Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which do we break first? 1200 or 1000? Make a guess.... I dare you.

My short term prediction, I think tomorrow we ATH on opening surge, but close at 1067.

We are currenty in meme mode on this stock. Next week I see a opening salvo early in the week followed by drop to 1000...

I am tempted to agree with this … but there seems to be a lot more money pouring into TSLA and options than the WSB crowd could muster. Like pushing $1T of total money flow according to the article I posted above. The question is who has such deep pockets and trades so . . Speculatively 🤔

I think what we have here is a squeeze on top of a higher valuation. The squeeze is self-sustaining as long as people believe in it and the sky is the limit. I think we could approach $2k if people really lose their minds. Then it will come crashing down to where we are now or even 800-900. I expect this to play out over another week or so.

All just my guess, obvi.

Tomorrow is guaranteed to be interesting!

If i were to repeat the BPS I have right now, that'd be the +750p/-950p for next week. That's about 11.30 - 3.20 for an 8.10 credit. Pretty damn awesome for a single week, and about 4% using the $200 wide spread.

950 is .16 delta which is also a good level for my risk / reward view on things.

Pushing back to the 700/900 put spread I get 7.80 - 2.25 = 5.55 credit. Also really good at 2.75% for 1 week. Figure I close either way at 80% - that's not a target so much as an observation of how things have been going recently.

The 600/800 is 4.15 - 1.05 = 3.10. My reality is that is plenty of income for my portfolio and place in life and that is a whole lot of safety built in.

So for me - I think that the 750/950 is safe enough, but I also don't need to take on much risk at all. I probably end up at the 650/850 and a ~$4 credit, as I don't think that even $900 is in play for next week, but I also like me some extra safety net since I've proven to be constitutionally unable to leave very much cash / margin unused.
Thanks adiggs, I have learned so much from your posts. Still trying to understand the benefit of wider spreads.

Realizing they will decrease the number of contracts is an 11/5 BPS 850/650 (STO leg delta at .06) @ 3.25 or 11/5 BPS 800/700 (STO leg delta at .04) @ 1.6 better? Each have a similar net proceeds given the ability to purchase twice as many with a 100 spread.

Is it safer to have a lower delta or more rolling options with a 200 spread?

Reactions: UltradoomY
I am tempted to agree with this … but there seems to be a lot more money pouring into TSLA and options than the WSB crowd could muster. Like pushing $1T of total money flow according to the article I posted above. The question is who has such deep pockets and trades so . . Speculatively 🤔

I think what we have here is a squeeze on top of a higher valuation. The squeeze is self-sustaining as long as people believe in it and the sky is the limit. I think we could approach $2k if people really lose their minds. Then it will come crashing down to where we are now or even 800-900. I expect this to play out over another week or so.

All just my guess, obvi.

Amazon and apple are down after hours and the futures are down some. Yeah it is going to be interesting and as long as it doesn't go to $1150 I should be good.

Thanks adiggs, I have learned so much from your posts. Still trying to understand the benefit of wider spreads.

Realizing they will decrease the number of contracts is an 11/5 BPS 850/650 (STO leg delta at .06) @ 3.25 or 11/5 BPS 800/700 (STO leg delta at .04) @ 1.6 better? Each have a similar net proceeds given the ability to purchase twice as many with a 100 spread.

It finally hit me yesterday: With a narrow spread you can't really roll for credit, you can't really roll for a better strike, and because you sold more contracts, you losses are multiplied. With wider spread you can stay a good ways in the money a long time and make money, you can roll away from the SP, and fewer contracts mean fewer losses if you have to buy your way out of something going into the money.

All just my guess, obvi.

It’s going to be very interesting tomorrow. I think the fact that “only” 25 million shares changing hands today means the institutional buying is over and retail FOMO is driving this surge. If the stock doesn’t achieve escape velocity in the morning, I expect a pretty rapid sell off until Monday morning. A week ago, we’d be thrilled with a share price of 970 on 10/29 even with the blowout earnings! Also if RSI goes any higher, it will stand for the Rasta Snoop Indicator

It’s going to be very interesting tomorrow. I think the fact that “only” 25 million shares changing hands today means the institutional buying is over and retail FOMO is driving this surge. If the stock doesn’t achieve escape velocity in the morning, I expect a pretty rapid sell off until Monday morning. A week ago, we’d be thrilled with a share price of 970 on 10/29 even with the blowout earnings! Also if RSI goes any higher, it will stand for the Rasta Snoop Indicator
I think the majority of us here would welcome a a sell off. A little reprieve on all of the BCS and CCs. +20% in 5 trading days seems extreme.

Please don't post this on the other forum. The consensus there is has reached a feverish high! 🤪

I've been using 20 wide for the safer ones (it looked like we would end the week between 1030 and 1050 to me earlier in the week) and 100 or 200 for the ATM plays. My plan was to roll them into next week if needed, as I expected us to go up from here sooner rather than later. I think we're going through a fundamental rerating of the stock, mostly driven by institutional buying. If that's right, we shouldn't go too far down from these levels. Certainly looks like every tiny dip is getting bought up. Anyway, I think the gamma squeeze from weekly options theory is hogwash; those absolutely happen, but this isn't one based on the OI, which for the week is not anywhere close to high enough to cause this kind of price action. If positions aren't held overnight, then why should the hedge be held?

Also, this has been my most successful week of trading - ever. I'm on track to realize nearly 200k in gains from options alone (not including appreciation of long calls). Condolences to those managing short call positions :(.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I've been holding for an average of 2 days maybe? This week has seen quite a few unintentional 60% day trades too. I'm opening positions thinking of the end of the week, but in this environment I'm going to take 50% or 60% if I see it.
Congrats! 50-60% seems like a great point to take profits. Some of the options education videos on spreads recommend that 50% profit goal. I agree that this is a fundamental rerating of the stock. The evidence is there for a supported run-up with high volumes, analyst upgrades, catalysts being recognized, media validation (CNN of all stations are becoming TSLA bulls), etc. If you're coming from a place of conviction on the solid fundamental and strong flight upwards, it makes sense to sell put spreads so close to the strike price.

I appreciate you sharing the spread width and how you played it. I may try something similar next week. I did well last week on BPS and just decided to just sit on the shares I have this week. Thankfully premiums are rising so I'll probably dip back in next week. I do see a huge run-up akin to 2019-2020. Without major Black Swan events like COVID, we can hold and 1,000 may become the new floor. We're only just getting started.

Reactions: MaxPain

To your final question - yes.

This is something @BornToFly and I have gone back and forth a bit about. All friendly of course. You have two great examples here. The 850/650 will go ITM sooner and have a wider range of management choices available. The 800/700 will go ITM later (more straight up wins with no management needed), but will have a more constrained range of management choices when you're there. To keep the income similar you'll double up on the $100 wide spreads, so the way I see it - you're all in either way, but one of those has fewer management choices and needs them less often.

I think that both are completely reasonable ways to approach this. I like having the better range of management choices that I won't need most of the time. This allows me a little bit better earnings most of the time. So my personal choice (that I've been actively using) is the 850/650 (I just increased this week from doing $100 wide spreads, and I don't see my going back).

The logic of not needing the management choices in the first place is also compelling :)

@BornToFly and I are in complete agreement on being far enough OTM that management is rarely needed regardless. And this week is a great example of why we all plan ahead.

The way I arrived at my view on wider spreads comes from that exercise I did earlier (yesterday? day before?) where I just made up some different circumstances and using the share price at that moment, as well as the option chain, and went through them to see what I would see.

So my suggestion (ADVICE!) is to do the same thing yourself. Shares are 1077 right now, so if you're awake you could do this right now before the market opens. Or just pick a random time during the day tomorrow, or do this over the weekend.

It really doesn't matter what the share price is - just grab the option chain at that moment and start building around that share price. Here are the different tests / situations I would setup. Stick with put spreads as they're most popular / profitable, and it keeps your brain from going crazy trying things out. Let's pretend the share price is 1100 when you do this, so we can do specifics instead of something more general (lower price is the long / insurance put, higher (second) price is the short put).

- 1100/1150 (smallish spread and it's all ITM). Start with the 11/5 position and roll it out to 11/12, 11/19, and 12/17. It'll be ugly :)
- 1100/1120 (a really small spread and it's all ITM). As above - start with the 11/5 position and roll it out to 11/12, 11/19, 12/17. You're looking for the strikes you can roll to sticking to a net credit, the debit you'll pay to keep the strikes the same, and then crazy management stuff like cutting the spread in half and doubling the contracts.
- 1100/1300 (big spread, all ITM). Manage as above.
- 1100/1200
- 1100/1400 ($300 wide spread - I think I'll be doing these as the share price is getting towards 1400 :)

These will all be bad and are based on being all the way ITM. Think of these as what our BPS holdings would look like if we were holding the BPS I currently have open - 750/950s and the share price drops to 750 (wouldn't that just be fun).

Then split the difference.
- 1075 / 1125. Halfway point of the spread.
- 1090/1110. Halfway point of the small spread
- 1000/1200. Halfway on a $200 wide spread
- 1050/1150. Halfway on a $100 wide spread
- 950/1250. Go crazy with a $300 wide spread

And then the short put touching the share price.
-1050/1100
- 1080/1100
- 900/1100 (the $200 wide spread)
-1000/1100. a $100 wide spread
- 800/1100

I don't know how to mimic this one, but also consider what a short put by itself will look like. Here I'm thinking of taxable accounts where the margin reservation can be significantly less than for a cash secured put. Something like $200 per share, or $20k for each contract. That's the same reservation as a $200 wide spread, and as long as the margin holds, you can keep rolling the put forever, where that won't be true for a BPS.

The spread gains access to this kind of leverage in retirement accounts, where only cash secured puts or put spreads are available. So with the wide spreads, we might be better off (safer - maybe more profitable, but I'm guessing not) using margin backed short puts in the brokerage accounts (that's NOT-ADVICE).

I'll be playing around with this - if I can get similar income generated using cash and margin in my brokerage rather than spreads, then I'll probably do that. I think I'll have better management choices relative to the spreads (no insurance put that also needs managing). But I haven't actually done this so you'll want to listen to people that HAVE been using their margin to do this sort of thing.

The way i see it, the wide spread accomplishes these objectives:
- the obvious and easy to measure one is the flexibility it provides for management. With a wide spread you can better see the swan coming and react to it. It won't be perfect but it'll be better.
- it enables this sort of leverage in a retirement account
- the wider the spread, the more that the short put behaves like a cash or margin backed put, and less like a spread. There's a range of share price in which that is true - probably the first 1/4th of the spread ITM, with diminishing behavior as you approach the 1/2 way point. I like short put behavior as its what I know the best.
- maybe most important for me personally, it's an imposed constraint for me emotionally that keeps me from getting too crazy with the leverage. My personal problem is that I see a stack of cash and it's hard to just leave it sitting there. I want to put it to work, so I'll sell 13 $100 wide spread with $135k (gotta have a few bucks left over for whatever :D). If I make 'em $200 wide spreads then I only sell 6 of them, and just like that, I've cut my rate of loss in half. I still have it all at risk and can still experience a complete wipeout, but at least it'll be slower arriving.

I could get there by selling 6 of the $100 wide spreads and leave the rest of that money unused - but I don't. Yes - I do realize the danger inherent which is why I consider this an emotional thing and is definitely NOT-ADVICE to follow in my footsteps.

So I can use the wide spread as a starting point. When the short put is heading for OTM then the wide spread lowered the cost on my insurance put, increasing my earnings. Or at least it does assuming that I'd sell the same number of contracts :)

The resource is all the way committed, but I've got the big management hammer of doubling contracts/ halving spread size. And if I really want I can do it twice ($50 wide spread with 4x the contracts). That makes for a big window to save an ITM put.

Which doesn't mean that I can't get wiped out - only that using all of the big share drops I've experience in 10 years of following TSLA closely, I believe that I could have weathered all of them. Especially if I'm starting fairly far OTM in the first place (say the .16 delta / 85% prob OTM range for the short put, or further).

Last edited:
It finally hit me yesterday: With a narrow spread you can't really roll for credit, you can't really roll for a better strike, and because you sold more contracts, you losses are multiplied. With wider spread you can stay a good ways in the money a long time and make money, you can roll away from the SP, and fewer contracts mean fewer losses if you have to buy your way out of something going into the money.

heh - what you said, with lots fewer paragraphs :D

A portfolio management approach that I've begun thinking about and am interested in thoughts / opinions about. High level my focus is on income, even if that means I miss out on some of the gains from big moves up like we're experiencing right now. I have plenty of delta to gain access to these big moves - I really don't need more, and I know that I won't sell shares or leaps to pay the monthly bills / living expenses. Ideally I don't ever need to get over this weakness.

That being said - the overall approach I'm planning to organize around right now are put spreads below the share price and covered calls (actually leap cc's) above the share price. I might do margin backed puts where they're available - I'm going to be experimenting with these as well, but don't know enough yet to have an opinion.

My thinking of the moment are leaps for the covered calls, and my historic view on these is to go out as far as I can, and pretty deep ITM, in order to minimize the time value. A more recent thought is to roll these roughly month to month - maybe 2 months at a time (but short) as I think I can be closer to the share price while still achieving a similar time value/month that I need to pay for. When the expiration is closer, then the time value fades off to nearly nothing - so if I change out the purchased calls on a regular basis I think I can get more calls for the same money, and at the same time value per month.

Some examples using the option chain right now:
December 2021 600 strike calls are on sale at $481. With shares at 1077 I'm paying $4 time value to have leaps I sell calls against for about 6-8 weeks, or ~$3/month. I might hold these all the way to expiration before rolling, and I might roll earlier, but there's so little time value from the get-go that closing early doesn't hold much value.

At $48k each I can buy 2 of these and have a little left over relative to buying 100 shares.

At the other extreme, in the Jan 2024 chain (let's say that's 25 months out; it's more like 26 but the math is easier with 25 months) and aiming for that $3/month (so $75 worth of time value) then I might buy the 500 strike at $650 each. There is about $75 worth of time value there ($500 strike + $650 purchase price is $1150. minus the $1077 share price is close to $75). My time value/month is about the same. I can get roughly 3 of these for the price of 200 shares ($65k*3 vs $107k*2).

Analysis - time value / month is similar, but I get 4 contracts vs 3 contracts for the price of 200 shares (actually a bit better on the 4 contracts side). The delta on these contracts is .91, so I get a lot more total delta from the closer contracts that I roll / replace every month or two vs. contracts that I can ignore for a couple of years once established, as well as 1/3rd more contracts to support covered calls.

The two downsides that I see:
- more frequent contract replacements means that I'll be realizing changes in the share price more frequently (good and bad)
- more contract replacements means more work (but not much)

So, to play Devil’s Advocate…. What if you do a small put spread close to ATM — say, $1130-1150 against stock at $1177 — and plan to buy back the short put on a drop. With the spread that small the long leg should pick up value rapidly on a drop. If the stock price instead stays level or rises, great. You’d just be in trouble if a passing dip triggered your sale and then the stock price recovered.

I’ve been thinking about the buy-back-short as a management strategy, but in that case it seems a very wide spread isn’t advantageous because the long leg wouldn’t gain value fast enough on a more modest drop.

My issue is that things are so frothy this week, up to $1095 and down to $1001 same day then back to $1070 and down to $1018 and all…. it seems hard to identify a big drop that isn’t just going to evaporate. Normally I’d watch for macro-fueled drops, but we seem disconnected from the macros these days too.

So, to play Devil’s Advocate…. What if you do a small put spread close to ATM — say, $1130-1150 against stock at $1177 — and plan to buy back the short put on a drop. With the spread that small the long leg should pick up value rapidly on a drop. If the stock price instead stays level or rises, great. You’d just be in trouble if a passing dip triggered your sale and then the stock price recovered.

I’ve been thinking about the buy-back-short as a management strategy, but in that case it seems a very wide spread isn’t advantageous because the long leg wouldn’t gain value fast enough on a more modest drop.

My issue is that things are so frothy this week, up to $1095 and down to $1001 same day then back to $1070 and down to $1018 and all…. it seems hard to identify a big drop that isn’t just going to evaporate. Normally I’d watch for macro-fueled drops, but we seem disconnected from the macros these days too.
I personally would prefer to not need to manage my positions, let alone plan the position to be managed. A lot of things can go bad when you break up your spread like that. What if the stock pulls back, you close the short leg and alright after that it takes off again and the value drops out of the long side.

I personally would prefer to not need to manage my positions, let alone plan the position to be managed. A lot of things can go bad when you break up your spread like that. What if the stock pulls back, you close the short leg and alright after that it takes off again and the value drops out of the long side.

Agreed about the transient dip problem — though you can always just re-sell the short if the stock price recovers. And arguably, choosing a $200 spread is also planning the position to be managed. The logic in its favor was that it’s easier to roll, etc. A $200 spread that starts $200 out of the money to me is just leaving money on the table. But my available margin is not so big that a set of those would meet my weekly income target; my thinking might be different if it would. :)

Anyway, I’m not planning to sell $20 spreads, just performing the thought exercise. Middle ground, baby!

To your final question - yes.

This is something @BornToFly and I have gone back and forth a bit about. All friendly of course. You have two great examples here. The 850/650 will go ITM sooner and have a wider range of management choices available. The 800/700 will go ITM later (more straight up wins with no management needed), but will have a more constrained range of management choices when you're there. To keep the income similar you'll double up on the $100 wide spreads, so the way I see it - you're all in either way, but one of those has fewer management choices and needs them less often.

I think that both are completely reasonable ways to approach this. I like having the better range of management choices that I won't need most of the time. This allows me a little bit better earnings most of the time. So my personal choice (that I've been actively using) is the 850/650 (I just increased this week from doing $100 wide spreads, and I don't see my going back).

The logic of not needing the management choices in the first place is also compelling :)

@BornToFly and I are in complete agreement on being far enough OTM that management is rarely needed regardless. And this week is a great example of why we all plan ahead.

The way I arrived at my view on wider spreads comes from that exercise I did earlier (yesterday? day before?) where I just made up some different circumstances and using the share price at that moment, as well as the option chain, and went through them to see what I would see.

So my suggestion (ADVICE!) is to do the same thing yourself. Shares are 1077 right now, so if you're awake you could do this right now before the market opens. Or just pick a random time during the day tomorrow, or do this over the weekend.

It really doesn't matter what the share price is - just grab the option chain at that moment and start building around that share price. Here are the different tests / situations I would setup. Stick with put spreads as they're most popular / profitable, and it keeps your brain from going crazy trying things out. Let's pretend the share price is 1100 when you do this, so we can do specifics instead of something more general (lower price is the long / insurance put, higher (second) price is the short put).

- 1100/1150 (smallish spread and it's all ITM). Start with the 11/5 position and roll it out to 11/12, 11/19, and 12/17. It'll be ugly :)
- 1100/1120 (a really small spread and it's all ITM). As above - start with the 11/5 position and roll it out to 11/12, 11/19, 12/17. You're looking for the strikes you can roll to sticking to a net credit, the debit you'll pay to keep the strikes the same, and then crazy management stuff like cutting the spread in half and doubling the contracts.
- 1100/1300 (big spread, all ITM). Manage as above.
- 1100/1200
- 1100/1400 ($300 wide spread - I think I'll be doing these as the share price is getting towards 1400 :)

These will all be bad and are based on being all the way ITM. Think of these as what our BPS holdings would look like if we were holding the BPS I currently have open - 750/950s and the share price drops to 750 (wouldn't that just be fun).

Then split the difference.
- 1075 / 1125. Halfway point of the spread.
- 1090/1110. Halfway point of the small spread
- 1000/1200. Halfway on a $200 wide spread
- 1050/1150. Halfway on a $100 wide spread
- 950/1250. Go crazy with a $300 wide spread

And then the short put touching the share price.
-1050/1100
- 1080/1100
- 900/1100 (the $200 wide spread)
-1000/1100. a $100 wide spread
- 800/1100

I don't know how to mimic this one, but also consider what a short put by itself will look like. Here I'm thinking of taxable accounts where the margin reservation can be significantly less than for a cash secured put. Something like $200 per share, or $20k for each contract. That's the same reservation as a $200 wide spread, and as long as the margin holds, you can keep rolling the put forever, where that won't be true for a BPS.

The spread gains access to this kind of leverage in retirement accounts, where only cash secured puts or put spreads are available. So with the wide spreads, we might be better off (safer - maybe more profitable, but I'm guessing not) using margin backed short puts in the brokerage accounts (that's NOT-ADVICE).

I'll be playing around with this - if I can get similar income generated using cash and margin in my brokerage rather than spreads, then I'll probably do that. I think I'll have better management choices relative to the spreads (no insurance put that also needs managing). But I haven't actually done this so you'll want to listen to people that HAVE been using their margin to do this sort of thing.

The way i see it, the wide spread accomplishes these objectives:
- the obvious and easy to measure one is the flexibility it provides for management. With a wide spread you can better see the swan coming and react to it. It won't be perfect but it'll be better.
- it enables this sort of leverage in a retirement account
- the wider the spread, the more that the short put behaves like a cash or margin backed put, and less like a spread. There's a range of share price in which that is true - probably the first 1/4th of the spread ITM, with diminishing behavior as you approach the 1/2 way point. I like short put behavior as its what I know the best.
- maybe most important for me personally, it's an imposed constraint for me emotionally that keeps me from getting too crazy with the leverage. My personal problem is that I see a stack of cash and it's hard to just leave it sitting there. I want to put it to work, so I'll sell 13 $100 wide spread with $135k (gotta have a few bucks left over for whatever :D). If I make 'em $200 wide spreads then I only sell 6 of them, and just like that, I've cut my rate of loss in half. I still have it all at risk and can still experience a complete wipeout, but at least it'll be slower arriving.

I could get there by selling 6 of the $100 wide spreads and leave the rest of that money unused - but I don't. Yes - I do realize the danger inherent which is why I consider this an emotional thing and is definitely NOT-ADVICE to follow in my footsteps.

So I can use the wide spread as a starting point. When the short put is heading for OTM then the wide spread lowered the cost on my insurance put, increasing my earnings. Or at least it does assuming that I'd sell the same number of contracts :)

The resource is all the way committed, but I've got the big management hammer of doubling contracts/ halving spread size. And if I really want I can do it twice ($50 wide spread with 4x the contracts). That makes for a big window to save an ITM put.

Which doesn't mean that I can't get wiped out - only that using all of the big share drops I've experience in 10 years of following TSLA closely, I believe that I could have weathered all of them. Especially if I'm starting fairly far OTM in the first place (say the .16 delta / 85% prob OTM range for the short put, or further).
Thanks to you both, I'm slowly learning! Addigs example really helped me understand the rolling options and the power of the spread, what a great exercise.

Agreed about the transient dip problem — though you can always just re-sell the short if the stock price recovers. And arguably, choosing a $200 spread is also planning the position to be managed. The logic in its favor was that it’s easier to roll, etc. A $200 spread that starts $200 out of the money to me is just leaving money on the table. But my available margin is not so big that a set of those would meet my weekly income target; my thinking might be different if it would. :)

Anyway, I’m not planning to sell $20 spreads, just performing the thought exercise. Middle ground, baby!
I face the same problem of wanting to maximize profits and not leave money on the table. I thought I was doing it safely last Friday with my strikes, but then lost HUGE earlier this week. The goal is to make steady, reliable income with very few (and hopefully small) losses. Playing games near the strike that require individual leg management that relies on the stock continuing to fall, or reverse just right, is more like gambling. When you gamble, you can win for a while, but eventually most people loose. I'm trying to not gamble as much as possible.

Need some "not advice"....

Trying to decide what to do about another potential mistake I made this week. I was pretty shaken by my losses Monday and Tuesday, and I wanted to repair the damage as quickly as possible. My TSLA shares were all fine, but the cash in my account was wiped out. I was convinced that the SP had gone too high, so I sold 2024 CC against all my shares for 1500 and 2000 strikes with the idea of buying them back after a 25% gain. However, the continued SP climb has increased the value of those calls even more and they are underwater. If the stock pulls back to the upper 900s I will be able to buy them back. Do I

1) Buy them back now for a loss, because the SP is never coming back down....
2) Resign myself to the fact that my shares will get called away in 2024 (unless they are not so ITM by then that I can roll somehow) and just use the money for the next two years to sell BPS (hopefully without big mistakes) and make money to decrease the loss in value of my account if the SP goes to 3000 by 2024.
3) Be patient and see if the SP pulls back in the next month and I can buy them back with minimal loss, accepting #2 if I can't.

What would you guys do?

Need some "not advice"....

Trying to decide what to do about another potential mistake I made this week. I was pretty shaken by my losses Monday and Tuesday, and I wanted to repair the damage as quickly as possible. My TSLA shares were all fine, but the cash in my account was wiped out. I was convinced that the SP had gone too high, so I sold 2024 CC against all my shares for 1500 and 2000 strikes with the idea of buying them back after a 25% gain. However, the continued SP climb has increased the value of those calls even more and they are underwater. If the stock pulls back to the upper 900s I will be able to buy them back. Do I

1) Buy them back now for a loss, because the SP is never coming back down....
2) Resign myself to the fact that my shares will get called away in 2024 (unless they are not so ITM by then that I can roll somehow) and just use the money for the next two years to sell BPS (hopefully without big mistakes) and make money to decrease the loss in value of my account if the SP goes to 3000 by 2024.
3) Be patient and see if the SP pulls back in the next month and I can buy them back with minimal loss, accepting #2 if I can't.

What would you guys do?

I would choose #3.

Not advice.