Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagreed because I don't think the company has pivoted to AI/bots and that is in opposition to the mission.

Elon sees FSD as critical to success, and has for a long time. And unlike other companies that rely on maps, semantic rule engines, etc... Tesla has focused on AGI as necessary for solving driving, as that's what humans do, and what the roadways are built for. It's very similar to recognizing that the environment is navigable by humans with vision, and that radar & lidar are complexities that can be counterproductive.

So, AGI is needed to enable FSD. And FSD is needed to accelerate the adoption of the platform. And that's needed to not turn earth in to a greenhouse.

Given that solving AGI also is a good chunk of the effort needed to produce a humanoid robot, and one of those is complimentary to Elon's overall goals (they'd be useful on mars for instance... and manufacturing cars...), he opted to embark on that journey as well. But they aren't stopping vehicles.

Unless the Bots can be used to increase the production of BEVs and to lower COGS to make BEVs more affordable.

Edit: Corrected after @scaesare showed me that was what they meant. I had misinterpreted this.

Last edited:
Reactions: scaesare
1714658760041.png

1714658822946.png

I have a question. With the complete SC team let go what is the fate of SC under construction or in permit stage. How will they get completed without some sort of project management?

In some cases someone else at Tesla with no idea what they're doing will be asked to step in.

In other cases those projects will simply be cancelled- for example.

Tesla backed out of four leases for upcoming Supercharger locations in New York: one in Maspeth, South Bronx, two in Queens, and one in Gateway Center, Brooklyn.

These were new stations recently announced to address concerns with overcrowded Supercharger stations in New York.

Now, it's possible Tesla instead plans to add more ports to existing sites, that's TBD I suppose.

From: Tesla is already pulling back Supercharger plans after firing team

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla backed out of four leases for upcoming Supercharger locations in New York: one in Maspeth, South Bronx, two in Queens, and one in Gateway Center, Brooklyn.

These were new stations recently announced to address concerns with overcrowded Supercharger stations in New York.

We reported on this issue in January when several stations saw long wait times to access a charger.

The problem was partly due to a surge in Tesla vehicles used by Uber drivers due to a new incentive for the city to electrify its ride-sharing fleet.

In order to address the situation, Tesla promised to deploy 100 additional chargers around New York City by the end of the year and even worked directly with Uber to gather data to locate the new stations at optimal locations.

These four new locations represented the bulk of these planned new stations in the city, and they are gone.

Three of the four sites were “power-ready” – as some work was already being done to prepare them to become charging stations for Tesla.

There’s a silver lining. When contacted, Revel, which operates its own fleet of electric taxis and charging stations in New York, expressed interest in these sites because of their location and capacity for high-volume fast charging stations.

From: Tesla is already pulling back Supercharger plans after firing team

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla backed out of four leases for upcoming Supercharger locations in New York: one in Maspeth, South Bronx, two in Queens, and one in Gateway Center, Brooklyn.

We reported on this issue in January when several stations saw long wait times to access a charger.

The problem was partly due to a surge in Tesla vehicles used by Uber drivers due to a new incentive for the city to electrify its ride-sharing fleet.

In order to address the situation, Tesla promised to deploy 100 additional chargers around New York City by the end of the year and even worked directly with Uber to gather data to locate the new stations at optimal locations.

These four new locations represented the bulk of these planned new stations in the city, and they are gone.

Three of the four sites were “power-ready” – as some work was already being done to prepare them to become charging stations for Tesla.

There’s a silver lining. When contacted, Revel, which operates its own fleet of electric taxis and charging stations in New York, expressed interest in these sites because of their location and capacity for high-volume fast charging stations.

This supports my theory that Tesla has realized how we are at the point where others will step in and build charging infrastructure.

Looks like Elon got it right, again!

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla provides the equipment for a lot of these installations, and avoids the more time consuming aspects of arranging for the individual sites.

Last edited:
This supports my theory that Tesla has realized how we are at the point where others will step in and build charging infrastructure.

Looks like Elon got it right, again!

We'll go ahead and let everyone else take more layup-easy recurring profitable revenue instead of taking more of it ourselves is getting it right?

(add on the fact everyone else tends to make inferior solutions too, which is bad for EVs across the board)

What if it is just that you can't imagine how AI/Bots DOES help accelerate the mission?
I can't really see the fascination with AI. Sustainable is about energy & evs . First order wise the mission is really about capturing those pesky electrons and getting them to hold still until we use them because that lets us finally move to fusion power, that big one...above your head. The less friction between grabbing them and using them the better and that's what this is about. It's really simple, anything that is not that..is not mission IMO.

Once we can grab and hold onto enough of that fusion power than we can dramatically impact climate change and make things sustainable. It's really really simple and it's why it's always been about the batteries.

We'll go ahead and let everyone else take more layup-easy recurring profitable revenue instead of taking more of it ourselves is getting it right?

(add on the fact everyone else tends to make inferior solutions too, which is bad for EVs across the board)

Yeah, I don't feel Tesla backing out of expanding the SC network to allow third party charging companies to fill the void is necessarily a good thing for EV drivers. Who here has ever used Electrify America, Chargepoint, or EVGO sites to charge? 😣

I have a question. With the complete SC team let go what is the fate of SC under construction or in permit stage. How will they get completed without some sort of project management?

Out of Spec Kyle posted that he knows contractors who are working currently directly with Tesla and those folks can't find anyone to talk to at all. Some other posts I've seen showed soon to be deployed sites were cancelled. Take it for what it's worth.

I assume some of these may be restarted, but I feel there is definitely a pause currently on any SC deployments or work for now.

Maintenance, I've seen from one of his videos is from a different team.

For those with angst, it’s proof they’ve never truly understood who or what they invested in.

I’ve been waiting for an Elon overhaul. 🤗

I've been trying to come up with an appropriate simile to help people understand Tesla's current situation. It's come down to these two leading contenders: (take your pic)
  1. TSLA shareholders are like helicopter parents of a 'tween giving their child hormonal suppressants; they like their kid just the way they are and don't want to see them grow up, or
  2. Alien offspring bursting out of Ripley's chest (graphic redacted; available upon request).
The analogy, for those who still cannot grok it? EVs were Tesla's caterpillars, Teslabots are their butterflies. One has wheels, the other has legs. Both have AI brains, and will go where no human has gone before... yet others here still have their sights fixed firmly in the dirt.

TL;dr Tesla bots are going to Mars (and 16-Psyche). 🎈🛸

Yes. Because we have bigger fish to fry. How cute of you to have forgotten that;

A) Tesla never set out to do it all themselves
B) Money is a means to an end, not the goal
C) Much, much bigger sources of revenue are about to come into play
Not Tesla’s problem. Not Tesla’s job to hold everyone else’s hands. And ultimately, when others can’t or won’t do, it makes Tesla’s products continue to stand out and be more desirable.

Pedantic away.

Out of Spec Kyle posted that he knows contractors who are working currently directly with Tesla and those folks can't find anyone to talk to at all. Some other posts I've seen showed soon to be deployed sites were cancelled. Take it for what it's worth.

I assume some of these may be restarted, but I feel there is definitely a pause currently on any SC deployments or work for now.

Maintenance, I've seen from one of his videos is from a different team.
Has there been any progress on the communication vacuum yet? I would think this would be a high priority fire to put out. Has tesla started to rehire or rebuild the tesla supercharger tesm yet.

Where is/was the supercharge team employed? Fremont, Texas, Buffalo???

Yeah, I don't feel Tesla backing out of expanding the SC network to allow third party charging companies to fill the void is necessarily a good thing for EV drivers. Who here has ever used Electrify America, Chargepoint, or EVGO sites to charge? 😣
I used Chargepoint once at a museum. It worked (L2) but the main reason was the rest of the parking lot was full.

Competition, of which reliability will play a crucial part, will be a factor in the evolution of charging.

Electrify America failed as it was done as a punishment for VW's Dieselgate, wasn't it? They didn't care if it succeeded, then simply had to make the effort.

Now that BEV adoption is obviously the way of the future, those who get into the charging market will be more interested in deploying quality products with reliability to increase what I expect will be tight margins.

Meanwhile, Tesla is good at manufacturing, so, these new companies don't have to reinvent the wheel. They can buy and install Tesla Superchargers with rebranding decals if they want to grow a profitable network quickly. We've already seen companies doing this.

Seriously? You cannot dismiss it because it's not happened for some time. Nor because it is directly attributable to inventory (you do not know if it's all 'in transit') or AI. Really it does not matter exactly how it happened. That it did is a major issue. Explaining it away doesn't eliminate it. Another clue, eliminating the advertising team (an experiment that proved to be a waste), eliminating the Lithium project (no longer needed, write it off and move one) plus the other major steps.

The actions themselves show how serious the deficiencies were. There is no way to diminish them. Now our only question si how the recovery process is going.

Bluntly, I sold a while ago and avoided worse, primarily because my triggering event preceded the other evidence. The question for me is only: How soon will the resuscitation projects result in tangible progress so i can buy back in. In all probability it will be about the time the price moves to meet my original sales price.

Given TSLA structure major improvement in share price will follow provable improvement in future prospects. There is hopium now, and hints, China developments are positive, but we've not heard from the counter issues from US and EU regulators. Nor do we have good enough data on TE.

When all that happens and the path is clear, then there will be serious appreciation. I trust that Ron Baron is already convinced.

The question for me is only: How soon will the resuscitation projects result in tangible progress so i can buy back in. In all probability it will be about the time the price moves to meet my original sales price.

Interesting 🤔

Mar 29, 2024
I have not yet sold a share. If the situation moves to general advertising I will sell.
Apr 17, 2024
Because some time has passed since the action, I should report that I am now no longer a TSLA shareholder. That action is generating some major capital gains, so no fiscal pain, other than taxes. I hope very much that this will prove to have been a mistake.

So you sold between Mar 29 and Apr 17. During this period, the highest $TSLA price on regular trading hours was $179.22 on Apr. 9.

You back?
Screenshot 2024-05-02 105551.png

Last edited:
If you’re moving just for the fast chargers, you’d need to be in Flanders. Wallonia is a couple of years behind Flanders in that respect, for various reasons. Mainly because Flanders is richer with more EV’s, and the Wallonian government not wanting to subsidise rich EV drivers.
@unk45. As an illustration, see the following press release about the state of the car market in Belgium Q1 24: Analyse du marché automobile au 1er trimestre 2024 | FEBIAC (I found this article while looking if the april data was already released).

The Model Y is the most sold car model in Belgium overall and in Flanders. In Wallonia, the Dacia Sandero is the most sold car. The Sandero is probably the cheapest car on the Belgian market.
In Flanders there was 55% growth for EV’s YoY, and no growth in Wallonia.