Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the market knows now that rates are indeed going up to a massive 0.5% in a couple weeks.
The fed is extremely accommodating to the economy and the overall market. They knew what the numbers were most likely going to land since January and they keep saying "measured approach", and setting expectations of 3 rate hikes, starting in March. They believe the economy is not very heated and can potentially be fragile incase another variants pops up. They also don't want to disturb lending by giving extremely hawkish guidance as that may have banks reduce lending with high expectations of massive rate hikes out of left field.

If you just listen to the fed in January, they want to transition with as little disturbance as possible.

It's just the stock pumping banks calling the sky is falling. They are desperate for higher rates as their earnings were trashed throughout the last 2 years bailing out hedge funds.

I knew I should have used margin in my "fun" account the other day when we were down at $855. Ah well!
Probably for the better anyway. I've been trying to pay down my margin in preparation for taking delivery of a Y and these drops in share price are practically turning me into a day trader. I bought 30 shares on Friday and just sold them again this morning. I've done the same two other times in the last month or two.

I'm really much happier when I'm simply holding. Last summer when the price was down to around 550 I was perfectly happy. Not a concern in the world. Holding Tesla stock is the key to happiness.

EV Competition is coming, with their.... manual transmissions?

💩

(Edit: Assuming they did an actual gearbox which it's not.)
This might be useful for an under-powered BEV (addressing battery scarcity). In theory, the user could get the same initial G-Forces off a smaller battery and it could be fun. I still like a good shifter, so make it ratchet shifter so the tires chirp better. I bet it will go VROOM-VROOM too, same crowd. I'm sure some will like it if cheaper, even at the cost of some efficiency loss (consider it's the same crowd that always wanted a blower installed - NOT for efficiency reasons.)

Consider this: If battery chemistry couldn't provide much juice (science wasn't as good), then you'd likely need a shifter for any decent acceleration off the line that compared with ICE. Now battery constrain Toyota and they have a similar problem IMO. I never liked early Hybrids as they were so gutless - felt like a golf cart. So take a 12kWh battery + 3 speed transmission... it's at least usable and would have some market share in a gas void economy.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Well, folks,
I can HODL forever without stress
but selling 4% for a house downpayment was stressful.
I will miss those shares but we parted ways at 912.69.
Definitely NOT advice.

I am looking forward to my new house.
I'm in the same boat at the moment. Trying to stall the vendor on the exchange/completion dates. Just don't look back and think "why didn't I wait a minute/hour/day/week/month etc." Enjoy the new house!

I'm in the same boat at the moment. Trying to stall the vendor on the exchange/completion dates. Just don't look back and think "why didn't I wait a minute/hour/day/week/month etc." Enjoy the new house!

Feel free to check out the other thread, lots of not advice, advice on this type of situation where you dont need to sell your shares.

Probably for the better anyway. I've been trying to pay down my margin in preparation for taking delivery of a Y and these drops in share price are practically turning me into a day trader. I bought 30 shares on Friday and just sold them again this morning. I've done the same two other times in the last month or two.

Oh I have two other accounts with most of my TSLA which aren't getting sold for many years (decades?) yet. My fun account is where I day / swing trade, using margin sometimes to buy stocks for quick turnarounds. I make a few grand now and then day trading TSLA there, and the past few days was an opportunity I missed. I was too afraid of the market tanking even further down, but things are looking up now.

I just convinced myself that it did not, devoid of any other facts. The other theory is that he's endowed a future Texas Institute of Technology. Let's see how these would read in today's news.

Story 1. UN World Food Program - Noble, but doesn't help Tesla grow faster. This is a safer story.
Story 2. Texas Institute of Technology - Elon shortcuts Universities to hire the best talent. This could affect the stock and growth.

Since nobody knows, they are directing the narrative away from Tesla. Again, with no other facts known, why did the media choose the Food Program?
I think the two events match up time wise.

This might be useful for an under-powered BEV (addressing battery scarcity). In theory, the user could get the same initial G-Forces off a smaller battery and it could be fun. I still like a good shifter, so make it ratchet shifter so the tires chirp better. I bet it will go VROOM-VROOM too, same crowd. I'm sure some will like it if cheaper, even at the cost of some efficiency loss (consider it's the same crowd that always wanted a blower installed - NOT for efficiency reasons.)

Consider this: If battery chemistry couldn't provide much juice (science wasn't as good), then you'd likely need a shifter for any decent acceleration off the line that compared with ICE. Now battery constrain Toyota and they have a similar problem IMO. I never liked early Hybrids as they were so gutless - felt like a golf cart. So take a 12kWh battery + 3 speed transmission... it's at least usable and would have some market share in a gas void economy.
OK, I misunderstood the Toyota story as it's a simulated gearbox, not real. I didn't del because I wonder about any market utility. Range would be terrible, so maybe it's for go-kart tracks or other fun machines. Likely OT now.

The fed is extremely accommodating to the economy and the overall market. They knew what the numbers were most likely going to land since January and they keep saying "measured approach", and setting expectations of 3 rate hikes, starting in March. They believe the economy is not very heated and can potentially be fragile incase another variants pops up. They also don't want to disturb lending by giving extremely hawkish guidance as that may have banks reduce lending with high expectations of massive rate hikes out of left field.

If you just listen to the fed in January, they want to transition with as little disturbance as possible.

It's just the stock pumping banks calling the sky is falling. They are desperate for higher rates as their earnings were trashed throughout the last 2 years bailing out hedge funds.
Yeah and media is not helping at all for the reasons for this inflation. Honestly I dont think the Fed can make that drastic a difference with this inflation.

We're right around Max Pain today and it's only Tues. (I have a call option expiring Fri.) Close it or wait for higher? Assume I'm not rolling, only trying to exit some leverage at this time.
Evidently, nobody knows. 😁
Maybe we can invite Einhorn to the forum as he seems to help TSLA. Will he interview?

• Funny
Reactions: 2daMoon
Feel free to check out the other thread, lots of not advice, advice on this type of situation where you dont need to sell your shares.
I took that not advice and although I'm not getting into options yet (if ever) I am using a securities-based loan for most of it. The best advice ever though is/was HODL!

It seems that there was something we aren't supposed to talk about this morning and I can't recall what it was. :rolleyes:

I've always been very superstitious about superstitions. 😉 (Murphy, on the other hand...)
I think it was something about green and red?

Yes that's it! We were not supposed to talk about Mars, the red planet and its green inhabitants. It's bad luck.