep.
FOMO really has begun.
#nodemand
View attachment 722552

I should think that will pull in though as they ramp up MX production to higher numbers.

FOMO really has begun.
#nodemand
View attachment 722552
July still for XP in the US... I have no date at all in my order page :(

Message from the Ceo of volkswagen
Diess has the right mind-set, whether the rest do, or whether the unions allow it, we shall see

Astonishing that VW's biggest existential threat, Elon, was there to give them advice, props to them both for that, I found it rather heart-warming

I must admit though, I cannot imagine Tesla's top 200 management trotting off for a 3-day residential jolly in the Alps, how much did that cost?

TSLA has broken out of its linear base trading range. Current floor is $740 to $830 and would not expect the floor to be breached. The Market has a tendency to over react as seen back in January/February 2021 in which TSLA got ahead of itself. At that time GF Berlin was expected to start producing in June 2021 (GF Austin for August 2021), the Model S and X refresh was expected by end of February 2021. With the six month delay for GF Berlin (four month delay for GF Austin) and six month delay for Model S refresh (seven month delay for Model X refresh) it is no wonder TSLA corrected from $940 down to $540. What I find amazing is that Tesla will be able to reach close to 1 million vehicles in 2021 (certainly will surpass their 750k projection) even with these unforseen delays. Now that Tesla is firing on all cylinders batteries with GF openings and battery production imminent, the forward thinking back on January 2021 is now a reality and justifies the ATH $900/sh valuation. Take a look at the discrepancy back in January 2021 between the linear base trend range and the share price, which again could repeat itself in the nearer term taking us well above ATH. Looks like the S curve of TSLA has begun. The Cybertruck production late 2022 will sustain the share price yet again and push us to the next level. 2023 will be the age of Tesla Energy. And so on. And so on.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 11.51.42 AM.png

I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of money this guy must be pulling in from lobbyists and special interest. If this goes on much longer Joe Manchin's gonna be so rich he'll only be taking golden showers!

Joe Manchin just put the brakes on the Clean Energy plans, again yesterday. I never saw this guy flipping on the matter, seems like a selfish holdout to the core.

"In recent days, as White House officials were trying to forge a deal, Mr. Manchin told them he would not support any legislation that includes a clean electricity program. Mr. Manchin, whose state is a major coal producer and who has financial ties to the coal industry, has said that abandoning fossil fuels will harm the country’s energy independence and would make climate change worse."

Diess has the right mind-set, whether the rest do, or whether the unions allow it, we shall see

Astonishing that VW's biggest existential threat, Elon, was there to give them advice, props to them both for that, I found it rather heart-warming

I must admit though, I cannot imagine Tesla's top 200 management trotting off for a 3-day residential jolly in the Alps, how much did that cost?
Quite an amazing display of humbleness. I can't think of another time when a CEO was so open about being behind and reached out to a competitor in good faith.

It's not like VW is at the crunch point of the transition yet where they need to go cap in hand for a bailout - it's proactive humbleness

Been meaning to write this for a while. Why do we give so much attention to Gordon, Fred, Lora, Mark BS and countless other FUD spreaders? Yes, most of us can't stand them (or worse). Me too. But we give them way more air time (and clicks) than they deserve. The bashing also starts to feel a lot like groundhog day, the same arguments over and over again. Can we just focus on this beautiful company and less on its detractors?

I hold no hope for them. It’s talk. It’s rah, rah, let’s go team. It’s 199 too many top managers. They don’t have what it takes to unload the dead weight, restructure mercilessly, and start from scratch. That’s my prediction. #letshaveanothermeeting